Salvaging Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvaging Questions

I'm returning to Eternium after a long (multi-year) hiatus. The game has changed a lot! I need to learn more about crafting and do new character builds, but before getting heavily into that, I want to clean up my inventory. In particular, I have epic, legendary and set items that I have no reason to keep. So it seems I should salvage these, but I have some questions about salvaging:

1. Does it matter what type and level of character does the salvaging? For example, should I make sure a mage salvages mage items, a level 70 character salvages level 70+ items, etc.?
    2. Does it matter whether I salvage items one at a time vs. as a batch?
    3. Is there an advantage to combining greens (uncommon), blues (rare), purples (epic), and golds (legendary) in a batch -- or does it make no difference?
    3. I do know I should remove gemstones before salvaging ;> Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

1. Level of toon doesn't matter. Mage/Warrior/BH can salvage any item. But I think the salvage obtained varies according to the type of item. I.e. Mage items produce more of the leather resources than a warrior item. Essences however seem to relate to the attributes of the items being salvaged though. MofTitans require set items to obtain.
    2. Batch is quicker especially with legendaries
    3. No difference as far as I can tell.
    4. Always double check before salvaging to make sure you don't salvage something you actually needed/wanted/might come in handy later.

Comment

• papa jim
      papa jim commented
      Editing a comment
      Crafting mastery level affects salvage, check the perks.

3: yes. You should group set items together, then legendaries first and work your way down. There is something in the salvage process that rounds up the essences and stuff you get. So if you group set items together, you have a bigger number of marks, because of rounding up. Same logic applies to working downward orange to green.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Thanks for the help! Good to know about the crafting perks. Seems I should get to crafting lvl 10 (to get Scrapper perk) before salvaging my hoard. (I understand the advantage of getting crafting mastery to 50 for ANB, but I don't see perks beyond Scrapper that would impact salvaging).

Is it guaranteed to get a MoT from each set item? If so, it might be better to salvage those one at a time to get the 5% chance of a double salvage.

Comment

• papa jim
        papa jim commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no guarantee you will get mot from a set item but it is virtually certain that you will not craft a level 77 until ml=50. crafting before that with the expectation of an item level greater than 71 will disappoint you.

There is no need to wait for the Scrapper perk to unlock, you get double salvage anyway. There is also no benefit in grouping by whatever criteria you chose, each item will yield the same whether it’s salvaged alone or in bulk.
      Last edited by LodWig; 11-14-2021, 06:42 PM.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

Working...
      X