• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAFERS102
    commented on 's reply
    Tin Man, 80 hours, you mad bast*rd.

• Arawn
    commented on 's reply
    BH--all the way. By far the fastest. 4 Assault, 2 Havoc, level 77 fully unlocked, movement speed enchants on pants and boots, Cape of Celerity, coffee, and Pathfinder passive. Level up to 20 to unlock Smokescreen, then remove XP jewelry and empty XP CLs to keep movement speed as fast as possible. I prefer to just five-star the first world, then delete, repeat
    Last edited by Arawn; 08-10-2022, 11:48 AM.

• PoppaLlama
    replied
    Arawn
    After reading thru this thread, I'm curious to what your final build/decision is for BH speed gem farming?

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, I have never really been into speed farming gems. I was involved in the old discussions simply because of the unlocking gear rabbit hole.

On top of that? I prefer to use a mage to clear story levels. Yeah, a smidge slower than a hunter but has a benefit similar to Smoke Screen through the GMC Shatter. Additionally, you kill a lot more things which means more gold, stuff and gems when you clear a level.

I understand you wanting to avoid Act II but I believe your gems farming would gain even more if you run through all the Normal levels once all the way through Act IV to unlock the side quests and then run through each level that you want to farm another four times and those that you do not want to farm but have a side quest a second time to maximize your gem farming. This will gain you the roughly 120 gems from the side quests.

There have been comments in the past that some players believe the gems that you can earn each day from farming are capped at around 500 gems/day. I have no idea how true this is and gems from quests and clearing story levels are not impacted. The gems earned from quests and story levels might count toward that cap. Someone else in the know would have to address any possible gem farming cap.

I will say that toward the end of the day it seems that gems dropped by trials and story levels do seem to decrease and come back after the day rolls over locally. I have never tracked this though and it could just be my mind playing games.

I am definitely not a fan of five-staring all story levels for all three difficulties for the 1500+ gems. I do tend to keep my old ANB heroes around to claim the Daily Quests until they have five-starred enough Normal levels that I will think about finishing five-staring the other levels before deleting the hero.

That is about all that I know regarding speed farming gems.

• WarriorSeven
    commented on 's reply
    For all 3 of my classes, 40 minutes of real time to 5-star World I (16 Levels) seems about right. I haven't tried it, but wearing a Cape of Celerity (that special "living" Epic drop that adds +41 Speed) and an Elderan Coffee (buy at Tavern for an additional +10 Speed; 62,500 gold/10 min.) can only improve the time.

• davidz
    replied
    Yes, jumping works better on square maps. On maps having one straight line, jumping still works good if you combine tornadoes with it. Tornado not only kills all mobs around it but also speed up the warrior.

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    commented on 's reply
    Tin Man I know you use BH... Ever timed the process?

• Arawn
    commented on 's reply
    They operative word being "some" levels. Yes, warrior can take shortcuts through maps using Leap, but this does no good if the end of the map is not close enough to the start of the map to make use of Leap. Also, the level cannot be completed unless all mobs aggroed along the way are eliminated. This is not an issue with BH as it can cast SS. I've used all three classes and for this purpose BH was by far the fastest. Even once leveled up to 20 to unlock SS I can still get something like 73 ft per second. Fast

• Arawn
    commented on 's reply
    ricklhall Yes. New character, farm all gems in first world, delete character, rinse and repeat

• davidz
    replied
    Nobody mention the Jumping Gem Farming? You can use a warrior to jump around the map like crazy. Some levels can be finished with two or three jumps.

Leave a comment:

• ricklhall
    commented on 's reply
    Is this starting with a new lvl 1 character?

• Arawn
    replied
    So, using BH, it takes me roughly 20 minutes of in-game time, which is 40 minutes of real-world time, to run through all the first-world levels five times (except the two gauntlet levels which are only completed once) netting roughly 100 gems (including the 25 gems received from quests and also the cost of character deletion). This translates to approximately one gem every 24 seconds (of real-world time). Anyone else have any wildly different data?
    Last edited by Arawn; 06-11-2022, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    RockDoc Now you want to go and ruin all of our fun!

• RockDoc
    commented on 's reply
    I stand corrected, once again. You'd think I'd have learned by now to make sure I have my facts correct before I post a comment. Plus I should have real experience with the topic being discussed. In this case I made a comment based on a quick read of a post with no actual experience with either gem farming as a specific objective, or lowering the usability level of gear more than once in ANBs. I shall endeavor to insure that any future comments I post are based on my actual knowledge and experience, and not what I did or didn't read.
    Or I'll just be expressing snarky opinions or comebacks to something that someone else has posted!
    Last edited by RockDoc; 04-15-2022, 02:39 AM.

• jaani wangu
    replied

Is really no different than equipping a level 70 item when your hero is only level 65. The process only requires more time and effort.
    hellodear.in

teatv.ltd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X