• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papa jim
    commented on 's reply
    No, jewelry crafting does not impact crafting level

• Wulfric
    replied
    Slightly random question but it is semi related to the original question. Does crafting rings/necklaces have any impact on raising the crafting mastery level?

Leave a comment:

• Raingold
    commented on 's reply
    This is extremely helpful, thanks. Good fuel to keep leveling. I'm happy to have the data and fully understand things are likely to change. Have a terrific ANB, LodWig.

• LodWig
    replied
    Average number of crafts according to Mastery Level, assuming it doesn't change, which is of course wrong

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled 66.png Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	208676
    Last edited by LodWig; 01-14-2022, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raingold
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know my low Crafting level isn't a total obstacle, Rockdoc. Thanks.
    Ellel77, I appreciate the perspective in how crafting level affects the odds of gaining a lvl 77 item.
    I read the ANB guides, but somehow never grasped how this works. I may need to make a special offering to Fortuna.
    Thanks all, for your help. May your ANB results fulfill your best hopes.

• eliel77
    commented on 's reply
    The chances with level 50 is 1/64 to get item77
    With level40 is 1/256 if I'm not wrong
    I can only imagine what are the miserable chance to craft one 77 with level 25.

• RockDoc
    replied
    I was corrected in that you only need to reach crafting mastery level 25 in order to craft level 77 gear. It's just your odds are higher when you get to crafting mastery level 50.

Leave a comment:

• Raingold
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, RockDoc, that's encouraging!

I rigged an angled lapdesk with a gel wrist pad to tap out a bunch of level 33 water essence caps. Rose a bit more than 1 level. It's a huge relief that there are only 29 more levels to go.

• RockDoc
    replied
    Crafting mastery only goes up to level 50. Gear was previously capped at L70, but now when you reach crafting mastery level 50 you'll be able to craft up to L77 gear.

Leave a comment:

• Raingold
    replied
    Thanks for the help, all. I was away for months, still getting oriented. I understand the advantage of lvl 19 to conserve materials. I've experimented with lvl 30 items, too.

Good point about considering the farming time as well as gold trade off to level crafting faster. I can use more practice farming gold, whereas I get no enjoyment or skill out of pushing the same buttons thousands of times.

I may need to adjust my hopes for this ANB. I wanted to craft more Legendary set pieces for my current warrior, (for the Season XP as well as crafting mastery) but decided against burning so many crucial mats.

Also, I'm only at 909 Champion, so I'm prioitizing running trials with XP boosts. I have no concept how long it would take to reach [ LVL 70 or even--ETA: Correction, thanks to RocDoc, 50 is the highest Crafting level] Lvl 50 mastery, but I'm guessing that it would require more time and mats than I can spare. I've completed most of the season challenges quickly because I'm enjoying them and want all the rewards, especially that final 20 glory. I'm in kissing distance of Season lvl 18.

I'll see how far I can get with lvl 19-30 crafting in mindless moments. Appreciate the feedback! Wishing everyone fast trial clearing, great drops and all the crafting and battling mojo.

​​​​​​
    Last edited by Raingold; 01-13-2022, 03:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kardinaal
    replied
    The reason you find info to craft lvl 19 items, is if you recycle them, you get as many or more essences back as you put in. If you craft higher level gear the mastery will go up faster, but you will loose essences for it. That then means you need extra time to gather gear to get more crafting materials.

So crafting lvl 19 is best from an economic viewpoint (gold/materials). But crafting higher level gear will get you to max mastery faster.

Leave a comment:

• maxsec
    replied
    craft legendary NORMAL armor ( non set/uniq), level 29 until inventory full
    use water essence for attributes
    salvage
    repeat
    if waterr greater essence has empty
    craft epic lv 29, do as above,
    craft rare/unncomon lv 29, until lesser essence haa empty
    farming again/use oother essence

Leave a comment:

• papa jim
    commented on 's reply
    It is a balance of the time required to level versus time for farming gold and materials for crafting, I crafted some level 14 but most was higher, think it was in the 30s.

• Raingold
    replied
    Does anyone have new data or tips on efficient leveling up? I've tried lvl 19 cost/ time balance for armor crafting along with R+ and L items for Season rewards.
    I only managed to rise from 28 to near 30 in crafting this week. I have 1M plus in gold, decent on mats, scored more by reaching Season Lvl 17.
    I'm practicing Trials and gold runs for ANB. My main obstacle with crfting is a low threshhold for abject tedium. No gaming background. I do this for fun. How do other people who work FT/ beyond FT hours make time to do this?

Any time/cost estimates for leveling crafting, such as, craft R 50s for 3 hours and the torment ends?

I had a wild hope for a CT this time. I'd use gold runs to level crafting as fast as possible to reduce RSI aggravation and seething boredom--I don't want to burn through too many mats, though.

The thread referenced above gave me a good jumping off point for my previous attempt: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/th...ering-crafting
    Wishing everone a great ANB. Thanks.
    Last edited by Raingold; 01-12-2022, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Powerkraut
    replied
    Thanks for the link. I have hundred of thousands of lesser essences, time to tap a button for 4 hrs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X