• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game keeps crashing

1.4.8 and 1.4.9

Galaxy s10
    Android 9

i would recommend to exit eternium, go and disconnect your wifi, then manually clear your cache. now i don't mean hit clear cache in your memory... do this, start at phone home screen- apps> settings> device matainance> storage> apps> eternium> storage> clear cache... now exit settings, reconnect your wifi and activate eternium app... you should be fine now.. if not you may have to remove app from phone, and reinstall... as long as you make sure your newest play is saved to the server, i.e. the green dot in the top right corner, you wont loose anything by deleting and reinstalling eternium app... sometimes the phones dont clear all caches when you hit the generic clear cache for all... for some reason i have found that eternium almost always gets no clear when this happens, not sure why... but sure enough, if you hit it to clear all and then go to eternium app storage, you will more than likely find it did not clear properly and must be done manually to only eternium app.. hope this helps
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    -mobile play only-
    bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" -TL 130
    mage arcanist- Shadowiiix -TL 127
    warrior sw- Sabre -TL 123
    gold2 -bh stalker build- Xiiift

Comment

Thanks 13ft shadow! That's actually the way I clear all my apps' data lol. Kinda OCD I guess... I'm not really sure what's causing it. You're right, might be a good idea to delete and re download, especially since it's beta

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
        Thanks 13ft shadow! That's actually the way I clear all my apps' data lol. Kinda OCD I guess... I'm not really sure what's causing it. You're right, might be a good idea to delete and re download, especially since it's beta
        k, so if that doesnt work to delete and reinstall, i have 1 more idea for you that might work... so when i had only my galaxy s7 for years (got it on its us launch) i had some problems throughout the years of using it with it slowly getting choppier and having lots of crashes and marmalade errors... now this worked for me very well and even returned some fps back to my gaming. if this works, or you arent already doing this, then i would recommend periodically doing this to help preserve your cpu in your phone. since it wasnt necessarily designed with heavy gaming in mind (not that ther is anything wrong with using galaxy phones for gaming, ther very solid, well designed phones; just weren't built with heavy gameplay as priority is all) k, so i mentioned this in a post Coda made about heap memory error, a bit ago... so google tabs your searches in actually many places besides your cookies and google search bar that remembers lol... you have to delete all separate stores (independent of each other, 1 doesn't affect the other) this can wreak havoc on a phones cpu, especially when you use it for heavy/moderate gaming as well... obviously ther is the search bar, nxt ther is on your google home page, if you click more tab in the bottom right corner; it will take you to a google actions page and the first item at the top should be 'my activity' click this and it will take you to a comprehensive list of all your google searches on said device (what might scare you is how far back it keeps memory... had searches from years prior, infact must have had a list of literally thousands of open google searches lol) lastly i have provided a pic to help...
        so you see in the picture, in the top right corner what looks like a smiley faces with a big D mouth? so this is yet another independent memory bank for your google searches... same deal, had thousands of them still open and active when i found it... simply click on it, then click the three dots, select delete all (which may take some time, depending on the size of your lists) and bammm, worked like a charm for me, so its worth a shot if you arent already doing so..
        p.s. sorry for the massive post lol ​​​​​​​
        TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
        -mobile play only-

Comment

Solid advice 13ft shadow, thanks. But I actually already had my web & app activity paused and everything has long since been deleted. (I typically keep my phone running pretty clean). I deleted the Eternium data and uninstalled and then downloaded again from Google play. It is still crashing. Really frustrating when I almost finish a trial and it suddenly crashes. It did not do this before 1.4.8 so it has to have something to do with the update

Comment

So here are some screenshots. The s10 has one 2.8GHz, three 2.4GHz, and four 1.7GHz processors. I not sure why in one screenshot it shows that I have 4.6GB of free RAM and in another one it shows I have 3.6GB, but even 3.6GB should be plenty to run this game.

Again, this did not happen until the 1.4.8 update (possibly 1.4.7, I don't recall, but certainly not before that). When I'm on a trial the game acts like it gets hung up for a second from time to time and eventually it just stops and closes. Very frustrating.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully not a memory leak issue with the updated versions.

Comment

I don't know what the issue is but this keeps crashing while playing Road to Anderra in ANB Silver. I obviously have enough RAM as evidenced by my screenshots. This is wasting my limited game time

Edit: I even turned on developer options and changed the background processes to restrict any other background processes from running and this game is still crashing. Looks like I won't be playing this ANB
                Last edited by Arawn; 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Try turning down the various graphics settings and see if things improve. At least it'll let you continue playing...

I'm on the opposite end, 512 MB RAM, playing ok on minimum settings and 100% view.
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

I don't know what the issue is but this keeps crashing while playing Road to Anderra in ANB Silver. I obviously have enough RAM as evidenced by my screenshots. This is wasting my limited game time

Edit: I even turned on developer options and changed the background processes to restrict any other background processes from running and this game is still crashing. Looks like I won't be playing this ANB
                    I have a solution you wont like... hard reset your phone to its factory setting... there are how to instuctions for s10 resets on youtube and google... i know its a terrible answer... but it will probably work... sorry for your troubles
                    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                    -mobile play only-

Comment

Thanks Nhat and 13ft shadow. Yeah, I had been playing with graphics on half resolution. I just did a factory reset this afternoon...I guess we think alike! I'm about to download Eternium again. If it still crashes then I think it's obviously not my phone

Comment

It is still crashing... after factory resetting my phone.

It is not my phone.

Comment

It is still crashing... after factory resetting my phone.

It is not my phone.
                          probably doesn't mean much, but you have my sympathies... hopefully mabey adrian can do something for you about it... i would try sending travis a pm, if ther is any idea about how this can be resolved... try downloading another free game or open 1 you already have... does it play that fine, so it appears to be only affecting eternium??...
                          TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                          -mobile play only-

Comment

Yes, it's just Eternium. Which is a shame because it is literally the only game I play! I'm 1.5 hours in to ANB silver and normally I would be at level 70 by now. I am only at level 50 because this game keeps crashing. I'm losing my time...

Comment

Yes, it's just Eternium. Which is a shame because it is literally the only game I play! I'm 1.5 hours in to ANB silver and normally I would be at level 70 by now. I am only at level 50 because this game keeps crashing. I'm losing my time...
                              luckily they did add those 2 extra days in for us,(not sure if you noticed by chance, that its 9days instead of 7 this time) hopefully that might help make up for some lost time for you, if things get fixed soon enough... but yeah, could completely understand why you would be mad, and as eternium has been the only game i have played or invested any time into ovr the last year (used to play exiled kingdoms on my s7 for a time as well) i understand doubly so... .. i am currently at lvl 65 i believe, but i is my own boss, and have more time during the weekdays for eternium than i actually do on weekends... i know you said you don't have much time, as i assume you are working a full time job, or something equally time consuming... hmmm... wonder if you have tried turning off your wifi and play using only data?.. who is ur service provider, if you don't mind me asking?... starting to wonder if its the new 5g network causing problems with staying connected... ur s10 is running 5g now, isn't it??... very curious
                              TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                              -mobile play only-

Comment

Working...
                              X