Time to make the XP Jewelry...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to make the XP Jewelry...

Now that I have reached CL600, it has come to my attention that I really need to make a good set of +XP Jewelry to speed the grind from CL62x up to CL1000+

My 6/6 Assault BH is my fastest-moving character, so is the best-suited for the next stage of the grind. While my weapons and set items generally have +XP on it, the jewelry is not good. Previously, I had gone went through the Jewelry guide and made non-XP DPS Jewelry, which was much better than the "slap piles of junk together" that I was previously using.

This time, I'm going to make a full set of XP jewelry to support the grind. Thinking about it, I really should have made it when I was first able to farm Trial 60 in under 3 minutes, and probably when I was able to farm Trial 40 in under 4 minutes, but that's all water under the bridge...

Initial Thought

My original thought was to to make something like this:
    Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
    9 XP (p-rare) 9 XP (p-rare) 9 XP (p-rare)
    9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems)
    5 Power 5 CR 5 AR
    4 CR (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem)
    I had thought to socket extra Haste / Power / CR / AR on the XP items for additional bonus; however, this would have tanked the final XP stat by not using "pure" XP items for the entire fusion, pretty much defeating the entire purpose of making XP rings.

Farming Haste as a primary for every item was overkill and overly specialized, where a broader mix of primary stats would have been better.

This was supposed to leverage the p-XP necklace and all 5 p-rare boxes that I had saved from the ANB event. However, using a p-rare for XP wastes the Gem bonus that you get on a p-rare; p-rare boxes should only be used to make "gem perfect" items that feed a 9-item fuse, not merely "perfect" items, nor a 4- or 5-item fuse.

Current Plan, rev. 4/3

Based on the advice and feedback, I'm now looking to make items using this template:
    • 9 XP
    • 9 "gem perfect" AR / CR / Haste
    • 5 CD
    • 4 remaining Power
    Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
    9 XP 9 XP 9 XP
    9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 AR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems)
    5 CD 5 Power (w/ gem) 5 Power (w/ gems)
    4 Power (w/ gem) 4 CD 4 CD
    The complete set would be equivalent to fusing:
    • 27 XP
    • 9 "gem perfect" Haste
    • 9 "gem perfect" CR
    • 9 "gem perfect" AR
    • 14 Power
    • 13 CD
    While I could possibly swap Power for one of the p-rare stats, I'll get Power from CLs down the line, which is why it's the 4-stat on each item.

rev. 4/3 - In reviewing overall farming plan, it turns out that it's better if I only go 4+4 CD on the XP rings, saving some CD for the DPS rings

Complementary Trial DPS rings

As I will also need a DPS set for pushing Trials, it was suggested to make a pair of 9 CD/9 CR rings. Doing so, I'd use my remaining p-rares for the 9 CR stats, adding AR, Haste and Power for the remaining stats:
    Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
    9 XP 9 CD 9 CD
    9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems)
    5 CD 5 AR (w/ gem) 5 Haste (w/gem)
    4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Haste (w/ gem) 4 AR (w/ gem)
    This would greatly increase CD & CR while still using the XP/CR necklace until I craft a "pure" DPS necklace.

rev. 4/3 - I also flip AR&Haste on a DPS ring to flatten my farming requirements.

References
    1. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...g-fusing-guide
    2. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...-jewelry-guide
    Last edited by GrauGeist; 04-04-2018, 12:57 AM.

Looks wonderful unless you want CD instead of haste

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
      I socket extra Haste / Power / CR / AR on the XP items for additional bonus.
      As noted in response to your post in the other thread, don't do this, you'll lose XP for very little gain.
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Putting it here as well - since I edited the answer a few times, I thinks this is right now... It's the bonus 10% and 20% that boost it, which you want.

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        Edit 2, got the previous wrong, sorry (this is still rough...)

So, if you use 3 Brilliant Ruby & CR with your XP, for example:
        - Rare 1: 54% + 30 Power
        - Rare 2: 54% + 30 CR
        - Rare 3: 54% + 30 Power (no point adding different stat, since Epic can only have 3)

=> Epic: 64.8% XP + 34 Power + 32 CR

=> Legendary: 69.12% XP + (bonus 2.26666... Power + 2.13333... CR)

Versus the 90.9% XP you could have gotten for pure XP without Gemstones
        - Rare: 59.4% (10% bonus over the above)
        - Epic: 85.4% (extra from Rare + another 20% bonus)
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          As noted in response to your post in the other thread, don't do this, you'll lose XP for very little gain.
          Thanks very much, I wasn't aware it would tank the XP so much vs pure stat

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            Looks wonderful unless you want CD instead of haste
            I'll look into maybe making one of the rings 9 XP // 9 CD // 5 CR/4 Power - it'd definitely make it easier to get what I need to fuse!

Comment

I would recommend putting CD as the 5-stat on all three pieces and making AR, CR, and Haste a 9-stat on one piece each. Then fill the 4-stats as you want. Putting CD into the 5/4 branch minimises the loss of it not having a gemstone but putting it on all rings keeps it's contributing high. Spreading out the 9-stat stars spreads out the amount ofogemstones of any particular kind you need to farm.

All in all it will help you craft more easily and keep the jewelry relevant into higher levels.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
                I would recommend putting CD as the 5-stat on all three pieces and making AR, CR, and Haste a 9-stat on one piece each. Then fill the 4-stats as you want. Putting CD into the 5/4 branch minimises the loss of it not having a gemstone but putting it on all rings keeps it's contributing high. Spreading out the 9-stat stars spreads out the amount ofogemstones of any particular kind you need to farm.

All in all it will help you craft more easily and keep the jewelry relevant into higher levels.
                That's really good advice, I'll probably rework the plan along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post

Would it be optimal to spread AR or CR into the 4 stat slot of pieces which do not have AR or CR already as a 9? For example, sticking CR onto the AR and Haste 9 pieces as the 4 stat, and AR onto the CR-9 piece as the 4.

Comment

If I spread AR / CR into the 4 slots, I won't have any Power.

I want to have Haste, Power, AR, CR *and* CD supporting XP, so maybe something more like this:
                    Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
                    9 XP (p-rare) 9 XP (p-rare) 9 XP (p-rare)
                    9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 AR (p-rare, w/ gems)
                    5 CD 5 CD 5 CD
                    4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem)

That would give a grand total of:
                    • 27 XP (3 p-rares)
                    • 15 CD
                    • 12 Power (w/ gems)
                    • 9 Haste (1 p-rare w/ gems)
                    • 9 CR (1 p-rare w/ gems)
                    • 9 AR (1 p-rare w/ gems)
                    That's actually a pretty balanced-looking set.

Comment

In thinking about it further last night, I came to the realization that I was basically throwing away the gemstone bonus if I used the p-rare boxes for XP items. I actually need to save p-rares for 9-stat items that are gem-socketable to maximize the effect of basically getting 3x 90s with 3x gems:
                      Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
                      9 XP 9 XP 9 XP
                      9 Haste (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 AR (p-rare, w/ gems)
                      5 CD 5 CD 5 CD
                      4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem)
                      Whew. That could have been an expensive mistake!

Of course it somewhat increases my farming requirement, but not that much
                      Last edited by GrauGeist; 03-29-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                        In thinking about it further last night, I came to the realization that I was basically throwing away the gemstone bonus if I used the p-rare boxes for XP items.
                        I thought the same when I noticed you using p-rares for xp. It's a LOT of time and energy that you save by using the p-rares for gemstone rings. strut v 900 did the calculations on how long it takes to farm a brilliant gem - I think something like 1.6 hours / brilliant. * 9 = nearly 18 hours of gemstone farming you save by using your p-rares for gemstone rings. That's almost half of a normal workweek of time and life you just got back Congrats!

Comment

Based on the good comments, I've updated my original post to reflect what I think is a much better plan going forward. I really appreciate the comments, as it's helped me avoid making some big mistakes with the p-rare boxes.

Comment

you want:

9x green crit chance rings
                            9x green crit damage rings
                            6x stat
                            3x stat

if you take only 6 crit damage greens or 3, you will lose out on anywhere between 60% and 120% crit damage - no amount of power or haste will replace this damage. It is NOT smart to miss out on the 120% crit damage you can have from 9 green crit damage rings.

For events I used the tears, and my rings turned out just fine. They aren't anywhere near perfect, but they are quite decent for events and early level pushes. and if you make it with tears you can get a full set of mediocre jewelry in like 7-8 hours play time.
                            KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>
                            HERE<<< FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
                              you want:
                              • 9x green crit chance rings
                              • 9x green crit damage rings
                              • 6x stat
                              • 3x stat.
                              Those would be Trial DPS rings, not the XP grind rings I'm currently working on, right?

I would still have 2 p-rare boxes that I'd use for each 9 CR stat, so I could make them depending on just what sort of leftovers I end up with.

Also, I thought 5/4 fusion was better than 6/3?

Or, I suppose could split the difference with XP CD/CR rings like this:
                              Necklace Ring 1 Ring 2
                              9 XP 9 XP 9 XP
                              9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CR (p-rare, w/ gems) 9 CD
                              5 CD 5 CD 5 CR (w/ gem)
                              4 Haste(w/ gem) 4 AR (w/ gem) 4 Power (w/ gem)
                              Last edited by GrauGeist; 03-30-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X