Assortment of advanced/technical questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assortment of advanced/technical questions

So I've played this great game for some time and I've amassed several puzzles I can't seem to solve no matter how long I try. So hopefully someone can help me with it.

1) It seems that Silence field and Singularity do not count towards mob's CC resistance, is that correct?

2) Elban (and other mobs with jump it seems) has a weird bug with jump when you CC him. It seems to most often happen when I use Singularity on him. How it looks like is I just randomly die in a "poof" while he's a mile away. I even see no red damage text. This poof looks like what happens when he lands after a jump. My guess is that he tries to jump, gets cancelled, but the landing effect is not dequeued and is played after a delay the game has calculated when he initiated it. Is that how it works? If so, should I only use Singularity on him after he jumps to avoid it?

3) How do boss abilities work? Are they on cooldown? Most interested in Elban'd Jump and Life drain. Should I expect him to do it every X seconds, and should I expect him to never do it after he did it for X seconds (on cooldown) or can he theoretically do it twice in a row?

4) How do people who run mages like LED (900 dps, minimal toughness) couner Elban's Life drain? Do you just permanently silence him (3 maggies)? Is that the only way to live? Or do you just have to silence him at the right moment when he will use the ability (is that known)?

5) How exactly does damage reflect aura work on mobs? It seems that it doesn't reflect damage the mob himself receives, only his allies inside his aura. It also seems to work globally (wherever you are in a map) so there's no evading it, right? But it also seems to sometimes flash (visually) and it also seems to sometimes cease to work? Like I'm throwing fireballs at a crowd and get no damage reflect and then I just suddenly die in 1 second from a wall of red text. I've seen LED reliably take down those packs so it seems there's a mechanic to it? Can someone explain?

6) Why does jewelcrafting work the way it is with singular/multiple stats on single items? I've read the guide and decided to make entry level jewelry (about 200k budget on one item and teardrop level gems). The guide tells you to make single stat green/blue/epic rings and then fuse them into 4 stat legendary. The guide comments also say that if you do a 3 stat legendary you will get same budged spread over 3 stats so you don't miss anything if you only want 3 stats.

Now, I decided to study it myself and I found out that this is 100% accurate, BUT, it seems inconsistent.

I make a 1 stat blue ring, it seems to add about 33% to the stat. So about 113 power from 3x85 power rings. If I make a 2 stat blue ring (2 power 1 as) I loose a little bit power but gain a little bit more than as I put into it. So it seems that 2 stat blues are a no brainer! I mean, you lose about 10% of a stat and gain whole other stat!

However, I then proceeded to make two almost identical purple rings. One I made using 3 pure rings, and other using 3 mixed rings. Basically one was pure ability, pure attack speed, pure experience, while the other had 2 ability 1 other stat on every one of three blue rings used to make a purple. And the result was that I had about 55% more of every stat on the ring that used pures, and 55%/22%/10% on the ring that used non-pures. So why is it inconsistent? Why when fusing green to blue, you get more stats from combining stats, but when fusing blues to purple, you get more stats from pure stats? Or am I missing a point here?

7) How exactly does Blink's 2 charges work? First of all it's not documented so I assumed it's a bug at first. Nowhere does it say it has 2 charges. But it does. Question is - how does the cooldown work? I thought it would either be that each charge cooldowns individually (so if you use it rapidly twice, after time listed passes you have 2 charges again) or sequentially (so, same scenario, after time passes you get one charge back and same time has to pass to get your second one back). But neither seem to be the case. When one cools down you see a timer that is neither a full cooldown nor minimal (even if you use both charges in a rapid succession). How does it actually work then?

8) Almost all the time I see cooldowns on my spells "skip forward" when I'm attacking. It doesn't seem to happen otherwise. So if I throw Singularity, I can watch it go down second by second, the sign gradually getting revealed by clockwise motion. But if I do it in combat, it seems that it "jumps" and skips ahead, shaving off the cooldown time. The game runs fine (no hang ups, no slow downs) so it shouldn't be the case that it catches up with the time. I thought I saw this effect (shave off cooldowns when attacking) described somewhere in the game (warrior ability? item? I dunno) but I definetly don't have it on my character (mage, no named items, no set bonuses, default 3 minions). So what could that be?

9) Singularity seems to bug when working with slowed time. If you launch it and then slow time, it seems to stop pulling mobs away (but still damages them). If you launch it while in slow time, it seems to hardly damage anyone, and after normal time resumes, it accelerates (and it's time to live seems to accelerate too, so it gets despawned way faster than it should). Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

10) Is compare broken for shield vs tome? It shows me I'll gain damage when switching to a shield but I lose it?

11) Is any class/build in the game actually using the Life Regen stat? It seems to have about 25% budget of LOH, and LOH is further amplified by attack speed which seems to be at least 2.0 for any decently geared character. So is this just a totally useless stat? Why isn't it buffed? Is its purpose to make it harder to get good gear?

12) Do you get this bug where you click to watch a video and the game freezes, so you have to click back on the device (and you get no gems)? Is this what's fixed in next version?

13) Is the XP curve known? Like, how much XP is required to go from 40 to 41, 60 to 61, or CL 100 to 101?

14) Do the daily quests actually give XP? It says they give 500 xp but even on lvl 9 characters I haven't noticed them actually change my XP bar.

15) Can you still do daily quests "on one character"? It seems people say that's possible but I don't get how to do it? Did they fix this?

16) Is extra gold viable for farming gold to roll perfect jewelry? Is it worth it making a +gold or +gold/+xp gear set?

17) What's the current max stars you can get from one mode? It was 195 before, but it seems now trying the infinite mode on first planet gives 1 star? It doesn't show on the planet but I counted my stars and the counter was 1 higher than counted after I tried it on normal and before I tried it on heroic, and 2 higher after I also tried it on heroic. Can you five star that level if you get far enough?

18) How much is the chance to get gear and gemstoneas actually increased in normal vs heroic vs legendary? How much more XP do mobs in that mode give? Can they be translated to levels (it seems that heroic is about lvl 90, but not sure) Is it actually known? Is there a point doing farming (gear/gemstones/xp) runs on non-normal?

19) How long is the watch video feature "cooldown"? If you get more than one box, it seems others always give you gold. Can you wait a set amount of time to get a video again, or are they "bust" after you watch 1 video? On that note, is there a set limit per hour you can get (it seems if I play for too long I stop getting them). Is this reset on time basis? It seems if I re-start the game I start getting videos again but I'm not certain. Is that so?

20) Broken dragon's fire breath sometimes deals no damage (it breathes fire, turns its head/fire animation after me, and I'm taking no damage) and sometimes deals damage even if you get far away (most of the time it stops dealing damage if you get far). Is this a known bug?

21) Bosses like Elban or Margoth seem to have this delayed attack, so you can dodge them, I assume this is to create a skill check (if you can reliably dodge their attack you can progress to higher levels). However, sometimes it seems they just strike you immediately and you can't dodge. I mean, sometimes you get a reasonable amount of time from the start of the attack animation (Margoth's sword starts going up) to the time damage is applied to your character (it's usually when his sword is high in the air, right before it starts going down), and sometimes it's immediate (if he gets in range he lands a hit). Is this intended or a bug or something else? Do bosses spawn with random buffs or passives that buff them during fight randomly?

22) Is it known how the CC resistance works on mobs? Does it go up set amount for any application of CC or does it depend on CC duration/type of spell? How many CC applications can you do in a row before a mob is immune?

23) What is the chance on Power Infusion? Is it balanced around attack speed or it set (meaning, does getting more attack speed give you more uptime)?

24) Are Integras Mantle procs individual or does it refresh duration. I mean, if it says "for 10 seconds stacking 5 times", and you get one proc every 2 seconds 4 times in a row, does it mean that the first proc will run out in 2 seconds from now, or does it mean you have a 10 second duration 4-stack now?

25) How is blink image's damage calculated? It seems to be less than my character's damage, yet people seem to say it's a "200% damage boost" so I assume it should be equal to mine?

26) What's the formula for ability rate? It says to have diminishing returns, but the exact formula I couldn't find anywhere. Is there a magic number to aim for (40%?) after which it's a waste to crank it further? Should you aim for lower numbers if you have an Integras Mantle?

Well, that's a lot... Thanks in advance for helping me out!

1) Yes. 4) Yes, perma silence. 5) yes, it applies wherever you are, to any enemies in the circle, not including the enemy making the circle, and when the circle is off the aura is off. Maggie helps with it. In the latest beta it doesn't insta kill you anymore. 6) You read both jewellery guides and still don't get it? Wether you get it or not that's how it works, always keep as little stats as possible for as long as possible, meaning 1 stat on two purples, and 2 stats on the third, or just keep it pure XP. 7) Same question with Frozen trap. It's clearly not a bug. Just make sure you use both blinks at once (and all three traps). 8) Every attack has a chance to take 2 seconds off of your cooldowns. 9) It stops pulling them away since everything is slowed. 10) Yes, compare is broken for a couple things, like Shields, set bonuses, and living or named items. 11) Yes, it's there to make it harder to get good gear. 12) Yes it's a bug, which I'm pretty sure stopped on the newest version. 13) No, but there are threads with people sharing their personal experiences. It totally depends on how much +XP gear you have. 14) Yes, they actually give XP. (The XP needed to level up is much more than 500 so you don't usually notice it) Personally I leveled my 4 other characters on my third account to level nine a while ago and now they are all at level twelve iirc (I didn't play on them since level nine, so it's obviously from the quests). 15) Yes, you still can. 16) No, don't use +gold. 17) The infinite mode (the gauntlet) gives one star each time you open it (up to five stars per difficulty), even if you die right away. 18) The drop rates are secret (this is debated). Whatever would give you 1xp in normal gives 1.3xp in heroic and 3xp in legendary. They can't be translated to levels. Yes there is a point in farming on higher difficulties, it totally depends on how much dps you have, you should try timing yourself. 19) It's about a minute, and it resets when you close the level. The limit depends on many things, mainly your location, and it's controlled by the ad company, not making fun. 20) It's not a bug. The breath is able to crit, when it does you die if you don't have enough toughness. 21) Parry and Dodge can do this (they sometimes don't, since it's a chance). Bosses do buff themselves during the fight, usually when they are close to dying. 23) More attack speed gets you more uptime. 26) The exact formula is written in the forums. If you have 37% ability rate and a good integralas mantle you're good.

Comment

A few more thoughts...

Originally posted by Hissatsu View Post
      12) Do you get this bug where you click to watch a video and the game freezes, so you have to click back on the device (and you get no gems)? Is this what's fixed in next version?
      I've had this happen once in the newest beta version.

15) Can you still do daily quests "on one character"? It seems people say that's possible but I don't get how to do it? Did they fix this?
      You must accept the request using each separate hero, but then you're free to complete the quests using any hero(es) you want.
      Go back into each hero profile to collect your reward.

16) Is extra gold viable for farming gold to roll perfect jewelry? Is it worth it making a +gold or +gold/+xp gear set?
      Most players don't try for extra gold unless they're high level and trying to craft perfect jewelry (and have already used up the hoards they collected while playing).

17) What's the current max stars you can get from one mode? It was 195 before, but it seems now trying the infinite mode on first planet gives 1 star? It doesn't show on the planet but I counted my stars and the counter was 1 higher than counted after I tried it on normal and before I tried it on heroic, and 2 higher after I also tried it on heroic. Can you five star that level if you get far enough?
      See here:
      Originally posted by heyjude1971 View Post

Story Mode Stars
      The game indicates that 600 Story mode stars are possible, but there are actually only 585 (195 per difficulty level).

To obtain all 585 stars: Fill in all stars in all Story mode areas by completing each area five times at each difficulty level, and also play Area 12 (The Gauntlet) 5 times at each difficulty level. (This area doesn't display stars but they do count.)

There's no additional bonus for earning all stars other than gems, gemstones, gear, gold, and experience you earn along the way, plus that warm/fuzzy feeling you'll get from knowing you did it.

26) What's the formula for ability rate? It says to have diminishing returns, but the exact formula I couldn't find anywhere. Is there a magic number to aim for (40%?) after which it's a waste to crank it further? Should you aim for lower numbers if you have an Integras Mantle?
      See here:
      Originally posted by Schmilo View Post
      Ability rate : Reduces your and your minions' cooldowns by a certain %age. P = AR / (AR + 1000), where P is the cooldown reduction %age, and AR your ability rate score.
      NB : Base attacks have a 25% chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of your spells by 2s
      Last edited by heyjude1971; 08-13-2017, 06:51 AM.
      1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

Fear is a superpower. Fear can make you faster, cleverer and stronger. -Doctor Who

Comment

Thanks for the answers!

2 Humus

On topic of perma silence, is it written anywhere for how long it works? Like, for how long does the enemy stay silent, and does it apply on hit or must it stay in the aura circle to be silenced (so if it moves out is no longer silenced)?

On topic of jewelry, I do get that you should do what the guide says (go single stat), I don't get why it's inconsistent like that, with green-blue (two stats being better overall) with blue->purple (single stats providing way better rings) and purple->legendary (3-stat rings having same budget as 4-stat). I don't get why on blue, 2-stat has way more budget but on legendray, 4-stat has same as 3 (at least that's what people claim). I don't get why if you merge 3 blue rings with bigger total stat sum (two-stat rings) you get a way worse purple than if you merge 3 blue rings with single stats and way less stat sum. Is there any logic?

On topic of CD reduction, the FAQ says 25% chance, does this scale down with increase of AS? Otherwise OP characters with 1k CLs would refresh cooldowns instantly with their attacks?

2 heyjude1971

On topic of CD reduction, I saw that in the FAQ now but it seems a bit off. Does this scale down with increase of AS? Otherwise OP characters with 1k CLs would refresh cooldowns instantly with their attacks?

Comment

Hissatsu Silence is about ten seconds (you can use a stopwatch to check for yourself). It's applied on hit.
          If you read both jewellery threads all the way through (not just the first posts) you'll see all the math and logic.
          heyjude1971 That 25% number is totally off, which is why I didn't write it

Comment

Bump! Still looking for answers to other questions!

Comment

Bump! Still looking for answers to other questions!
              Which ones?

Comment

Hissatsu just wanted to say that while i really REALLY appreciate the detail, organization, and focus in the post (that's my job talking), the fact that it was 26 points stressed me out. 26 is A LOT. Normally, I wouldn'c care about that sort of thing, but so many very focused, detailed (credit: to you) questions made me go "ahhh"

I think Humus nailed it in the post above, asking "which ones". We're all good with the questions; just help us filter and synthesize, so we can respond.
                VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Yes, makes sense. Here's a list of unanswered questions

2) Elban (and other mobs with jump it seems) has a weird bug with jump when you CC him. It seems to most often happen when I use Singularity on him. How it looks like is I just randomly die in a "poof" while he's a mile away. I even see no red damage text. This poof looks like what happens when he lands after a jump. My guess is that he tries to jump, gets cancelled, but the landing effect is not dequeued and is played after a delay the game has calculated when he initiated it. Is that how it works? If so, should I only use Singularity on him after he jumps to avoid it?

3) How do boss abilities work? Are they on cooldown? Most interested in Elban'd Jump and Life drain. Should I expect him to do it every X seconds, and should I expect him to never do it after he did it for X seconds (on cooldown) or can he theoretically do it twice in a row?

7) How exactly does Blink's 2 charges work? First of all it's not documented so I assumed it's a bug at first. Nowhere does it say it has 2 charges. But it does. Question is - how does the cooldown work? I thought it would either be that each charge cooldowns individually (so if you use it rapidly twice, after time listed passes you have 2 charges again) or sequentially (so, same scenario, after time passes you get one charge back and same time has to pass to get your second one back). But neither seem to be the case. When one cools down you see a timer that is neither a full cooldown nor minimal (even if you use both charges in a rapid succession). How does it actually work then?

9) Singularity seems to bug when working with slowed time. If you launch it and then slow time, it seems to stop pulling mobs away (but still damages them). If you launch it while in slow time, it seems to hardly damage anyone, and after normal time resumes, it accelerates (and it's time to live seems to accelerate too, so it gets despawned way faster than it should). Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

20) Broken dragon's fire breath sometimes deals no damage (it breathes fire, turns its head/fire animation after me, and I'm taking no damage) and sometimes deals damage even if you get far away (most of the time it stops dealing damage if you get far). Is this a known bug? No, I'm not talking about it dealing way more damage suddenly (crit). I'm talking about it dealing NO damage even though I'm doing nothing to evade it. And continuing dealing damage even if I got away from it (which normally stops it from dealing damage).

21) Bosses like Elban or Margoth seem to have this delayed kind attack, so you can dodge them (by dodge I mean wait for them to start their attack then move out of their way, not dodge stat). I assume this is to create a skill check (if you can reliably dodge their attack you can progress to higher levels). However, sometimes it seems they just strike you immediately and you can't dodge their attack. I mean, sometimes you get a reasonable amount of time from the start of the attack animation (Margoth's sword starts going up) to the time damage is applied to your character (it's usually when his sword is high in the air, right before it starts going down), and sometimes it's immediate (if he gets in range he lands a hit). Is this intended or a bug or something else? Do bosses spawn with random buffs or passives that buff them during fight randomly?

22) Is it known how the CC resistance works on mobs? Does it go up set amount for any application of CC or does it depend on CC duration/type of spell? How many CC applications can you do in a row before a mob is immune?

24) Are Integras Mantle procs individual or does it refresh duration. I mean, assume it says "for 10 seconds stacking 5 times", and you get one proc every 2 seconds 4 times in a row, does it mean that the first proc will run out in 2 seconds from now, or does it mean you have a 10 second duration 4-stack now?

25) How is blink image's damage calculated? It seems to be less than my character's damage, yet people seem to say it's a "200% damage boost" so I assume it should be equal to mine? (I assume they mean 200% since you get two images)

Thanks again!
                  Last edited by Hissatsu; 08-19-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X