Heart broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart broken

My BoM is only 73 so I’ve been focusing on it for several weeks. Created a new warrior and kept crafting BoM. Throughout the weeks, not a single cleave BoM is dropped, and not a single 77! Finally the 77 came, but it is still not cleave! Mathematically, there should be at least one cleave with so many craftings! Now what can I do with this ugly beauty: (why frenzy is so bad? I tried to use frenzy as primary, not working at all)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	28593249-E6A0-4BC2-AC4D-B0B362A3359D.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	205234
    I will continue to craft BoM in bronze. I’m not after a 77 cleave, but it’s really outraging to get no cleave at all, not even a 71 cleave.
    Last edited by davidz; 10-29-2021, 01:36 PM.

I don't really play Warrior - but that looks like a decent BoM.

I assume you are using Charm of Qol which is Triggering your secondary attack. What is the problem with running Frenzy as your primary and Cleave as your secondary? I am aware that it isn't the preferred Meta - but given this, I don't understand that running with this would be anything but awesome.

... KTB

Comment

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Teebs that’s what I thought too, but the result is not logical. Frenzy just won’t get to the top. Whirlwind will become top killer. Looks like when I whirlwind, I’m also cleave but not frenzy. Maybe frenzy is target attack, so it can’t attack every mob. Hope Romme can shine some light on this for us.
      Last edited by davidz; 10-29-2021, 05:04 PM.

• Jose Sarmento
      Jose Sarmento commented
      Editing a comment
      As you say: Frenzy hits a single target each time, whereas Cleave hits all targets in front of the Warrior. Also, Cleave BoM damage bonus is higher (200%), making it deal effectively about as much damage per hit (per enemy) as Frenzy does, except it hits 10-20 enemies each time.

Whirlwind's attack is not the same as either of your attacks. Whirlwind deals its own damage, per skill description. It used to hit twice as much as your attack speed (e.g. if you had 7 attacks per second, WW would hit 14x per second (or the equivalent to that)). I would guess that still holds true, but others may have more recent confirmation of that aspect.

• davidz
      davidz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot for explaining that.

It knows what you desperately want and won't give it to you. I had a similar scenario where it would only give me everything but what I wanted, then I changed one of my desired stats to some thing rubbish(like life regen, also was low on mats for the desired stats), figuring I could reforge like ya do with xp. And low and behold it then coughed up the one I wanted... It maybe coincidence but worth a try

Comment

I do hope u will finally obtain a 77 or at least a 76 Cleave BOM Davidz.
      I myself sometime a bit heart broken: where's my 77 shield slam bom? Then I realize wat I have now will do: a 76. From time to time I just playfully craft boms for fun: suddenly I got a hold of this thing it's not for a shield warrior I'm afraid. Dunno whether it's good for a DUal warrior at high trials??? Well it's not legendary:

Attached Files
      New Season:

Whirlwind Shield Warrior Trial 154 in 9:40 min
      PURIST Mobile user

Comment

Originally posted by davidz View Post
        My BoM is only 73 so I’ve been focusing on it for several weeks. Created a new warrior and kept crafting BoM. Throughout the weeks, not a single cleave BoM is dropped, and not a single 77! Finally the 77 came, but it is still not cleave! Mathematically, there should be at least one cleave with so many craftings! Now what can I do with this ugly beauty: (why frenzy is so bad? I tried to use frenzy as primary, not working at all)
        I will continue to craft BoM in bronze. I’m not after a 77 cleave, but it’s really outraging to get no cleave at all, not even a 71 cleave.
        Keep it. Never know what BOM will be part of future metas
        DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re right. Frenzy is the highest lvl attack, so hopefully it can become really the choice in the future.

BOM crafting for the two classes that need it is the biggest frustration/waste of resources in the game, despite suggestions for workable fixes it has not changed

Comment

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          It is definitely one of the biggest frustrations (perhaps because of the potentially huge 'waste of resources'!).

It is the prime reason that if someone asks Lily or BoM - I say Lily without hesitation (no matter the class!)

Would definitely like something like Jewelry where you could buy the bonus

There is a saying, the more expectation you give, the more disappointment you get. Play casual, play unintended, and stay serendipitous.

Comment

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          I play casual but I really want to kill Garm. It’s personal now.

• TheExorcist
          TheExorcist commented
          Editing a comment
          Any shield warrior can safely stand in front of Garm and raised "the middle finger". Garm: we shield warriors love you. RIP

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i can safely stay in front of garm with SW but cant beat it at 154. Dunno how u did it exorcist

You're not crafting on pc are you? There's an RNG problem that can hit and loop the crafts.

Comment

3rd attempt after deciding to try SW…

Comment

• TheExorcist
            TheExorcist commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Andromeda: very nice slam bom indeed: "vit plus block". No need to say anythin on physical damage: its compulsory to go physical.

• Andromeda
            Andromeda commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! You were my inspiration to start a SW! One day I’ll be as strong as you!

• Turgeon
            Turgeon commented
            Editing a comment
            Woah real nice bom

Finally… 功夫不负有心人!

Attached Files

Comment

Glad to see you got it, congrats. Now bring home a ct for it, this beauty deserves one.

As for the rending slash bom, you can’t just replace a corner stone of your build (cleave damage) and expect it to work. But for a bleed warrior build that is built around rending slash, it would be one hell of an upgrade. Seeing as the vamp blades also boost rs. You would need to reroll the physical damage stat to fire though.

I’ve been crafting for a decent level shield slam bom myself and the rng gods keep blessing me with shockwave and cleave boms. I have done no where near as many crafts as you though. When there is no Anb I start one char a week, star the quests for gems and craft for a 77 bom. Best I got for now is a 73.
            mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

I finally killed Garm 144, and up a couple more, was stopped by dragon 147. I briefly got into top 250 for the season, but was kicked out later. Around my rank, I saw fully CTed players (13 CT) seem not to able to kill Dragon 147, which also appears to be unbeatable to me. The clock is :00 after I killed Garm 144 (I forgot to refill my beer, coffee and soup, so I didn’t have them for the last three minutes). I wish I can get into 250 after LB split.
              Last edited by davidz; 11-10-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Naos
                Naos commented
                Editing a comment
                That dragon also annoyed me a lot during my push for the leaderboard at 152.

At the end i managed to beat it but overall was frustrating as the fight can get quite messy.

What worked for me was this:

Even it means loosing a couple of seconds, lure the dragon to a spot where your SoS won't get blocked. At the same time that spot should allow you to attack it from at least two different angles clearly visible to you so that you are able to see the lava underneath your hero. Finally never stay stationary always rotate between the angles even if  you are not threatened by the lava. 

Using this strategy my final run was suprisingly comfortable maybe it'll work for you too...

• davidz
                davidz commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the great tips

Good job! I almost got 156, needed 20 seconds more. Still chasing the elusive 77 BoM Cleave... Some day maybe.

Comment

• davidz
                davidz commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s amazing. You belong to the elite group on the top. How many CT do you have? I don’t know if I can kill dragon 147 after fully CTed. I lost my confidence my friend. The dragon is so strong.
                Last edited by davidz; 11-10-2021, 08:01 PM.

• Mandrah
                Mandrah commented
                Editing a comment
                All CT but the bracers. TOS is 76 and CT, so that needs a boost too.

• Mandrah
                Mandrah commented
                Editing a comment
                All CT but the bracers. TOS is 76 and CT, so that needs a boost too.
            Working...
            X