Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a general guideline for what the optimal number of each attribute is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a general guideline for what the optimal number of each attribute is?

By this I mean attributes on gear.

I understand that this kind of question is quite broad and if there is no such broad answer/generic formula (such as "fixing" stats using gemstones by looking at the % increase) that can be followed to be applied to the specific case then allow me to fix a scenario.

Since I'm running warrior a lot then let's consider a crit 6fury build. First we can break the equipment down into the 6fury set pieces itself, the trinkets, bracer, belt and lastly the jewelry. Of course for this build Stalwart Defender is where most of the crit comes from so is there a necessity to add on additional crit to any equipment? Since SD is activated by parrying then should parry be an option on any gear or should it be left to the passive and the gauntlet enchant?

The "useful" attributes that will be used clearly consist of haste, ability rate, power, crit rate, crit dmg, vit and life on hit. The question is how many of these on the equipment? Obviously crit damage goes on everything and on the trinket, belt and bracer NaD and PhD are taken but what about power? How about vit for survival?

or am i going to get "just count the number of attributes the top players have"?
    Last edited by Finn Weronika; 10-18-2022, 10:03 PM.

Well optimal stats are very build-specific...

You can start by ignoring any stat increases from skills/items etc. Then for offensive stats just go by sheet damage - pick whatever adds more damage from power/cr/cd. If 1 haste adds the same damage as 1 power, pick haste because of the added life on hit and alacrity.

Then consider each skill that you use - how is its damage calculated? Most skills are affected by power/cr/cd, but there are exceptions. Some are not affected by haste.

Then start adding stats you receive from items/skills. E.g. for pushing with 6 fury, just assume you'll have +2500 power all the time.

For warriors there are so many buffs that you should ask for the very specific build you are using...

Same goes for defensive stats, but there it's even more tricky, because the formula used to calculate sheet damage is misleading when it comes to dodge/deflect/parry.

There was a topic in the forum about stats: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...throughs/5013-

and we also have a lot of info in LodWig's lost pages channel in Discord
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Finn Weronika
      Finn Weronika commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I feel/am a bit old but with no offense intended I personally prefer forums as to me, I consider them a better place of more well thought out threads/posts and responses unlike a live chat where things can easily get buried and sometimes difficult to dig up and find again. I find that forums are a much better way, for me at least, to compartmentalize and keep track of the threads and more importantly certain posts in threads which would be much harder in a sea of constant messages all the time. I see the benefit of a live chat and the spontaneity of it with immediate answers and so on but that's just not for me.

Perhaps I am aging a little too quick haha.

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Not the only one aging.... I have given up on Discord several times, despite the fact it is the most up to date for infos - for similar reasons. Thankfully to many caring players, we still get a diluted(?) version on this Forum.
      I am sure you already know the following collection in dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n236yo183...kUW_Na2Ia?dl=0
      (any forum version available of those "lost pages"?)
      Two thumbs up to the Forum & the contributors, some of whom, I suspect still grew up in an analog universe where those first digital casios and the E.T. gang with the flying BMXs were still kind of magical....

• Finn Weronika
      Finn Weronika commented
      Editing a comment
      The other reason I have a bone to pick with discord is because of their acquisition of Sentropy. Thanks to that, many other like myself which you are free to search up on discord forums have been wrongly labelled as spammers for going about their day and regular activities. As an example
      https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us...Trying-To-Send
      this is just one of the first and biggest threads on the topic I found. My case is that out of nowhere after joining another server my account got disabled, messaged support and they gave the usual spam filter response and for some reason this pattern of getting disabled randomly just kept happening and I couldn't figure out why (at this point I just lurked in servers and didn't send any messages or join or leave any servers) and due to the repeated disabling and disabling of my account it was labelled as a spammer. After it got disabled for like the 4th time, I messaged support once more but never got anything back, so that account stays like that and of course any new account I try and make just immediately phone verifs and if I did get my number working in there, the account is immediately disabled anyway, so if anyone wants to know why I "refuse" or don't want to use the service, it's because I just can't work with it no matter what I do (especially the support I've tried to get which had been mostly a joke).
      Last edited by Finn Weronika; 10-28-2022, 10:13 PM.

Sounds like great advice to me, I guess I'll just go with whatever feels like it would work and then try my best to fix it by looking at the gemstone % increases. Of course plenty of thought will go into it and I'll be sure to ask if I feel something is a little off or I just need help patching the build up.

I'll have a trawl through that stats thread too and educate myself a little more on this subject matter. Hopefully it'll improve my train of thought when crafting my stuff.

Comment

I wish the leaderboard would show us the “details” tab for players. I think I could get to the answer that way and it would be build specific. I added that request in the feedback thread.

Comment

• Finn Weronika
        Finn Weronika commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice indeed, more insight is a great way to improve your own builds.
    Working...
    X