You need better than stormblade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need better than stormblade

I love stormblade and I'm very hesitant to get rid of it but I'm at level 56 now and there must be something better. My biggest hang-up is getting rid of the chain lightning. I've always loved that feature and games. I don't seem to be getting out of here stronger weapons as of yet is there anything I can do? Or any level that I need to reach to get a better sword? I am a mage by the way

Stormblade tops out around level 70 and stops growing. Don't know what build you are using (Mage/Warrior) but getting gear ramped up to Legendary helps (Apprentice set in Mage when full up gives you access in auto immolate). Get a good weapon and watch what comes by.

Comment

Stormblade will serve you well until you get to level 70 and probably for a little while longer; it grows with you so when you level up its stats improve. It maxes at level 70. Eventually you will find better weapons as you grind trials, but you probably won't right away (maybe you'll be lucky, though).

If you find something you think is better, go ahead and try it out and see if you like it.
      Last edited by adjacentengels; 01-12-2018, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Replacing it is the easy part as you level up. The hard part is to summon up the courage to sell it. Mine still occupies a slot in the stash, for sentimental reasons

Comment

Originally posted by xaeiou View Post
          Replacing it is the easy part as you level up. The hard part is to summon up the courage to sell it. Mine still occupies a slot in the stash, for sentimental reasons
          Lol, you can't sell it. I'm assuming you're joking.

Comment

You can only get rid of it by adding it to a hero's inventory (or equipping it), then deleting the hero.

Comment

Just keep it around in case you want to level another Warrior or mage. The chain lightning is ridiculously powerful at low levels. It's also ridiculously powerful all the time until you get to later later stages when it starts to fade out a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                Lol, you can't sell it. I'm assuming you're joking.
                It's with great embarrassment I must admit I wasn't, although I wish I'd known and thought of the joke.

It's telling that I haven't even tried to sell it, or even looked in its general direction after I press the sell button. Nor even un-socketed it! Did I mention the sentimental attachment? Look at it tucked down there in the corner, bless its heart

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	80973

Comment

It's with great embarrassment I must admit I wasn't, although I wish I'd known and thought of the joke.

It's telling that I haven't even tried to sell it, or even looked in its general direction after I press the sell button. Nor even un-socketed it! Did I mention the sentimental attachment? Look at it tucked down there in the corner, bless its heart

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	80973

It looks so happy in the corner!

ps.. why do you keep so many potions in shared stash?

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

It looks so happy in the corner!

ps.. why do you keep so many potions in shared stash?
                    Dare I say sentimental reasons?

Haha No...the reason is I've only really been trialing one mage and one BH. The other hero's I basically stopped at 70, so I haven't really been short of stash space and motivated to delete them.

As I'm getting more into ring crafting and keeping sets of gear for different purposes I think that will change. Like most people I only use potions very occasionally, usually in a dicey boss fight when I find myself out of position (attack distance) and getting no LoH. As I progress through higher trials I'm also finding such a mistake is often fatal, and maybe in higher level trials it's always so. Although I do vaguely remember reading somewhere one high level player very occasionally buys potions from the store, though I don't remember the context.

Comment

I reserve 14 slots on whatever character I'm currently running. Two slots are for a full stack of potions and apples. 12 slots for gemstones. (As an aside, I prefer to put these reserved slots at the bottom of the character's backpack, with the potions and apples on the far right of the row just above the gemstones. That approach pretty much guarantees a gap of empty slots between the loot of the run and the reserved slots--just easier for me to process post-run that way.)

Even if I use potions and apples during a run, I almost always pick up sufficient replacements along the way to fully restore the stacks. Occasionally I'll run with a short stack before it gets topped off, but I've never actually run out of either supply during a run. After the run, I sell all surplus.

If buying replacements in the store is a gold concern (you really should never need to do that, in any case), you can pick up several stacks of both potions and apples with an AFK Gauntlet run or two (depending on the capabilities of your character).

Comment

Although I do vaguely remember reading somewhere one high level player very occasionally buys potions from the store, though I don't remember the context.
                        I said that, I was saying they have a use, I even sometimes buy them. I generally don't store them since I can just buy them when I need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                          I said that, I was saying they have a use, I even sometimes buy them. I generally don't store them since I can just buy them when I need them.
                          Ah ok...yeah, so for that reason I figured I'd keep 'em till I need the space. I've sold far more, and probably used much less, than I have left in the stash, but thus far in the trials I don't use them much, basically because they have a cooldown period.

I remember some games I've played in the past you could amass a huge swag of potions and basically gulp your way through any difficult sections, but that's not the case in this game because of the cooldown.

Comment

Working...
                          X