Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Graph] Gemstone farming comparison. With drop boosters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coda View Post
    Darn it, I clicked "Private" by mistake. I changed it to "Unlisted". Please try again.
    Video works now. Maybe when a frozen body is destroyed it doesn't have the long, drawn-out agony of death animation.

Comment

• strut v 900 Did you delete the thread where you posted your own "guide" to your method for farming gemstones from SM? I can't find it any more.

Also, what's the deal with this... ?
      Visitor message from strut v 900

strut v 900 posted a Visitor Message for Adrian (Developer)
      12-12-2017, 01:00 PM
      Hey Adrian... Apparently my account has some kind thing going on with it, looks like I hacked or something? I have no idea, this is what travis said, but he didn't know... all I know is that when i log to log in and click on skills it closes the app... All my accounts were recently hacked an di lost a bunch of stuff and i can't play eternium.. -.-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strut msg.png
Views:	1
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	79896
      Last edited by Coda; 01-04-2018, 06:34 PM.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile

Comment

strut v 900 Did you delete the thread where you posted your own "guide" to your method for farming gemstones from SM? I can't find it any more.
        The guide he posted was farming TBD not SM (which is why he got so much flak) but I also don't see it.

Anyway, I did a few runs with the Mage again. When I tried using Blink, Magroth almost always escaped, maybe because my mirror image was attacking him before Nova could freeze him. For the recording I just walked to him. Twice he escaped rather than died. Once I noticed Blizzard didn't kill him right away but he was still frozen; I used a standard attack to kill him that time (last run in the video). That was the only run I used a normal attack on him. With practice I think the results could be improved so he dies more consistently, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Blink. If I can't get Blink to work then I don't see this having any chance of competing with BH since mages run so much slower.

I was not focused on efficiency so walk / run / reload times are not optimal. I just wanted to show the general process and results.

Last edited by adjacentengels; 01-04-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
          The guide he posted was farming TBD not SM (which is why he got so much flak) but I also don't see it.

Anyway, I did a few runs with the Mage again. When I tried using Blink, Magroth almost always escaped, maybe because my mirror image was attacking him before Nova could freeze him. For the recording I just walked to him. Twice he escaped rather than died. Once I noticed Blizzard didn't kill him right away but he was still frozen; I used a standard attack to kill him that time (last run in the video). That was the only run I used a normal attack on him. With practice I think the results could be improved so he dies more consistently, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Blink. If I can't get Blink to work then I don't see this having any chance of competing with BH since mages run so much slower.

I was not focused on efficiency so walk / run / reload times are not optimal. I just wanted to show the general process and results.

He posted 2 guides: 1 which was TBD Immolate, and the other one where he claimed to do SM faster than a BH, getting 6000+ gems per booster. Both have been deleted.

interesting results you're getting. Hmm..

Comment

• Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
            He wrote a second one, titled something like "I got it this time".

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
            My vids too -- I wanted to show the kill, not a speed run.

P.S. just pointing out a difference -- your mage is CL~900 and Damage=666k -- about 1/3 the Damage of my vids. Not bragging just pointing it out for clarity as to why it might not work sometimes.

P.P.S. Windows 10 videos :
            https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/h...ure-windows-10
            1. Open the app you want to record.
            2. Press the Windows key and the letter G at the same time to open the "Xbox Game Bar" dialog.

Comment

• Also @adjacentengels,use 'esc' key for quicker pause and abandon.

Come on people we need to show more love to 'esc' key as it can be pretty convenient,at least it is for me and I also recommended its inclusion in newb guide.
              SOXE MURU FAHO 4406

Comment

• Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
                He posted 2 guides: 1 which was TBD Immolate, and the other one where he claimed to do SM faster than a BH, getting 6000+ gems per booster. Both have been deleted.
                Originally posted by Coda View Post
                He wrote a second one, titled something like "I got it this time".
                Ah; now I remember.

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                P.P.S. Windows 10 videos :
                I tried that first but it didn't work; may not have the App installed (used my work laptop and their image may remove some standard Win 10 apps).

Originally posted by Primus View Post
                Also @adjacentengels,use 'esc' key for quicker pause and abandon.
                I've only used PC for a couple of days; been on mobile only so I'm still getting used to PC features. If I do a serious farming session I'll try to get more used to Esc key.

Comment

• He deleted his own guides. The visitor message from the 12th (I'm not sure why he simply posted it on Adrian's profile instead of sending him a PM) was about some bug mix-up. He had some legitimately corrupted data that Adrian had to fix. When we were trying to figure out what caused it, I told him that if it was found that he had been hacking, there would be consequences, so he was scrambling trying to figure out how he "got hacked".

Comment

strut v 900 for a fairly new player you must already have achieved a very high level. Good job. Where's your mage on the leaderboard ?
                    Hey man,

I succeed about 95% of the time with frost nova and blizzard. But there is a trick to making it happen and most people would not understand if they do not do it a TON.

I can explain.

Blizzard does ticking damage starting the very moment that blizzard is cast. Same with frost beam. So if you cast frost nova and immediately smash frost beam or blizzard, the initial tick of beam/blizzard will do damage BEFORE frost nova freeze goes off and cause him to dissappear. If you press frost nova and then wait half a second to cast blizzard it one shots - every, single time. The only time I fail is when i mis click or use the abilities in the wrong order.

It would be harder than BH.

Also I've played this game for a long, long time.. lol.. Where did you get that I was new? Maybe new to the forums XD but not to the game nice to meet you btw. IF you have any other questions about this method please pm me.

Also I just did a run last night before bed, it took me 48 minutes to use the entire boosted and I created 3314 gems.

If someone wants to re-create my results we can sit in discord and chat about how to optimize this.

Also that was some kind of glitch where my clicking the skills tab wold cause my game to crash. When i msg'd the dev's and travis about it, he said that kind of server thing happens when people hack, I've never hacked, don't know how to, but I did lose a bunch of my other accounts (d3, wow, runescape and league of legends) all within 2 days to a hacker, all my pw's were changed and my runescape accounts were banned for cheating as well. So I thought it happened to eternium as well. That's where that message came from
                    Last edited by strut v 900; 01-04-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primus View Post

Its not like we have not been able to one-shot,but we have been able to do it in small minority of our runs.The problem is blizzard does not freeze him instantly most of the time and Magroth just disappears as a result,so no question of frost beam in this case.
                      If he is frozen however,then frost beam has a chance,though if you don't have quick reflexes and precision then you may still not be able to kill him.All in all,I don't think it is possible to one-shot with mage consistently enough to justify the tedious process.I believe BH with its one-shot ability and swiftness is best character to do it,and if you don't have a BH(being a new player or something),then use warrior with enough damage and if you only have mage then TBD is the only way to go.
                      I can reproduce the results anytime for you. I can easily compete with a bh in % of time killed. I succeed about 95% of the time and I KNOW beforehand when i have failed to kill him because i can feel when i've used the abilities in the wrong order.

Comment

• I deleted the guides because the information was wrong. SM is far better for mages than BD. Hands down I'm getting 3-4x as many gems per booster there.. How would I go about recording a video you guys seem shocked by these results I'm getting and it's confusing me.

I made a mistake in caculation which I realized later on after I did a recount of my remaining boosters. I was averaging 3100 per boost, not 6000. However I made a ton of mistakes on those boosts and I think I could get higher, maybe 3400-3500.

Comment

• Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post

I can reproduce the results anytime for you. I can easily compete with a bh in % of time killed. I succeed about 95% of the time and I KNOW beforehand when i have failed to kill him because i can feel when i've used the abilities in the wrong order.
                          Some people above have done that for you,thank them.It would still interest me whether this method can actually equal a BH collection,but your method is pretty good nonetheless as players who only have mage need not build up a BH just for SM and still get good results.Good work bro.
                          SOXE MURU FAHO 4406

Comment

• Originally posted by Primus View Post

Some people above have done that for you,thank them.It would still interest me whether this method can actually equal a BH collection,but your method is pretty good nonetheless as players who only have mage need not build up a BH just for SM and still get good results.Good work bro.

Thanks man thats why I made so many guides. I'm usually VERY good at optimizing grinds in games and I was confused as to how people were getting so much and didn't want to roll a BH XD so I'm really glad I could help out.

Comment

• BH can run SM-gemstones easily, way earlier (lower level) than mage. No contest or debate there.

Anyone down for a contest between same massively high level mage, and massively high level BH?

Comment

• But my BH can one shot magroth without using any abilities so that seems to be fastest (I've only done the booster sm thing once, I don't play that much a day in general).

Comment

Working...
                                X