Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the game get more interesting at higher levels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
    I have to be honest, as much as I love the concept behind this game, there's not a lot compelling me to play it now that I am not traveling. I started another RPG at the same time and it is an open world with other players, dungeons, a deeper story, also cross-platform, and it's only in beta so I am not 3 years behind everyone else. Also, I can't play Eternium on my main Windows 7 PC which is a major bummer.

I know the developers have plans to address some of the limitations of Eternium, and I do plan to stick with it (and even financially support it) but I cannot see myself spending 5 hours a day grinding gemstones or whatever. If I want to be bored, I can clean my house.
    Do you care to share the name of the other game? I'll likely be a long-term Eternium gal, but a little game variety is nice now & then.
    1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

I generally avoid mentioning the name of Game X on Game Y's forums, it seems a bit tacky. TBH that game is not really "all that" either. I can't really find a "true" RPG with mobile support, and while I could go back to something like Guild Wars 2, I don't really need something that's going to keep me on my butt in a chair any more than I already am.

Hoping I get into Eternium enough to get hooked and that I have a chance when multiplayer comes out without having to grind for hundreds of hours. As I saw in another thread, while "pay to win" can ruin games, I think they can also be ruined by "grind to win," when newer players or those with other commitments can simply never become competitive. But the devs are active here and I'm happy to see what they come up with while I play only occasionally.

Comment

I generally avoid mentioning the name of Game X on Game Y's forums, it seems a bit tacky.
        Feel free. It doesn't bug us any.

Comment

Well that's sporting of you. TBH it's a totally different style of game.

It's called Adventurequest 3D, apparently there was a 2D version of this years ago but I had never heard about it. Anyway it seems like a fairly typical mini Wow clone, and it's pretty limited so far, but we'll see.

Comment

Cool! I didn't think Travis would mind. -When you're awesome you have nothing to worry about.
            Eternium Rules!

I may check that game out sometime. Eternium is the only RPG I've played (aside from FF Tactics on PS1). I consider Wow one of those "new games I haven't taken time to look at yet".
            Is it me or is time itself speeding up each year??
            1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

I've noticed it. Happens when you get old. :/

AQ3D is first person perspective and open world so it's very different from Eternium. I just didn't want to be rude.

Comment

I've noticed it. Happens when you get old. :/

AQ3D is first person perspective and open world so it's very different from Eternium. I just didn't want to be rude.
                It's fine, we are all gamers here. No cool-aid drinking fanboys and fangirls here that will bash you for mentioning other games. Just keep the criticisms and comparisons constructive, not destructive.
                HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I have played/tested/completed(only sometimes) quite a few games including all those mentioned above!
                  Eternium really was meant to be just another temp game to tide me over before the next big release...

But darn it! look what Eternium did to me!!
                  (after joining this forum i am 35% Eternium, 20% other games 45% other life stuff...)

Originally posted by heyjude1971 View Post
                  Cool! I didn't think Travis would mind. -When you're awesome you have nothing to worry about.
                  Eternium Rules!
                  Struggling to play these games co-currently while left hand wielding Eternium grinding on phone:
                  ~Rime (testing out) ~ so pretty...
                  ~Pyre (testing out) ~ makers of Transistor so lovely sound tracks (I just load the game up to play music while doing TBD runs now... )
                  ~Prey (Progress severely slowed due to discovery of Eternium Brave-girl hates Jump-scares... GOO EVERYTHING that might move!)
                  ~Nier: Automata (almost done! but progress severely slowed due to discovery of Eternium also not good at bullet hell stages...)
                  ~Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (installed but not yet started due to low sanity bar)
                  ~Observer (too creepy.. uninstalled after jump scares... '(>,<)")
                  ~XCOM 2: War Of The Chosen (bought but not installed yet... not sure if i need my XCom save files...)

Next co play targets:
                  Middle-earth: Shadow of War
                  kingdom come deliverance (Feb 13)
                  Horizon: Zero Dawn when PC ports
                  Resident Evil 7: Biohazard ( too scary... '(>,<)'' <-- shivering bunny... may skip this altogether ... )
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  While on comparing M&M to other mobile games, I would just like to say:
                  the way Eternium gets revenue is really kinda gangster!

Making profit by making other mobile games pay for it!
                  Every time a mobile game ad drops from box, it reinforces this thought bubble
                  *especially when it has GAME-PLAY DRAMATIZATION tagged on*:
                  "Look at this xyz game! they take players money to spend on ads! and not improving the game or hearing the wishes of it's players!
                  It's largely going to marketing the game! So not doing that again...

I do not stinge on mobile games either...

Highest spending :
                  magic the gathering: puzzle quest: SGD$1742 (USD ~1291.81)Spread over 1.4 year
                  (actually regrets every cent I put here even after making the 5th of the top 9th Coalition.
                  Players were so unhappy with the game and devs we made a REVOTE AGAINST the Devs community protest... where we top 20 Coalitions changed all our Coalition names to along the lines of ~ this game is ~"D3adToUS" so the top Coalition leader board was permanently showing our displeasure. D3 was the company)

2nd runner up:
                  Crusader Quest: SGD$857 (USD ~635.85 ) spread over 13 months (no comment)

3rd runner up:
                  Fallout Shelter: SGD$ 497 (USD ~368.75 ) spread over 5 months (actually just wanted to tell Bethesda's how much I liked fallout and please make a fallout 5)

List goes on and on....

Eternium: SGD$ 110 (USD ~81.61) it only just begun.... almost 3 months...

(oh shoot, just realized this might discourage normal sane players that free-to-players
                  So... Quick disclaimer... the weeks that I spend the MOST money here were the weeks I progress the LEAST...
                  I spent on gems thinking it would get me ahead... when actually i could have easily gotten all those Gems completely free via ad boxes!

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                  Try a VPN. Ads aren't shown in all parts of the world.
                  Recommend you try Singapore if using VPN! the ads are literally targeting us! I get around 30 types of ads each day! i think the view limit per type of ad is around 10?
                  some days can almost farm ~600-800 gems just with 100 daily + 100 quest + 30 random from drops i think... and the rest purly from ad boxes!)

By this dishonorable ranking bunny is just almost a basic Asian gamer...

http://www.asiaone.com/digital/spore...penders-region
                  We grew a little spending lead since then...
                  https://newzoo.com/insights/articles...ile-taking-42/

With this experiences in mind, I have to say Eternium in game economy is still the best I have encounter so far!
                  (disclaimer: yes I encounter games that use ads as main source... but the incentives in-game were always so close to nothing!)

Very willing to stay if game continues like so...

P.s. : please don't lay the hate on me for being a pay-to-play-er... my gentle heart can't take it...
                  Please don't call me mean names like "Whale" cos that implies you think i'm fat ! "penguin" or "seal" is acceptable though... the bunnies of the sea! I just lack much skill... This are just one bunny's personal reflection and comments... please don't be mad in any way... if offended please accept my apologies.

Sorry for long post,
                  Hear ish an Asian potato gamer:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	asian potatoe.jpg Views:	1 Size:	10.5 KB ID:	66922
                  Last edited by Nightlyric; 09-19-2017, 02:08 PM.
                  Self-cleaning Bunny...
                  If my post don't make me smile on re-read...
                  *poof!*~~ It's gone... (In my mouth it goes!)
                  ~om~nom~nom~nom...
                  Making the world a funny place~ one bunny-pellet at a time~

Comment

Well in the three days since I posted that I have almost reached level 70 in Eternium and haven't even played AQ3D.

I'm pretty sure I know why. Both games right now consist mostly of grinding. But Eternium just does it better. There are cooler weapons to be found, cooler tough levels to contemplate tackling.

And even though AQ3D has a built-in social system (chat, parties, etc.) I find the community overall is very quiet while this one has grown on me in the forums.

I know how I am and I know that eventually I am going to get bored of running the same trials and story levels over and over, but for now I'm enjoying it and I am hoping new stuff will be out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlyric View Post

<SNIP>

Please don't call me mean names like "Whale" cos that implies you think i'm fat ! "penguin" or "seal" is acceptable though... the bunnies of the sea! I just lack much skill... This are just one bunny's personal reflection and comments... please don't be mad in any way... if offended please accept my apologies.

<SNIP>

Sorry for long post,
                      err...how about thin-challenged bunny?

No need to apologise for your long posts, I love them!

Comment

Originally posted by AllAboard View Post

err...how about thin-challenged bunny?

No need to apologise for your long posts, I love them!
                        I prefer the term "horizontally-below-average"

okey I lied... I am a little squishy... 29 - 34 - 37 ...

~ yay for friendly forum!
                        Self-cleaning Bunny...
                        If my post don't make me smile on re-read...
                        *poof!*~~ It's gone... (In my mouth it goes!)
                        ~om~nom~nom~nom...
                        Making the world a funny place~ one bunny-pellet at a time~

Comment

Yeah it's a mage. I've tried the warrior but prefer the mage, at least for now. I usually like that playstyle, though glancing through abilities, it seems this game provides a balance of options (AoR, CC, etc.) for all three classes.

Also, being able to keep progressing holds my interest more, I don't want to replay all the levels just yet.

The shield I found has really made all the difference. But it's level 16 so eventually I will probably have to give it up.

I'm having to switch between story and trials as the trials are more challenging and give better loot but I don't want to make the story chapters too easy.
                          I have a shield that provides a bubble too, but I found it at around lvl 45.
                          The shield is awesome, and I was in the same boat as you, don't want to give it up
                          So, now I am thinking it reappears at different levels? Or is mine different?

mine procs on blocking so I use it on my warrior.

Can anyone provide info about where or how this shield is acquired? Are there lvl 70 versions? Thanks!

Mine is called "Encrypted Shield", level 44 epic, "You have a 38% chance to gain a protective shield when blocking"

Comment

The Encrypted Shield is one of the named items that can drop randomly anywhere in the game at any level. Farm enough at 70 and you'll see a few of level 70 ones drop. The % chance to gain a shield is variable, but I think yours rolled pretty high.

Comment

Working...
                            X