ANB Gem Socketed Ephemeral Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB Gem Socketed Ephemeral Items

During ANB, I understand that non-CT ephemeral items are lost after the event unless they're first sold. What if they are socketed with gems and they are still present when you end the event? That is, will the gems be saved and show up in your mailbox if you don't first remove them or will they be lost with the ephemeral items? I haven't tried it and was wondering if someone had. Thanks.

No, you can spend every gem just once. So it’s all a question about how much to invest vs the rank you end up on. Higher ranking gives better medals so gems invested in Anb (should) result in better medals if you play your cards right.

I’ve done Anb with as little as 200 gems and as much as 8000. Got both CTs either way, but on the 200 gem Anb I didn’t even bother pushing for rank, and just crafted some gear I needed for my main to take home.

To link gem spending to Anb goals:

no or very few gems:

* reaching tl 110, farming trials with a focus on resources for crafting, and crafting 2 lvl 77 items on bronze events, one 77 on silver/gold

* farming for exp expect around 1200cl

* you will probably not get a decent rank or medal

1000 gems:

* you can afford a few exp boosters so better returns for exp farming, around 1600cl

* on a bronze or silver event you can probably take home a modest medal

2000-3000 gems:

* you can use exp boosters from lvl 1 till the last minute, and do some strategic early game crafting (fire Lilly, gear that gives wide area damage pulses,…), around 2000 cl

* a low/mid level medal is attainable

7000-8000 gems:

fully boosted exp farming + legendary crafting crate for more resources lead to more crafts and a higher average item level and higher rank.

Good players can manage top 100, should get you a decent medal

Any gems you spend beyond 8k will only serve for more crafts, better item levels and higher leaderboard rank. The top dogs have all gear lvl 77, bet that costs a ton of gems

mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Disclaimer: these are guesstimates from my experiences in game. It has to be mentioned that I’m pretty good at planning/theory crafting builds but once it comes to practice my skills at this game are slightly below average.

So depending on your fine motor skills and general level of sobriety you can probably do better than what I consider attainable ?

• Ravenwood
      Ravenwood commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry, but I should have said gemstones instead of gems. Having said that, I appreciate your input. I'd like to do better in ANB, but it eludes me for now.

I believe the op is referring to gemstones, prior to ending the event you should unsocket and sell all ephemeral items otherwise you lose them.. The gemstones will then be mailed to you.

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my you are right, totally misread it.

• Naos
      Naos commented
      Editing a comment
      Still good advice

• Ravenwood
      Ravenwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for confirming. That's what I've been doing (unsocketing the gemstones), but it's good to verify that's the right method.
Working...
X