Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saying: why is a "players helping players" section even necessary? Actually I already know the answer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying: why is a "players helping players" section even necessary? Actually I already know the answer...

This is, for the most part, a rant, and maybe a reality check, but I m honestly bewildered, (actaully I m not. I need to remember this is a for profit endevor). I run Linux, and it s common to refer to man pages when something needs to be researched, and or learned. I see no documentation in many games like this. I m betting the devs document their code for this game to the nth degree, but the players will most likely never see that documentation. Instead a "players helping players" section will be developed. All In the name of capitalism? Just publish the man pages. The current gaming model is old, and boring. Why not give a player all the info, and let the code make the excitement. Sorry. I guess I m thinking open source, and free...

...because I come along and read every single post on this forum and help those who need it. Having a "players helping players" section give players a place to post questions that I don't need to answer (i.e. "how do I craft better jewelry" or "why is a "players helping players" section even necessary?").

Comment

I don't see what capitalism has to do with your question.

Eternium is a purely entertainment product - so the stakes in making sure that full documentation are incredibly low (as in ... non-existent)

Part of a game is the 'discovery' aspect. If everything in the game was laid out - there really wouldn't be a 'need' to play it.

Yes - there are somethings that would go better with at least some 'documentation' - like what the hell are those circles on the ground (auras)? But you can both figure it out by playing or simply ask a question here or on discord (or fb).

I get ranting about capitalisms effects - but the abject shitty health care industry in the US always comes first to my mind - and Eternium doesn't rank at all.

It is a fun game that doesn't require you to pay at all to be able to do reasonably well.

... ktb

Comment

My answer is that no one is born knowing how to play the game (or anything else for that matter). What makes Eternium different than other games that I have played is the supportive community of experienced players who bend over backwards to help new players learn the game. Not in exchange for money or even game tokens, but just for the love of the game and to be part of this community.

Welcome to Eternium! Bring your enthusiasm and desire to learn, but park your cynicism at the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Welcome to Eternium! Bring your enthusiasm and desire to learn, but park your cynicism at the gate.
          This would be a very useful SIGN to post in Home Town.

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

KUWA QOGI VEJU 4115

VACAFOR - 4F/2W Warrior
          ... MICA - Mage ... BELA - Hybrid BH ... MICATHREE - Mage Farmer ... BELATOO - BH Farmer

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL
        Working...
        X