Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the game get more interesting at higher levels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the game get more interesting at higher levels?

I've been playing this game for about a week now and I really want to like it. There are a lot of things about it that I think are amazing including the lack of pay-to-play, the cross platform support, the ability to play offline, and the general game play is a lot of fun. The graphics are good, the abilities are interesting, and in general it just seems normal done.

But for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to be holding my attention. I currently have a level 14 Mage a level 9 Warrior and just started a bounty hunter. And I am not sure why but it just seems like every level is the same: go through kill everything and get all the treasure. Is that pretty much all there is to the game? There's a story I realize but I'm already one third of the way through it and I've only played a few hours so that's obviously not going to last very long.

I know there are customisation options given the different abilities and so forth. But even so it just still seems like both the story and the trials are the same thing in terms of going through killing everything getting all the treasure and deciding what to keep. I'm also really concerned about how many threads I see on the forums that seem to be about grinding for jewelry or whatever and people saying that only certain builds are viable.

I'm not trolling here as I say I do like the game or I would have just uninstalled it. But does it get more interesting at higher levels? Are there parts of the game I just haven't seen yet?

I also think I read somewhere that they were going to put in multiplayer at some point and maybe that's the thing that's missing that I need to hold my attention because I've sort of gotten used to playing with and against other humans.

Thanks for reading and appreciate your thoughts.

I am a fellow newbie, but I can say with confidence, that at level 14, 9 and 1 characters, you have barely scratched the surface of the game. I can also say that if your interest is already waning, that this is probably not the game for you. Not an insult to you or the game, just that tastes differ.

Personally I have been playing for just under 2 days, love the game and have a warrior at level 45+.

Comment

I mean, it's a standard ARPG. The draw of the game is leveling up, getting better loot, and optimizing yourself so you can kill more stuff faster. If that basic structure doesn't appeal to you, then I doubt anything will change at higher levels.

Comment

Level 45 in 2 days.. wow, maybe I really am in the wrong place hehe. Thanks for the replies. I will stick with it longer (I even bought a gem sub, in part to thank the Developers for having reasonable prices for once compared to other games) and see if it grows on me but I think that without multiplayer it's just going to be too repetitive for me.

Comment

I should say that the trials I have tried so far have definitely been challenging. In fact I have died several times.

I am not sure I really understand what I should be doing here though. The description suggests speed is a factor but I have to pace myself to allow cooldowns to avoid dying. I have been unlocking new trial levels but I don't seem to be getting any special rewards, just regular monster drops. Am I going too slow?

The trials are using up my apples and potions, which I don't really need much for story.

PS I am not sure if this is ideal but so far I have been using the frost nova and blizzard combo. I also keep upgrading skills.
          Last edited by Qeltar; 09-10-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
            I should say that the trials I have tried so far have definitely been challenging. In fact I have died several times.

I am not sure I really understand what I should be doing here though. The description suggests speed is a factor but I have to pace myself to allow cooldowns to avoid dying. I have been unlocking new trial levels but I don't seem to be getting any special rewards, just regular monster drops. Am I going too slow?

The trials are using up my apples and potions, which I don't really need much for story.

PS I am not sure if this is ideal but so far I have been using the frost nova and blizzard combo. I also keep upgrading skills.
            For trials is simple rule - higher trial = higher drop chance (for example for trial 200+ (the best trial for farming gear) if I good remember you have 30+% chance for legendary when you'll kill the boss, 500-40%,1000-50%)
            We can not attain infinity but we can get to it.
            XAZU DIBE MIWU 1759

Comment

As a player who also switches up characters and changes pace for my own sanity, I can say that I'm still here a year later, I have pretty deep characters, but I have tons of space to go yet. I might recommend you read the General Newb Guide. It talks a lot about what things are out there, how they work, etc. There is a section that talks about "what do I do now" - and there are lots of comments about what is sensible to spend gems on - taking the time to pick a basic strategy or two will really help you focus how you manage your resources. otherwise, it's sure a lot to digest.

There's not a "wrong" way to play; but there are ways that are more efficient, focused (on SOMETHING), etc. there's enough variety between the three classes, story vs trial, and abilities/gear that you hsould be able to pick some near term goals to keep you entertained. I would be that would help.

Regarding trials - it doesn't hurt anything if you're going there first - the game is a bit open that way; however, you're not high enough to do a lot of damage. you can level really quickly right now, and you'll outgrow your gear - just bear that in mind; you'll grow your levels faster in story, and you'll get the hang of how to play each hero differently. Also, when you level up from Normal to Heroic, you'll start learning a lot about how to build your characters differently, (if you already haven't started doing that because you're playing trials).

Maybe pick one guy to run with for the next few days, then another, then another. (playing 3 characters at once is hard; you'll probably find that you prefer one or another and then you can run that one first and go to the others as a change of pace).
              VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

The guys have explained the draw of the game very well (as usual). I'll just add:
                This forum is one of the main reasons I'm still playing. I love the game, I love the grind, but it's the forum that keeps me motivated.

Finding someone on the forum who is ahead of you (but not too far) is helpful as well. You can add them to your friends list, check out their gear, and see what they have to say on the forum. Maybe you can even try to catch them!

That being said, it really is a grind. You'll learn to love it or you won't. I wouldn't give up until Level 70 though - that's when things get interesting. Yes, it's the same trials, same enemies, same story mode areas - but they're transformed, and so are you.

Everything moves very slowly at low levels and I think this can make it seem dull if you don't hang with it before things speed up.

Good luck! May the RNG be with you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about playing one character as I have already noticed I prefer playing as a mage even though I've seen some comments that this is apparently not the best way for grinding whatever stuff I need at high levels however I have the most fun with it so I'm going to stick with that. I have been using the Newbie guide and it is quite useful although a little confusing for example I am not sure what to do with my gemstones whether I should put them in items or fuse them or save them for higher levels.

anyway I hope I get into the game more I really like a lot and I honestly haven't found anything else that looks better. is there anywhere to get information about multiplayer as I think that will probably add a new dimension to the game.

Comment

Nothing formal - conversation without dates. It's on the roadmap.

For gemstones, you can socket anything you want, and unsocket - it costs nominal gold. The higher you guys, the more they add. You can't unfuse one you fuse, but that is rarely an issue.
                    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about playing one character as I have already noticed I prefer playing as a mage even though I've seen some comments that this is apparently not the best way for grinding whatever stuff I need at high levels however I have the most fun with it so I'm going to stick with that. I have been using the Newbie guide and it is quite useful although a little confusing for example I am not sure what to do with my gemstones whether I should put them in items or fuse them or save them for higher levels.

anyway I hope I get into the game more I really like a lot and I honestly haven't found anything else that looks better. is there anywhere to get information about multiplayer as I think that will probably add a new dimension to the game.
                      That's the ticket! Do what you enjoy. If you're playing, you're progressing.

It's fine to put any size of gemstones into your socketed gear. It always gives you a boost and you can always remove it later for a little gold.
                      - Then you can fuse it with others of the same type & size to make larger ones or put it into a different piece of gear.

You probably don't want to spend gems adding sockets to gear you're not keeping long-term. I just slip a gem in an open socket here and there on my way to Level 70 -- on gear which already has an open socket.

There's not much info on multiplayer yet. We do know the developers are working on it though.

Comment

Thanks.

Actually my biggest problem with gemstones right now is inventory clogging and tbh the cost for a reasonable amount of inventory is one of my few complaints about this game. You start with less space than any other rpg I have played and half of it is immediately consumed by gemstones. And upgrades are very pricey.

Comment

Thanks.

Actually my biggest problem with gemstones right now is inventory clogging and tbh the cost for a reasonable amount of inventory is one of my few complaints about this game. You start with less space than any other rpg I have played and half of it is immediately consumed by gemstones. And upgrades are very pricey.
                          I haven't bought gems since I started back in April (I do watch a fair amount of Ads) and, whereas I agree with you in that inventory upgrades my come pricey, gathering up the gems is by far easier than in all the freemium games I've played. Also, the ratio gems obtained/expansion prices is also super-neat IMO. Keep on playing and I am positive that you will agree with me.

Comment

Well it takes a long time to get 200 gems and they charge that to just get a pretty modest 24 slots. Given how many get taken up by routine stuff and how small the stacks are I think it is a bit stiff.

Also, I think there is a problem with the 30 day gem thing. When I login in the morning there is no message about it and I am pretty sure that it didn't increase silently. Maybe it is tied to the time of day that I made the purchase?

I also think that it is indeed multiplayer I am missing, having tried another rpg. Hope that comes soon. I haven't given up on this but really, if I am going to play single player there are now ports of full fledged rpgs available.

Comment

Well it takes a long time to get 200 gems and they charge that to just get a pretty modest 24 slots. Given how many get taken up by routine stuff and how small the stacks are I think it is a bit stiff.

Also, I think there is a problem with the 30 day gem thing. When I login in the morning there is no message about it and I am pretty sure that it didn't increase silently. Maybe it is tied to the time of day that I made the purchase?

I also think that it is indeed multiplayer I am missing, having tried another rpg. Hope that comes soon. I haven't given up on this but really, if I am going to play single player there are now ports of full fledged rpgs available.
                              The 30 days gem deal you should get every midnight with daily quests. If you are not getting maybe try to restor purchase or contact with Travis.
                              We can not attain infinity but we can get to it.
                              XAZU DIBE MIWU 1759

Comment

Working...
                              X