Kara on legendary underworld question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara on legendary underworld question

I have looked all over the net and can't find an answer to this question so I am hoping y'all can help. I just started playing 2 weeks ago and have a champion lvl 453 BH and was breezing thru the game and got to Underworld on legendary and got to Kara (who I blow away on trials) and she one hit kills me...over and over and over. I get one shot off and she sends out a glowing orb and I am dead. Her minions don't even have time to show up. What am I missing? As an example the dragon a few levels before I killed without it getting one breath off so you can maybe understand why this took me by surprise. Thanks for any advice.

Are you killing her 3 lieutenants before you take on Kara? You'd be surprised how much power she draws from them. Also what trial levels are you clearing with her? I'm probably way off but legendary Kara with her lieutenants alive is almost as hard as Kara at TL90. Corrections are welcome.

Comment

• draythomas
      draythomas commented
      Editing a comment
      I called them minions but in the post I said it happens so fast her lieutenants don't even appear. I walk in the room she shoots one ball of light I am dead. There are no other people but me and my 3 companions and Kara. I tried over and over. I walk in she shoots I die. I just passed trial level 95 Kara and had no problem I don't even move when she shoots her purple knives or whatever they are at me but on legendary underworld I walk in one ball of light I die. I seriously don't get it, it's so insane it's like a glitch I don't have a problem anywhere else. Like I said I don't even move out of the way of her attacks anywhere else I just stand there and let them hit me because they do so little damage.

• draythomas
      draythomas commented
      Editing a comment
      RockDoc someone just pointed out I didn't understand your answer! Thank you! I had no idea they were scattered in the level I was used to seeing them next to her and in other playthroughs I never noticed them. Thank you.

You misunderstood the answer, the lieutenants are located at different locations in the underworld, not with kara. Find and eliminate them before attacking her.

Comment

• draythomas
      draythomas commented
      Editing a comment
      I did misunderstand!!!!! I feel so stupid!!!!! Because I was getting bored and it was the last level I just went straight to her! I never noticed on the other playthroughs that I was even killing them! What an idiot! THANK YOU!!!! AND THANK YOU ROC DOC!!!!

I feel like an idiot! I was thinking about the women that gather around her during the trials not the "boss" type guys in the dungeon. So yeah, like I said I was bored and just went straight to her on this last run and skipped them and never even realized how important they were. Thank you for the answers guys! I was SO confused!

Comment

There is a storyline to the game, to relieve some of the boredom (at least a little). I suggest taking some time to read the dialogues and the pop-ups by the NPCs during gameplay.

The 3 acolytes (mini-bosses), Modrok, Dragnak, and Grumber, lurk in 3 completely different areas in the The Underworld story map, and were, in fact, mentioned whenever you first completed your initial story quests and the NPC side quests. You learned at that time those 3 feed Kara with a secret power that keeps her strong -- that is until you dispose of them which weakens Kara significantly for your final kill of her.

As an aside, one rarely seen player here (Wispy, aka Rob Spooner) posted an interesting YouTube video a few years ago where he actually demonstrated slaying Kara without first ghosting her 3 acolytes. He used an osmosis enchantment on his mage and ran directly to Kara's lair, avoiding the last map altogether, and literally danced around her to avoid her shots and missiles (would take a fair amount of practice and patience to do what he did). And it took a long 4.5 - 5 minutes or so (and Rob did die a few times), but in the end he proved Kara can be disposed of in another way.
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
      ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELATOO - BH Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post

As an aside, one rarely seen player here (Wispy, aka Rob Spooner) posted an interesting YouTube video a few years ago where he actually demonstrated slaying Kara without first ghosting her 3 acolytes..
        Actually, he just released another YouTube video about the Underworld.
        In it, he repeated that, with all three acolytes still around, Kara has a strength roughly in line with Trial Level 150.
        [Search for Rob Spooner, not for Wispy.]

Comment

• RockDoc
          RockDoc commented
          Editing a comment
          TL150! I guess my estimate of TL90 was a bit too low. Live and learn.

• Wispy 2.0
          Wispy 2.0 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been summoned, but be warned version 2.0 is even more defective than the original.

On topic, in Legendary mode Kara hits as hard a TL150 (or higher) version of herself, however her health pool is more akin to something around TL130. Her summoned minions are regular lvl70 mobs and die instantly. Makes her a good place to practice high level bosses and dodging without the hassle of spending time in Trials clearing the job phase.

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol! Nice for you to stop by, Wispy 2.0! Do come by again when the urge suits you!

P.S. -- Enjoyed your recent video on Stormcaller Regalia build!
          Last edited by WarriorSeven; 05-02-2022, 05:38 PM.
      Working...
      X