Jewelry Fusing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry Fusing

So, I've got 4 million gold, and have been able to use cubes from the events to craft 2 near-perfect jewel pieces. So, I'm off to hunt down the rest of the jewels I need to make that last one for my XP farmer. Currently, I'm going with Crit Rating/Crit Damage/Haste/Experience. My question is this: Do I hold off for "perfect" values on the uncommon jewelry, or is "close enough" good enough? For instance, Critical Damage. I have yet to see one roll a 60. But I have plenty that are 59-59.9. For experience, I've yet to see a 45, but, again, I have ones ranging 44-44.9. Do I just use those, or hold out for potential 60's and 45's? I guess it's mostly a matter of opinion, but I'm curious as to what major difference those extra points may or may not have on a mostly casual player.

Definitely use close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
      Definitely use close enough
      That's what I was thinking. Also thinking to do Ability Rating insted of Haste, since I can keep stacking haste with CLs, but can't with Ability Rating. 90 Ability Rating jewelry are flying at me like candy.

Comment

Read the Jewelry Guide for the "safe minimum values" you need. It defines exactly what is close enough, since you can never craft a truly perfect uncommon. And you can make your own decisions about "even worse than that" by using the spreadsheet. Anyways, here is a cut & paste:

~~~~~~~~
        3. Due to how the fusing calculation works, unless you're going for the "absolute/exact" max [using awarded perfect rares], these are the "comparable" max to aim for - internal roll of 179, max roll is 180 - already accounted for the in-game rounding:
        • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 90
        • Armor: 180
        • Critical Damage: 59.8%
        • Damage Reflected / Life On Hit: 359
        • Life Regeneration: 72
        • Experience / Extra Gold: 44.8%

4. Alternatively, to point 3, you can mix-and-match Uncommons until you see the following result for the Rare: (without any gemstones)
        • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 118
        • Armor: 236
        • Critical Damage: 78.8%
        • Damage Reflected / Life On Hit: 473
        • Life Regeneration: 95
        • Experience / Extra Gold: 59.1%
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
        ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL117 PC
        ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112
        ~ Ketushi, mage in ANB-beta, TL100 (#1)
        ~ Sache, mage in ANB-1, TL116 (*top 10)
        ~ Etisa, mage in ANB-2, TL110 (top 10)

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          Read the Jewelry Guide for the "safe minimum values" you need. It defines exactly what is close enough, since you can never craft a truly perfect uncommon. And you can make your own decisions about "even worse than that" by using the spreadsheet. Anyways, here is a cut & paste:

~~~~~~~~
          3. Due to how the fusing calculation works, unless you're going for the "absolute/exact" max [using awarded perfect rares], these are the "comparable" max to aim for - internal roll of 179, max roll is 180 - already accounted for the in-game rounding:
          • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 90
          • Armor: 180
          • Critical Damage: 59.8%
          • Damage Reflected / Life On Hit: 359
          • Life Regeneration: 72
          • Experience / Extra Gold: 44.8%

4. Alternatively, to point 3, you can mix-and-match Uncommons until you see the following result for the Rare: (without any gemstones)
          • Ability Rate / Critical Rating / Haste / Power / Vitality: 118
          • Armor: 236
          • Critical Damage: 78.8%
          • Damage Reflected / Life On Hit: 473
          • Life Regeneration: 95
          • Experience / Extra Gold: 59.1%
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~
          I must have missed that part of the guide. Oops. Anyhow, this is what I ended up with (well, Ability Rating will go up just a slight bit more, once I get that last Brilliant for it):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ring.png
Views:	1
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	95756

Comment

Some Unc stats roll higher values more commonly than others, at least from my experience. Haste seemed to roll high 80s and even 90s pretty commonly, for example, whereas Power rarely rolled high 80s and almost never rolled 90s. Same with CR/AR. Some stats also seemed to roll less frequently than others. So whether or not you can afford to hold out for "perfect" depends in part on how the RNG treats you.

I'm in the process of crafting a max Legendary Ring from scratch, and the spread on my Uncs so far after spending only about $500,000 on crafting is (high/low) POW 90/88 (9 rings), AR 90/88 (9), CR 90/89 (5) and LoH 360/353 (4). I had decided my minimum-acceptable for the 90-max stats at 85 and the LoH at 340 and was pleasantly surprised, so I'd figure someone working with $4,000,000 could afford to hold out for 90s or at least set their minimum-acceptable at 88 and not be disappointed.

After reading Than's guide, though, that "absolute max" doesn't seem worth holding out for, at least not when Crafting from scratch. Even once the Leg has been crafted, the difference between 59.9 CD and 60.0 CD at the Unc stage is negligible. The bigger concern is gemstones, which more than make up for the difference between "AM" and "close enough." So if you're the obsessive perfectionist type, then best to just save up your P-Rare boxes from multiple Events until you have enough to skip the Crafting altogether. Otherwise, you'll just be spending time and resources on what will ultimately become an insignificant difference.

Your finished product there looks good, though. Nice beefy AR. ^_^

Comment

Melchiah all uncommons roll the same values, you just happened to get higher of some stats than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
                so far after spending only about $500,000 on crafting
                so I'd figure someone working with $4,000,000 could afford to hold out for 90s or at least set their minimum-acceptable at 88 and not be disappointed.
                You are worse than Rytrik spending $100 per day for gems.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 2........ T121 in 9:22.
                Live LB- XP Mage Rank 24. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here for my game play videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

You are worse than Rytrik spending $100 per day for gems.
                  You'd think that with $500,000 to $4,000,000 spent he would have just BOUGHT Dream Primer and had them give him perfect jewelry....

And fix all the 'bugs' that he's found on Magroth

Oh btw, Melchiah .... Mr Purple Potato just beat Trial 120, which is Magroth. On a mage. While only paying $4/mo. What a mighty paywall he's faced!

Last edited by Rytrik; 04-17-2018, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

You'd think that with $500,000 to $4,000,000 spent he would have just BOUGHT Dream Primer and had them give him perfect jewelry....

And fix all the 'bugs' that he's found on Magroth

Oh btw, Melchiah .... Mr Purple Potato just beat Trial 120, which is Magroth. On a mage. While only paying $4/mo. What a mighty paywall he's faced!
                    And still have yet to use gems bought also
                    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 2........ T121 in 9:22.
                    Live LB- XP Mage Rank 24. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here for my game play videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

And still have yet to use gems bought also
                      Exactly

Also...

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
                      Some Unc stats roll higher values more commonly than others, at least from my experience. Haste seemed to roll high 80s and even 90s pretty commonly, for example, whereas Power rarely rolled high 80s and almost never rolled 90s. Same with CR/AR. Some stats also seemed to roll less frequently than others. So whether or not you can afford to hold out for "perfect" depends in part on how the RNG treats you.
                      None of this is true. At all. During ANB, I was getting 90 Power rings left and right, along with 90 haste rings, and 90 AR & CR rings. Even got a **** ton of 59.0-60% CD rings. It's all pure RNG. They all have the same chance at rolling top values.

Gitgud

Comment

Why do I hear whales and trolls buzzing around off in the distance...? Oh well. *shrug*

Humus, like I said, "in my experience." I didn't start getting 88s to 90s for Power and CR until the very tail end (literally last $50,000 to $75,000) of my most recent crafting spree. Hastes at 88 to 90, on the other hand, were dropping like rain. It worked out well, though, because $500,000 is cheap for what the final product will be. I have zero complaints there.

Rytrik, I wasn't referring to crafting during ANB. I didn't even hold out for max stats during my ANB crafting because I knew I didn't need to do so to get that 1st Cel, which is enough for a cas like me. And as I told Humus above, "in my experience," which is very likely going to be different from yours. So stop salivating over IAPs and try to keep up with the thread, okay? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                        X