This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That reminds me~
    Hello, I'm that one guy whose friend code is VAGI POSA WEME 3316. Feel free to worship me, I won't hold it against you.

War does not decide who is right, it only determines who is left.

FAQ Thread -- Mage & Minions -- Fanbase Wikia

Comment

Stats dropping after level up

It occurs to me that whenever I level up my stats (damage, toughness, recovery) drop a bit... this is really counter-intuitive as in most games you gain stats after level up? Please enlighten me.. Just figured this out today without changing any equipped or abilities. I used to think that armor gets degraded after a while, but hey why the downgrade after level up?

Comment

Because the gear you are wearing is not as good compared to your character level. Thus, wearing level 10 gear while level 10 is good. Wearing level 10 gear while level 11 is not as good and your stats reflect it.
        VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
        Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Check out the stickied thread on this in the "Players Helping Players" section: http://forum.makingfun.com/showthrea...en-leveling-up (where this thread has been merged in).

Comment

I understand that stats decrese when your character level up is a 'feature' of this game
            So provided you dont change your gear at all, now the exact same monster deals more damage to you and you deal less damage to him as you level up? Where's the logic?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Goenawan View Post
              I understand that stats decrese when your character level up is a 'feature' of this game
              So provided you dont change your gear at all, now the exact same monster deals more damage to you and you deal less damage to him as you level up? Where's the logic?
              The logic is that your character should be equipped with gear appropriate for it's level. If it is not, then you are penalized for wearing sub-par gear by the math of the game. The vast majority of the game is played at max level anyway, so this nitpick you are complaining about really only affects your character for a short part of its lifespan.
              VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
              Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

OK...imagine you are level 40

Your damage value tells you what damage you will do against a level 40 enemy.

You level up to level 41 without changing gear.

Your damage value now tells you what damage you will do against a level 41 enemy.

You are doing the same damage, but the game is now telling you what damage you do to a level 41 instead of a level 40.

The level 41 has more Vitality/Armor than the level 40.

You have not lost damage - the game is just comparing you to higher level enemies.

I hope I am correct!

Comment

Originally posted by tickleme View Post
                  [...]

You have not lost damage - the game is just comparing you to higher level enemies.

I hope I am correct!
                  I definetely hope You're correct, too. Otrherwise it'll be a very flawed design...

Comment

Originally posted by M3f View Post
                    I definetely hope You're correct, too. Otrherwise it'll be a very flawed design...
                    Sorry to dash your hope but your stats(or more correctly the benefit you get from your stats) decrease as you level up.
                    LOHE TIHI BEZU 0619

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                      Your life doesn't go down but your toughness does (toughness is a function of life and damage mitigation from armor and other ways to mitigate damage). Since your armor mitigates less damage because you'll encounter tougher monsters, your toughness decreases a bit.

Same for damage: you need more critical rating & power against higher level monsters.

Anyway, once you get to max level your stats will only go up when you acquire better gear.
                      Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
                      Certain stats depend on the monster's level. For example, 10 points of armor would give you ~50% damage reduction against a level 1 monster but way less against a level 60 monster. But, as you level up, you will find higher level gear which gives you more armor points.

The same applies for critical rating: 5 critical rating would give you a high chance to critically hit a low level monster but it won't increase your chance by much against a high level monster.

Some stats don't depend on the monster's level (vitality, attack speed, block/dodge/parry chance)

Hope this makes things clearer in a way.
                      From earlier in this thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X