Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Graph] Gemstone farming comparison. With drop boosters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Graph] Gemstone farming comparison. With drop boosters.

Today on Discord Dyoma sent a screenshot from a guy from the Russian forums (Denis), showing how many gemstones he managed to farm at Severed Mountain within the 30 min duration of a 400% gemstone drop booster (75 gems cost at the shop). Shortly after, 123Klutz shared one of himself. The figures were impressive on it's own, but I decided to run an extra sample myself, this time using a 200% booster (25 gems). Before reading the graph, bear in mind the following.
    • As aforementioned, both Denis and Klutz used 400% boosters, whereas I was using a 200% booster. All three using one single booster (so 30 min effective runs).
    • Denis and myself did the runs on the Windows 10 client. Klutz was playing on touchscreen.
    • All three used a Bounty Hunter.
    • 123Klutz did his runs on Legendary, me in Heroic (200%) and Normal (400%) and Denis in Normal.
    So, here it comes down to the numbers.
    Average Brilliants Total brilliants Total Rough
    Denis 1.58 9.49 2306
    123Klutz 1.34 8.05 1956
    hades0505(200%) 0.89 5.34 1298
    hades0505(400%) 1.73 10.40 2527
    hades0505(400%)7th Test 2.29 13.72 3334
    Chart 1: Sorted by gem type. hades0505 using a 200% booster.

Chart 2: Sorted by gem type. Hades0505 using a 400% gemstone booster.

Chart 3: Results Grouped by User instead of by gem type.

Here a demonstration; which motivated me to do the spreadsheet in the first place. Kudos to @Dyoma

UPDATE (19/12/2017)

After 7 tests using the 75 gems booster on Severed Mountain (Normal difficulty), I have seen how my yields improved with every test. The best I've done so far (3334 roughs) was after Jose Sarmento gave me a tip yesterday: Right after clicking on the button to start game and while the screen is still black, click on the upper right corner (where the mini-map is placed). That makes you start with the mini-map maximized and the counter stopped, as well as letting you decide whether you want to keep on with the run or not. Here are 2 snaps of the outcome of that last test.

Last edited by hades0505; 01-07-2018, 12:16 PM.

He played on normal.
    King of Android play
    NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoma View Post
      He played on normal.
      Thanks, I've already edited the OP.

Bottom-line is, difficulty has no influence whatsoever in the amount of gemstones dropped. Just farm the one where you can oneshot Magroth.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post

Thanks, I've already edited the OP.

Bottom-line is, difficulty has no influence whatsoever in the amount of gemstones dropped. Just farm the one where you can oneshot Magroth.
        And yeah, he made 350 runs per one booster.
        King of Android play
        NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

i tried now with %400 in severed mountain. its really bad place for farming. one run only one common or two rough. sometime two common. i think broken dragon is still best place for gem farming. in normal dif. one run = one minute and one run result; (with %400)

Comment

Originally posted by Nazcal View Post
            i tried now with %400 in severed mountain. its really bad place for farming. one run only one common or two rough. sometime two common. i think broken dragon is still best place for gem farming. in normal dif. one run = one minute and one run result; (with %400)
            in severed mountain, you have to kill magroth and not let him escape to get the gems
            24th September 2017

Comment

one minute = 45 rough. 30 minutes = 30 run. 45x30= 1350

350 run = (for one common) = 1050 and sometimes magroth does not spawn. because mission start at end point.

Comment

Originally posted by giecomo View Post

in severed mountain, you have to kill magroth and not let him escape to get the gems
                it change everything. i tried and he give two common three rough = 9

hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Nazcal View Post
                  one minute = 45 rough. 30 minutes = 30 run. 45x30= 1350

350 run = (for one common) = 1050 and sometimes magroth does not spawn. because mission start at end point.
                  If he doesn't spawn, just hit the inventory button (press escape if playing on pc) and abandon. You miss a second from the booster, tops. You do need to kill Magroth.

TBD is way inferior in comparison. I recall getting 548 and 560ish total roughs on TBD in around 28 runs, with 200% booster. That's less than half than what I got at Severed Mountain.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Very useful.

Looks like the gemstone bag is due for a buff (even with the play-time consideration). Spent about 14k gems on them over the past year (all pre-booster, of course). Kept records, and averaged .7469 brilliant per bag for 144 bags. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by osoviejo View Post
                      Thanks for posting this. Very useful.

Looks like the gemstone bag is due for a buff (even with the play-time consideration). Spent about 14k gems on them over the past year (all pre-booster, of course). Kept records, and averaged .7469 brilliant per bag for 144 bags. Yikes.
                      Red did mention a couple of times that they are planning on boosting the prices you from gemstone bags.

Comment

So on these runs do you just run straight for the boss and abandon after the kill, or are you clearing trash?
                        Last edited by ponzLL; 11-25-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ponzLL View Post
                          So on these runs do you just run straight for the boss and abandon after the kill, or are you clearing trash?
                          The most of them you will spawn at a point where the only available target is Magroth. The rare runs where you appear in the very beginning, you can choose to kill trash or leave it. I do kill it cause it usually means extra 2-3 gemstones.

Yet, the gross of the loot is from Magroth. About 95% of it, if not more.

Comment

Weird, the 15 or so runs I've done so far I started at the beginning every single time.

Comment

The random starts are triggered after some number of runs. Don't know the specifics.

Comment

Working...
                              X