Pythia only for Mobile crafting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pythia only for Mobile crafting?

Why does Pythia only work for mobile crafting?
    How is mobile crafting better than PC based?
    What is the difference in the Random Number Generators (RNG) on the different platforms?
    Are the outcomes over 64 crafts materially different from mobile to PC?

A lot of explanation can be found in this thread.

Comment

• ricklhall
      ricklhall commented
      Editing a comment
      thx for that linkage.
      If I am reading the information accurately, this shows the deviation from standard prediction using pRNG is different between PC and Android for a lvl 1 BOM. Do I have that about right?

Is Pythia using pRNG as its modeling RNG? If so, within a single character ANB run, 64 attempts or so, that deviation is probably statistically insignificant, and Pythia is equally useful for PC? I have done a couple ANBs with substantial deviation from Pythia prediction using only mobile. It is pain IMO to move back and forth between the PC and iPad, if it provides no advantage.

Pythia works for PC crafting. It is Antikythera that you need to use mobile for to get the BoM predictions.

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      ricklhall Sorry to say, I think that you have to stay on mobile until after you craft the bracer that you want, switching back and forth throws of the algorithm. PC uses a different way of randomization than mobile platforms do. It wasn't so bad for me because I was able to use a tablet for crafting. I did accidentally craft something on PC, so I had to go back through the craft three items on mobile and run a new trial step before my bracer predictions were normal again. It is the kind of mistake that you only make once...

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Careful, Ozy ... From my painful, personal experience, the biggest issue crafting on both PC and mobile platforms is that for your future gear krafts, Pythia absolutely becomes useless! The safest bet in getting the most reliable predictions is to craft everything on mobile.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      WarriorSeven I think you may be right. The BoM was the last craft that I needed for push, so I never crafted after that. Probably safest bet it to make all crafts on the same platform.
Working...
X