How to use the Armory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use the Armory

Hi! I've read "1.5.41...and an Armory!", and to my troglodite mind, it appears as if some important questions weren't answered, referencing a problem I'm dealing with now. I stored my gold digger outfit in there, and later on I upgraded a couple of items (shoulder pads and talisman/trinket). To update my storage, I returned to the armory and clicked on the bar housing my characters' gear, and pressed "Equip". It flashed a sign saying certain items were not available. After playing around with it for a while to no avail, I thought to delete that save, and then save the current configuration. Also to no avail. My reading comprehension isn't much better than some folks holding high office, so I ask - Where did I go wrong?
    Just think...one good rocket barrage, and you can end up being the proud owner of a pair of Healthy Leather Pants of Thorns...

Kitty Kat not an expert of this game but looks like missing item means its no longer in your vault, you may have sold or salvaged it... To update armory just equip all armor and click save... Works like overwrite, hope this helps

Comment

That doesn't work. I take the new shoulder pads and talisman off and leave them in his stash, go into the armory and click on his character name. I click equip and nothing happens. I replace his gear, go back into armory, click on his name, click save, nothing happens - won't overwrite. And I can't delete the character. I did recycle his old gear, and that's what obviously created the gaps. Don't "need' the armory, but it's there and I'd like to learn to use it.
      Just think...one good rocket barrage, and you can end up being the proud owner of a pair of Healthy Leather Pants of Thorns...

Comment

Armory does NOT store gear- it simply is an automated kind of checklist of your gear / skill slots for a given tasks (say - XP or Gold farmer or Push or Story or ....???), your gear HAS to be stored in your stash (or I guess your own inventory - but that might be a tad dangerous to either inadvertently selling it or salvaging)

IMPORTANT CAVEAT 1 - a gear slot has to be complete with ALL gear slots (including jewelery) filled - otherwise it dumps the unallocated items into your inventory instead of your stash (this is how a lot of people lost some gear - by simply salvaging everything in the inventory when some of the gear from an Armory gear slot got dumped there)

IMPORTANT CAVEAT 2 - it does not store your champion point allocation - particularly important if you switch between a Fire Lily or a Crit build.

It takes a bit of 'practice' working with it - but I think in the long run, it is mostly worthwhile!

... KTB

Comment

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          It also does not remember if you changed any socketed gemstone(s).

Admittedly, I was in a class full of turnips, and on my last day at school, I read the grade charts. I came in second from the bottom, but only because the turnip at the bottom had died before finals...
        Here's my story, sad but true...I had 2 empty slots in the armory. I saved my battle rattle in one, and my gold digger in the other. While (whilst) mining gold, I pinched a couple of sweet items from some bad boys and upgraded 2 items of gold gear in the field. On my return to base, I salvaged the replaced items, then proceeded to try and update the "checklist" so that it was representing the current new gear. The "checklist" is minus the two salvaged pieces, and I don't know how to change it, though I've tried using the only two buttons available "save" and "equip".

Comment

https://youtu.be/SWEbDHavSqQ
          Don't beat yourself up. I suggest a fresh start. Clear your mind. The link above is from Rob Spooner, sometimes shows up as Wispy here. Excellent step by step video on the Armory.
          “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
          ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELAFOR - BH Farmer

Comment

Domo arigato gozaimasu, Warriorsan

Comment

• WarriorSeven
              WarriorSeven commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome, but truth be told, I'm not Japanese, although I am very fond of sharing Shabu Shabu in a group setting.

(Mouth just started watering just thinking about it ... ; P)
          Working...
          X