Which BoM to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which BoM to keep?

I crafted some cleave bracer of mastery this ANB and wonder which one is the best to keep.

Lvl 73, 182% cleave (current one on main)
    Lvl 72, 198% cleave (ANB)
    Lvl 75, 171% cleave (ANB)
    Lvl 73, 178% cleave (ANB)

All stat attributes are fitting my main and are CT'ed or will be during the transfer to my main account. So, is the 198% cleave damage gain of the lvl 72 worth to sacrifice an item level or is it better to take the higher item level of the level 75 and live with a lesser cleave boost?
    In general, is there a rule of thumb that x% of ability boost is worth an item level?

It's a good opportunity for you to find out the answer by experimenting in Training Ground.

Comment

It's for push, not xp farming, right? Then the 72 should be the clear winner. The cleave damage multiplier is 2.98 (100% + 198%) for the 72 vs 2.71 for the 75, which means cleave damage will increase by around 10%. From what I've seen cleave accounts for more than 70% of warriors' total damage, so that 10% extra cleave damage is very significant.

Here's a similar topic in the mage section you might find useful:
      https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...tery-questions
      Mage: Anba
      Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Lvl 75 of course. One lvl difference is much bigger than a few percentage of cleave.

Comment

• bojck
          bojck commented
          Editing a comment
          that's actually not true :P

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t know the exact number, but 75 will have much higher power, CD, haste, vitality etc than a 72. Over all I will take 75, unless it’s not a cleave BoM.

Yeah, the training grounds were slightly in favor of the lvl 72, but the training grounds doesn't spawn Garm or a giant mob with occasional elites and status effects
        I assume with increasing stats and damage the higher cleave multiplayer has more impact than the gain from the increased stats of the lvl 75, especially on my main.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Comment

For anyone interested or having a similar situation: I continued crafting and got another lvl 75 bracer with 185% cleave and three more lvl 72/73 ones with 190+% cleave.

The training grounds didn't show a clear winner and I didn't have the time to test them in higher trials. The stat difference between a CT'ed lvl 73 and lvl 75 is between 10 and 15% in each attribute (e.g. +15 haste and +2,4% physical damage) while the cleave bonus of my lvl 75 was 12% lower.

With an estimated similiar performance, a higher level bracer with a decent cleave bonus was rarer than a low level bracer with great cleave bonus (one lvl 75 to four lvl 72/73). So in the end, I took the lvl 75.

Comment

• davidz
            davidz commented
            Editing a comment
            Good choice! Those power and cd applies on everything including the cleave…
        Working...
        X