Gearing up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing up!

I am currently in the process of trying to get a "good" gear for my mage, through the combination of running trials and crafting. My main issue at the moment is weapons

I saw on a different thread:
    Coolness factor, that's pretty much it.

Main differences:

Mace: "Tightest", most consistent damage due to the min/max damage being so close.
    Mace MAX: 1335 - 1459
    Sword: "Slightly" larger gap between min/max damage, but also higher crits.
    Sword MAX: 1242 - 1552
    Axe: "Large" gap between min/max damage, but also the highest crit damage.
    Axe MAX: 997 - 1797

They all even out to one degree or another, but many favor Maces due to their consistent damage and crit numbers. Personally, I like Axes and Swords because they simply look cooler, but that is simply relative to what your tastes are.

But couldn't find anywhere about Staff's/Named weapons.

Is there any "real" difference? I've been focusing on Mace's for my Warrior and didn't know if I should do same for Mage as I don't know the "value" of a Staff.

I also currently have a Legendary Elban's Mace which is 8.6% less damage than a random Legendary staff I got, Is the 27% chance to summon a skeleton more, less or equal to 8.6% damage?

With attack speeds of what, 5+ per second, it seems hard to believe that the "gap" between minimum and maximum damage matters for anything, much less a boss you have to pound on for multiple minutes. Mathematically it would average out extremely quickly with those rates and durations.

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
      With attack speeds of what, 5+ per second, it seems hard to believe that the "gap" between minimum and maximum damage matters for anything, much less a boss you have to pound on for multiple minutes. Mathematically it would average out extremely quickly with those rates and durations.
      On the boss, sure. On non-elite mobs, generally, you'll have a more consistent clearing time (and less chance of damage overkill) with Maces.

But, with present Trials and even non-elite mobs requiring multiple hits to go down, I agree it's less of a difference than it once was.

(I use a Staff on my Mage. Because it has decent avg dmg and it looks darn spiffing)

Comment

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
        I didn't know if it made a difference, mathematically it would average out over X hits (CBA to do that maths atm) but in terms of min/maxing damage (overkill as Jose states) makes a difference. Knowing your damage output can make a difference if you are aiming for leaderboards (not a substantial but enough that it can matter.)

The other part is the Named items - Elban's Scepter being the example - how much damage are the skeletons, what do they equate over a single trial etc.

EDIT - As an example - my most recent trial run reads:

Singularity - 148.55M
        Arc Lightning - 108.03M
        Arcane Bolts - 90.63M
        Blizzard - 56.05M
        Mirror (Arcane Bolts) - 11.98M
        Mirror (Arc Lightning) - 6.60M
        Total - 427.09M

This leaves 5.25M damage that can be equated to the Elban's Scepter/Necronomicon Special
        Last edited by Ashnu; 10-12-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

How do you get set pieces? I am stuck on trial 64 with my mage, I have tried re-running 63 what feels like a thousand times and I never seem to get set pieces. It's starting to feel like I've hit a wall that I can not pass as (I admit I make some mistakes but still) my gear isn't good enough and I don't seem to be getting gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnu View Post
            How do you get set pieces? I am stuck on trial 64 with my mage, I have tried re-running 63 what feels like a thousand times and I never seem to get set pieces. It's starting to feel like I've hit a wall that I can not pass as (I admit I make some mistakes but still) my gear isn't good enough and I don't seem to be getting gear.
            leave your RANDOM SET CHESTS to your mage, they provide apprentices.

assume that you are in the beta
            Keep playing current (or lower) trial for XP and gemstones and improve your skill, you should be able to play trial 80 after crafting your 1st perfect jewelry. At that level sets are more likely to drop.
            For Gold And Glory

ZUSE MEQE ZUSI 8285

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post

leave your RANDOM SET CHESTS to your mage, they provide apprentices.

assume that you are in the beta
              Keep playing current (or lower) trial for XP and gemstones and improve your skill, you should be able to play trial 80 after crafting your 1st perfect jewelry. At that level sets are more likely to drop.
              I am indeed in Beta, I have 4 piece apprentice but it's all epic gear so the stats are blergh as I won't reforge epics

Comment

I broke my tablet so I had to start over on my phone. Recently got mine updated to info on my tablet butt I started back at level 106 so I'm having to make my gear again. What is every one focasing on stats?

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant View Post
                  I broke my tablet so I had to start over on my phone. Recently got mine updated to info on my tablet butt I started back at level 106 so I'm having to make my gear again. What is every one focasing on stats?
                  Check the leaderboards

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnu View Post

I am indeed in Beta, I have 4 piece apprentice but it's all epic gear so the stats are blergh as I won't reforge epics
                    there was a report in another post, the set chests reward had been changed to adventures......
                    For Gold And Glory

ZUSE MEQE ZUSI 8285

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post

there was a report in another post, the set chests reward had been changed to adventures......
                      Well that's kinda lame

Comment

Working...
                      X