STOP! Read before you make jewelry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP! Read before you make jewelry!

Look. I get it you really want to move up.
    you really want more DPS
    You really cant help but think that the ideas posted by the community could be less than perfectly Right.
    Reading those guides are long, complex etc.

So i decided to make a quick post just giving out some info immediately.

1) Do craft legendary Jewelry as soon as you can. It WILL help everyone who gets that "I'm stuck at trial 40 what do i do?!?!?!" usually quite a bit higher.
    a) it's early so feel free to focus in DPS stats (CR, CD, Power, Haste, AR....)
    b) DONT try to use perfect brilliants in everything and get the ultra perfect set right away. Cause it is going to change. Stick with Radiants at MOST. Just the jump in legendary and putting them together right will jump you up. Then you get better gear, more xp (thus CL) etc. And you know what you are going to need? NEW JEWELRY that might not match the stats of ones you have. Imagine making something that gives 300 power....Then you get a full set of some gear. And it has NO LoH, No vitality...but has power on everything. If you die in one hit all the damage you did is healed. You will start loosing trials

2) Do constantly save up for next set.
    As i said you might need make new ones. So between times, save those 90's you have space for and gemstones you get between. Just stock up on important things. Youll want them later.

3) Dont try to go crazy with 2 stat or 3 stat.
    The run down is this: at every fusion there is a bonus for having stat's LESS than the ring can have. So when you fuse you make an epic of one thing, an epic of another and typically an epic made from 2 rares of a stat and one rare another stat. The bonuses get applied at highest value this way.

People tend to get in their heads that having only 3 stats will get you MORE of the other stats. The math HAS been done. You completely cut off a value of about 200 to raise three other stats like 20% (200 x .2 = 40; 40 x 3 = 120; 120 < 200) You then have to make that stat up in another item/jewelry...and then you lost ANY bonus you wouldve gotten

3) Remember lower levels needs are NOT the same as higher levels.
    Right now the DPS ring looks great, works great. But it wont last forever.
    Stats like AR, CR, CD, VIT, that top out in the CL's will need more and more buff from gear, especially as you get more and more power and haste from CL.
    There are pretty standard idea's/ concepts of the minimal around each trial level. From years of experience play etc.

VIT; basically the minimal you can have is what you want. This is effected by play style and ability, mobile vs PC, class, I personally tend to have much higher than those around me cause i'm old an slow
    CD, CR: Many people starting want to try to get this from gear only. Or dont worry to much about it. And you ARE WRONG. There is an actual damage optimizer the community has been using that uses the formulas as known from the DEVS
    https://codepen.io/Rivx/full/VQjebY/
    Using it at lower levels YES it says power and haste because you just dont have enough damage or attacks/second to matter but quickly it tops out CR and CD. Try putting your stats in there with 1800+ CL then keep increasing CR until it tells you to put 99 points. THAT is where your CR increasing would be less important than power or haste. Then do the same with CD. Notice that CR will now need to be HIGHER....so for dps once you have any reasonable damage CR and CD which both are limited in CL and most comes from GEAR are more important than Power or haste.
    AR: when you get stuck, havent asked the community, or refused the advice and are asking why the person with 1/2 your damage is clearing trials above you this is commonly the reason. You need abilities more and more as you get higher to deal damage at a good rate. The higher this is the faster abilities cool down AND the more each hit you make has a chance to further reduce the cool down times. It is also limited by CL so must come from gear.

Feel free to make the DPS jewerly and i would even say if its Made good, has great stats, dont get rid of it. You might end up with drops that lack anything to dps but have plenty of AR and VIT. so you can use it there.
    Plus future characters will be able to make use of it.
    Just remember that there are very clear stats needed at what is currently end game. And a very clear way to get the most of them you can. So save up and plan to change it up.

4) DO make use of the jewelry guides, and the spreedsheet for planning. It will let you know exactly what you are getting.
    As some people cant get to it because it requires a sign in i added it to my google drive "anyone with link can view no sign in" settings
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mp_...ew?usp=sharing
    and short: https://tinyurl.com/EterniumJewelry
    I didn't want it to get messed up so you're gonna have download to make changes but it's there for anyone else of access. I didn't make it. But appreciate those who did.

Coda shared this video: https://youtu.be/EFaYQo9hJ_w
    on how to use the sheet. (I assume coda made the sheet?)

TADA
    Last edited by Cultusfit; 05-06-2018, 08:10 AM.
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Thanks for this good advice.
    Old School Diablo2 pvp player, enjoying Eternium.
    ADD ME: QIGE TIWU DIFE 7334

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
      4) DO make use of the jewelry guides, and the spreedsheet for planning. It will let you know exactly what you are getting.
      As some people cant get to it because it requires a sign in i added it to my google drive "anyone with link can view no sign in" settings
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mp_...ew?usp=sharing
      and short: https://tinyurl.com/EterniumJewelry
      I didn't want it to get messed up so you're gonna have download to make changes but it's there for anyone else of access. I didn't make it. But appreciate those who did.
      You actually don't need to sign in at all - there's the "Direct Download" option, hence the note on it in my signature:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	direct.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	99054
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

You actually don't need to sign in at all - there's the "Direct Download" option, hence the note on it in my signature:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	direct.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	99054
        i didn't have to login for it....I've just had several people say that it wanted them to in discord and stuff (i didn't understand why at all). As I had Down loaded it and was already in my drive from a sync I figured I'd just change the shareable settings and make an easy link. I KNOW they can't complain now and can type that url from memory.
        Problem solved. If it doesn't work it's because they can't figure out Dropbox OR drive now.

Originally posted by GrauGeist
        > 1) Do craft legendary Jewelry as soon as you can.

Actually, don't do that. Craft Epic lv. 70 XP set ASAP. Legendary, should wait
        Really!?!
        Seems by time your 70 you can manage SOME kind of legendary and it seems be the typical advice.
        Def make the epics and soon as you can without making it a total waste finish them up right?
        Don't want just break the bank and waste all the brillants you saved over up something you will replace in 4 trials....but. ..
        yeah you know your way works fine when I think about it. Trials typically aren't won or lost for those few points (let alone that one point that is different from 300 "perfect" vs 301 PERFECT)

Maybe I should've been more clear on when the epics can go to legendary....exactly which gems are the best....
        Naw there are guides.

I mostly just wanted to tell people "shut up and make jewelry and quit arguing.
        The math has been done, you will probably have to make another set any way. And this is was current end game looks like which might now work for you now.

​​​​​​​

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...

Comment

For the resources required, making throwaway 27-part Legendaries is kind of a big waste compared to 9-part Epics. 3-stat Epics also avoid the entire 5/4 question. I have wasted a LOT of resources on Legendary Jewelry, gemstones that I wish I still had, and don't have to re-farm. OTOH, the cost/performance value of the Epics is phenomenal, and easily takes you from 70 to 700.

As we both know that there's not that much performance difference, why shouldn't we tell them to save their gold and gemstones for when they have a better idea of what they really need at CL700? It's not like there's that big of a gap between running Epic XP rings vs Legendary XP rings. And even at CL700, they won't be contesting for top Trials, so it's not like they even need pure DPS rings for another 1,000 CLs.
          I didn't even mean xp rings I was thinking those that get stuck at trial 30-40 and first thing people say is make legendary jewelry.
          typically focus is DPS jewelry at that point. Which is temporary.
          Which is why I said look you'll have make it again don't waste brilliants. Radiants at MOST.

Comment

I did get a error message when i tried to open Coda / Nhat jewelry thingy. i'm not good at computers and did not have time to find out why.What Cultusfit did was open up a way to let me download it, but now i need excell i think. and maybe that was the problem all the time. At least i have come one step closer to use it =) And thanks for all the work you all are doing!

Edit; Now i manage to get to it with docs.google, and i guess this is how it should work. I will look at the video =)
            Last edited by Tessla; 05-07-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

BTW, who did the eternium optimizer?

Comment

Originally posted by Tessla View Post
                BTW, who did the eternium optimizer?
                I'm guessing Rivx as it's first place i see it here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...r-cl-optimizer
                and when people talked to him about problems they were fixed almost right away

Comment

i didn't have to login for it....I've just had several people say that it wanted them to in discord and stuff (i didn't understand why at all). As I had Down loaded it and was already in my drive from a sync I figured I'd just change the shareable settings and make an easy link. I KNOW they can't complain now and can type that url from memory.
                  Problem solved. If it doesn't work it's because they can't figure out Dropbox OR drive now.
                  Thanks for doing the extra upload for others to access, I only received a few mentions of issues with the spreadsheet - most of which were solved after I told them that you need to download it first in order to use it. Briefly joined Discord, but then realised I don't have time to follow the "flood of posts" so I gave up.

I'll let you know if I make an updates to it in the future for you to update your version as well.

Originally posted by Tessla View Post
                  I did get a error message when i tried to open Coda / Nhat jewelry thingy. i'm not good at computers and did not have time to find out why.What Cultusfit did was open up a way to let me download it, but now i need excell i think. and maybe that was the problem all the time. At least i have come one step closer to use it =) And thanks for all the work you all are doing!

Edit; Now i manage to get to it with docs.google, and i guess this is how it should work. I will look at the video =)
                  Yeah, you need something that can open Excel spreadsheets to be able to use it - I created the file using OpenOffice and then saves as "MS Excel 97/2000/XP" format, figured that was the most compatible format for everyone to open. The idea is that you download a copy and test out whatever you want, and if you accidentally mess up something, just re-download a fresh copy and try again.

If you, or anyone else have troubles with the spreadsheet, feel free to post to the Jewelry Crafting Guide Discussions thread, or pm me, and I'll do what I can to help (when I can).
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Sure, people say that, but really, it's OPs not being patient enough to get what they need, to boost abilities and Synergy rating. If we are to really help them, we wouldn't advise them to basically turn a big pile of gemstones and gold into garbage, hence my recommendations
                    What? Are you saying that temporary jewelry is garbage?

Edit: I think making epic jewelry is MORE of a waste compared to legendary.
                    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Making throwaway Legendary jewelry is a waste.

Go read my guide for lv 70 jewelry. It's absolutely not a waste. The cost is almost nothing
                      I've read it if epic jewelry is good, why is legendary not better? It doesn't even cost more than 200k gold for each with bad luck...
                      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

I didn't even mean xp rings I was thinking those that get stuck at trial 30-40 and first thing people say is make legendary jewelry.
                        typically focus is DPS jewelry at that point. Which is temporary.
                        Which is why I said look you'll have make it again don't waste brilliants. Radiants at MOST.
                        Exactly. It's all about progression in stages. You make the temporary Level 70 Leg Jewelry with minimal to zero gemstone investment to get you to the point where you're getting good gear and your character is good enough to get the most from boosted gemstone farming. It's a pretty low bar to reach.

*THEN* you worry about your 27 Brilliants.

Even making decent temp Leg Jewelry on the way to 70 is a cinch, even for a newb. Just gotta have the gold and the patience. It's only a waste if gemstones are invested. Once a player has a clear idea of the max values involved and what it takes to achieve them, they know how to avoid making wasteful decisions.
                        Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
                        Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
                        Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
                        Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

Exactly. It's all about progression in stages. You make the temporary Level 70 Leg Jewelry with minimal to zero gemstone investment to get you to the point where you're getting good gear and your character is good enough to get the most from boosted gemstone farming. It's a pretty low bar to reach.

*THEN* you worry about your 27 Brilliants.

Even making decent temp Leg Jewelry on the way to 70 is a cinch, even for a newb. Just gotta have the gold and the patience. It's only a waste if gemstones are invested. Once a player has a clear idea of the max values involved and what it takes to achieve them, they know how to avoid making wasteful decisions.
                          I agree. At first I burnt many stones. It could have prevented future suffering.

Comment

Working...
                          X