Gemstone drop rate question (TBD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemstone drop rate question (TBD)

Hello, been playing for 2 weeks now on cl 315. I've been running some TBD for gemstones. I just want to ask do gemstones drop more on higher difficulty (heroic and legendary)? Or are they the same on all difficulties? Thanks and nice game we have here

Read Coda article
    Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

Originally posted by Golly View Post
      Hello, been playing for 2 weeks now on cl 315. I've been running some TBD for gemstones. I just want to ask do gemstones drop more on higher difficulty (heroic and legendary)? Or are they the same on all difficulties? Thanks and nice game we have here
      Gemstone drops are the same whether you are playing normal, heroic, or legendary. Because mobs die the fastest on Normal that is the mode used to farm gemstones.
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
        Gemstone drops are the same whether you are playing normal, heroic, or legendary. Because mobs die the fastest on Normal that is the mode used to farm gemstones.
        Does it matter if they're Level 60 ("banal") vs regular Level 70?

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post

Probably.

Comment

LOL, of course

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
              I am not aware of anyone having tested level 60 vs. level 70. Would be glad to receive data from a controlled test.

Please document the following:

> Booster used (presumably the max 200%)
              > Level played (recommended: SoA)
              > Hero class, build (recommended:BH, Assault 4 or 6, Fleetfooted, no minions)
              > Play style/strategy (recommended: "full zerg-style", run directly to kill boss & abandon)
              ~~~ be sure to keep everything as close to "exactly the same" as possible, between level 60 vs. level 70 ~~~

Data to Record -- suggest using screenshots:
              - time spent in-game across the # of runs (the time on the booster, start vs. finish, is best)
              - # rough-equivalent gemstones

Bonus Data to optionally record:
              - # of runs
              - amount of gold (after selling all items collected)
              - gems (not gemSTONES but the IAP gems)

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                I am not aware of anyone having tested level 60 vs. level 70. Would be glad to receive data from a controlled test.
                It may have changed but the last time I tried it the drop rate was much lower

Comment

Plus, in real world time, dropping levels to 60 would slow the process down, since it's a bunch of extra clicks in order to drop the levels to 60 each time you select the level. Each multi-second slowdown adds up to increasing the time necessary to complete a booster. It can add up to well over an hour of extra time for the 15 boosters necessary to gain the 15 brilliants needed for a perfect piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Please document the following:

> Booster used (presumably the max 200%)
                    > Level played (recommended: SoA)
                    > Hero class, build (recommended:BH, Assault 4 or 6, Fleetfooted, no minions)
                    > Play style/strategy (recommended: "full zerg-style", run directly to kill boss & abandon)
                    ~~~ be sure to keep everything as close to "exactly the same" as possible, between level 60 vs. level 70 ~~~

Data to Record -- suggest using screenshots:
                    - time spent in-game across the # of runs (the time on the booster, start vs. finish, is best)
                    - # rough-equivalent gemstones

Bonus Data to optionally record:
                    - # of runs
                    - amount of gold (after selling all items collected)
                    - gems (not gemSTONES but the IAP gems)
                    Can anyone give a rough estimate on how long can it take to farm enough gems for perfect jewelry? I'm only playing for a few days only and haven't yet crafted a single brilliant gemstone, to be honest I haven't even started farming them yet. But I'm just curious does it take weeks, months, or even longer?

Comment

Originally posted by remke View Post

Can anyone give a rough estimate on how long can it take to farm enough gems for perfect jewelry? I'm only playing for a few days only and haven't yet crafted a single brilliant gemstone, to be honest I haven't even started farming them yet. But I'm just curious does it take weeks, months, or even longer?
                      If you spent a week playing TBD (level 16, normal mode) with 200% currency booster running then you would easily have enough for 1 "perfect" piece of jewelry.. although it also depends on how much you play. For me I could spend a week on boosters and have enough for all 3 pieces of jewelry and then some.

Comment

If you spent a week playing TBD (level 16, normal mode) with 200% currency booster running then you would easily have enough for 1 "perfect" piece of jewelry.. although it also depends on how much you play. For me I could spend a week on boosters and have enough for all 3 pieces of jewelry and then some.
                        Thats very helpful, thank you!

I'm guessing TBD is the best level for farming these? I've read a post from someone who calculated the drops but It seemed like he had better gem drop rate on another level but the one thats more boring i think? SM is it?

Also whats the difference between normal, heroic and legendary? If I can 1 shot heroic mobs is it more efficient? Is the drop rate better?

Comment

I'm guessing TBD is the best level for farming these? I've read a post from someone who calculated the drops but It seemed like he had better gem drop rate on another level but the one thats more boring i think? SM is it?
                          Also whats the difference between normal, heroic and legendary? If I can 1 shot heroic mobs is it more efficient? Is the drop rate better?
                          Currently siege of anderhelm is fastest if you go straight to magroth and kill him without killing anything else and abandon after picking up the stones. Sm was fixed, the boss no longer drops anything there.
                          Only run normal, it's faster.

Comment

Thats very helpful, thank you!

Drop rate is the same for all difficulties. TBD is the most Real Life Time efficient over Siege of Anderhelm although it costs more gems to run since it has the least time spent in a loading screen.

Humus Siege of Anderhelm is the most Booster/gem efficient place to farm gemstones.

Comment

Humus Siege of Anderhelm is the most Booster/gem efficient place to farm gemstones.
                              Oh I just assumed you would never farm without a booster

Comment

Working...
                              X