Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Rank, and Rating calculated, and what defines the sample group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Rank, and Rating calculated, and what defines the sample group?

(In my game), On the Bounty Hunter leaderboard It says, "Your hero is in the top 5%. Rank #2,615 out of 147,442. Rating 1234." It s obvious that 147,442 players is only a slice of all players playing this game, so how are players diffierentiated. My first impression is to compare this scenerio to voting districts. Is it by area? Regardless; my rank and rating is determined by 147,442 other players, but there s multiples of 10 more players playing this game. Who are the folks that are part of the group I am part of, and how are these groups determined?

My understanding is that activity is the determining factor. So, this season, 147,442 players (so far) have used a BH to clear a trial during this season.

I doubt your premise about groups. Otherwise, we'd have grouped LB at the end, or we'd have a lot more surprises finishes than we do.

Comment

I have no idea what "Rating" you are referencing - can you post a screenshot?

The number (147,442) you reference are the number of characters IN YOUR CLASS (in this circumstance - Bounty Hunter) who have run a Trial (successfully within the 10 minute time limit). This does not account for all characters across all classes. Leaderboards are character class specific.

... ktb

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        Tin Man , thanks - I had no idea they were talking about Arena.

I have never "entered the Arena" so had absolutely no idea.

Perhaps if this had been placed in the Arena channel I would have known well enough to keep my mouth closed!

... ktb

• Lord Dust
        Lord Dust commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not seen any determination here in the Forum about how the rating is determined but there is obviously some formula...
        If this bunch of obsessively number-crunching lunatics doesn't want to figure out how it works, it must really be a terrible feature. #thereisnoarena indeed.

• davidz
        davidz commented
        Editing a comment
        If arena drop gems or more cosmetic points, or available during ANB, then people may play it. It’s actually fun to play arena with ANB hero.

Teebs I have no idea what "Rating" you are referencing - can you post a screenshot?

Tin Man Freedom is a loaded shotg*n.
      Lord Dust You re arogance is showing. You need to tighten up yer shyt.
      Last edited by Hemmroid; 06-02-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X