Beginners Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners Tips

Hey everyone I have been playing eternium for a few days and a few questions.
    Firstly ​​should I save up all my gemstones until I get lvl 70 gear?
    Secondly what are the best abilities for a warrior to use?

It does not cost anything to socket or unsocket a gemstone in an piece of equipment that has an open socket. So you can add a red gemstone, then when you're ready to upgrade to a new piece, just unsocket the gemstone and equipment the new piece. I would recommend against adding sockets to low level gear since it will quickly become obsolete as you gain levels, but just putting a gemstone into a piece that already has a socket is free and free to undo. I'll let someone more experienced comment on abilities.

EDIT: As noted by heyjude1971 socketing does cost gold. Gold is so freely available it just didn't stick in my mind as having any value.
    Last edited by adjacentengels; 10-12-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I does cost gold to add & remove gemstones from gear, but gold is mostly an expendable commodity - so I also recommend using gemstones in any gear which already has a socket and switching it around as needed. I don't add a socket to a piece unless it's Legendary Level 70 and I plan to keep it for awhile (adding a socket costs gems).

As for saving your gemstones, most people spend quite a few of them on their way to Level 70.

These are my recommendations (from the Newb guide):
      1. Open more hero slots (see the Do heading above)
      2. Open more hero ability slots
      3. Open additional hero ability charging slot (I recommend a second charging slot for 1st hero only [unless you're in a hurry to level up your abilities]). Once all abilities are at Level 10, charging slots are no longer useful.)
      4. Purchase minions from the store (as needed). [See Companions (Minions) section above.]
      5. Open more hero inventory slots (Open as needed. Usually there's no need to save a lot of low level gear.)
      6. Open more hero stash space (See 'Stash' heading below.)
      7. Reforging gear (only for good, Level 70 gear)
      The best warrior abilities depend on hero level, play style/preferences, objective (story mode vs trials, grinding vs pushing Trials, etc.), and whether or not you're in the closed beta version. (Abilities and bosses are different in the beta.)

Battle Rage is great. Other favorites of mine: Deadly Throw, Devastate, Shockwave, In The Zone, Power Infusion. Fleet Footed is always helpful if you don't have much movement gear.
      1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

Originally posted by heyjude1971 View Post
        As for saving your gemstones, most people spend quite a few of them on their way to Level 70.

These are my recommendations (from the Newb guide)
        Aren't those recommendations for spending gems, as opposed to gemstones?

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
          Aren't those recommendations for spending gems, as opposed to gemstones?
          Right you are. Sorry - newb mistake...

I'm not crafting jewelry socketed with gemstones I'm I'm ready to get serious with some near-perfects which are fused with socketed brilliants. Until then I use them only in sockets.
          Some players do choose to create mid-range jewelry with lesser stones.
          1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

Working...
          X