Why Smokescreen? (BH skill)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Smokescreen? (BH skill)

Can someone give me some clarification to why all the top BH's use smokescreen instead of frost trap or missles?

I am currently at TL65 and using frost trap which helps sooooooo much to keep the mobs from swarming me. Does this strategy become obsolete at some point? Is there a point at which I should switch?

The more input the better.

Thanks

SS helps not only by blinding or stunning enemies for a few seconds,which helps you to damage them freely,but also revives your minions,which allows you to have access to a minions ability and supplementing aura almost permanently.

This advantages are way better then any of abilities you mentioned.
    SOXE MURU FAHO 4406

Comment

It also gives you a damage bonus

Comment

Wow minion resurrection, thanks for the info Primus and thank you Guns for bringing it up. I thought it was the 30% dmg boost.
        I used to run frost trap while lvling. Replaced it with rapid fire when my dmg got high enough to not need so much survivability. Been running missiles, snipe, rapid fire for a long time. Rapid fire for 200% CD butt then snipe.
        Guess it's time to try out smoke.

Comment

I didn't run Smoke Screen at first, but I spam it a lot now. Stuffing enemy attacks, rez minions (for auras) *and* give a damage boost - what's not to like?

Comment

No use frost trap...and make sure to out lots of armor on your BH for next ANB event...

Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
            Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
            see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
            and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
            It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
              No use frost trap...and make sure to out lots of armor on your BH for next ANB event...

Yep, and don't use scattershot with assault set either.
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

With BH farming diluted across 4 sets, there's no guarantee of Assault in a future ANB event

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
                  With BH farming diluted across 4 sets, there's no guarantee of Assault in a future ANB event
                  true....but with someone trying for top 25 I'd say there's a good chance. Especially once add the boxes to fill in any missing pieces
                  Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                  Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                  see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                  and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                  It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Really though, next event should have a flatter reward structure. Top 1000 to reduce the "win more" effect

Comment

I guess its up to your playstyle. Using trap allows you to pull more monster and keep them aggro'ed. You doesn't move as much while pummeling the mob, hence smaller maneuvering area needed. At the cost of lower damage bonus. Using SS gives you more damage bonus, but those monster farther away from you often lose their aggro and return back to its spawning point. You also have to move more=larger area needed for maneuvering.

With my Stalker BH, i clear mob faster using trap, but killing bos is faster using ss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigrid View Post
                        I guess its up to your playstyle. Using trap allows you to pull more monster and keep them aggro'ed. You doesn't move as much while pummeling the mob, hence smaller maneuvering area needed. At the cost of lower damage bonus. Using SS gives you more damage bonus, but those monster farther away from you often lose their aggro and return back to its spawning point. You also have to move more=larger area needed for maneuvering.

With my Stalker BH, i clear mob faster using trap, but killing bos is faster using ss.
                        At higher trials (90+) using Frozen Trap is not even an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

Yep, and don't use scattershot with assault set either.
                          Why not?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Skibumwi View Post

Why not?

thanks
                            Because it was sarcasm, same as the quote I had.
                            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                            Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

Because it was sarcasm, same as the quote I had.
                              well.. adding armor to the bh has yield the currently highest mobile assult TL achieved in an ANB event.. (13th, TL 111 in ANB 1).. just as a counter point. Although looking back... adding Vit in place of armor in jewlery would have been more effective.. but Armor wasn't a total waste.

SS and Snipe for short circuiting certain death incoming enemy attack plus a bit of recovery.

Armor/Vit is for your assault BH to face tank the non lethal mob damage (read, non 1HKOs). Only applicable on mobile as you can kite effectively on PC.

oops quoted the wrong post.. should have been Cultusfit "s armor comment post.
                              Last edited by Arionthe; 10-01-2018, 08:05 PM. Reason: wrong quote
                              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                              X