PvP BH Stun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvP BH Stun

Hi gents, I’m fairly new to the pvp system. It would be great if someone can explain it a bit on the stunning shot that I got every single time when playing my BH against another BH. Will I be able to cast it as well and how?

Thanks.

It is probably Smoke.
    Wish they would state the ability that was cast that just stunned you from offscreen then you are killed by 'Unknown' that hits you once.
    But the PvP is not setup for lower level CL characters. Even when I am a CL2200 Bounty Hunter I am creamed by a CL 500 Mage, makes the PvP very boring because you are forced to fight a TL0 as any Mage over 300 or Warrior over 500 kill you before you even move. If it was not for the Gemstones received, PvP is absolutely useless and a waste of time.

Comment

I agree pvp isn’t well balanced, but I also doubt you are getting killed just because of cl... Damage is calculated very differently in the arena.

Your offensive stats are divided by 10 for arena iirc. So that 2k power you have in the char screen, becomes 200 power. And that 30% chance to crit becomes a lot less too. So balancing a pvp toon is completely different from a pve toon.

Defensive stats are super important too, if you can evade those 1 hit kill attacks with high deflect, parry,… you will win way more fights. Since most good pvp builds have a big initial burst damage, if you can survive for a few seconds, you will often win.

So you have the lower ladder where people have basically pve builds used as pvp, and then you have the top 100 or so that has builds made/adapted to pvp. This difference in effectiveness creates the huge wall you are running into.

To give you an idea, my current pvp build has over 98% damage mitigation (30% from parry, around 90% from block, 95% from armour). But way worse mage builds floor me all the time, since magic cannot be blocked, and I loose a huge chunk of my layered defense and drop down to around 90% damage mitigation. This means 5 times more damage coming through compared to warriors and bh. And since blocking also fuels my encrypted shield’s bubble, the difference is even more obvious.

Offensively I use fire Lilly so I don’t need to spread out my stats between power and crit. With shield block active I have about 15k power, which translates in 1500 pvp power. If I take this build into the trials I would probably get stuck around tl120, but just having this build played by the computer I am stable around rank 300 of the warrior lb. If I actually play pvp, I could probably take the build in the top 100 by revenging other warriors and battle hunters. But it would need to do a lot of fights daily to consistently stay at that level.

As for gear I use a lot of things that are utter rubbish in pve, like encrypted shield, brooch of vampirism,… Same for skills, my build runs on deadly throw and devastate (3/4 of the range of charge but still a skill you can use from range). And the automated ai knows exactly at what distance to fire devastate to basically teleport in from it’s max range and follow up with 5 extra attacks. Third skill is the shield block, that converts the defensive block stat to power, meaning that stat has double use (it’s basically like having a 5th stat on all gear ).

Hope this gives you some pointers on what is different in pvp and pve, and what gear to adjust to do good at pvp. Often it only takes a few pieces of different gear to adapt your pve build for pvp. For example the cleave meta warrior build has a pvp adaption where they swap out ww axe for encrypted shield, and swap out trinkets (vamp brooch for the slow to name but one). The really high ladder builds usually also swap out their BoM. Just like with other ladders you can check out the top player’s gear so check there for specific builds.
      Last edited by Kardinaal; 11-22-2021, 07:38 PM.
      mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

I was looking for the source I got the “offensive stats are divided by 10” from, and can no longer locate it. So I am not shure on the numbers. But the general ideas in my previous post won’t change much.

the only official communication about arena is found in the release notes:

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...e-notes-1-5-22

and that just said that defensive stats are scaled up while offensive stats are scaled down, and a promise of more detailed numbers. I looked around for that detailed info but came up blank. If anyone has a source, please share.
        mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

Working...
        X