started a topic Game keeps crashing

Game keeps crashing

1.4.8 and 1.4.9

Galaxy s10
    Android 9

• ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.)
    replied
    Originally posted by FendyBt2 View Post
    if the problems keeps happening because players click start before the update completed then disable the start button and only show the start button after the update completed to prevent this problem happening again and again...
    Because only about 2% of all players face the problem. The other 98% are able to download the updates in the background as intended.

Leave a comment:

• 13ft shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Arawn View Post

Well, son of a biscuit...

That would explain it. So it isn't MY phone...it's everyone's phone, at least everyone who has this model and software version.

Thanks for finding this 13ft shadow!
    no problem, i was just imagining how i would have felt in your shoes... (idk how big ur shoes are, but shadow wears size 14mens us) lol

seriously though, best wishes and hope they update soon for you

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Originally posted by 13ft shadow View Post

k so, i know its been a few days, and this wont help you right now Arawn but i'm about 100% certain i found whats wrong... sorry, you have my sympathy, buy shadow stumbled across this article today...

... hate to say it, but it is your phone, not eternium...

so assuming you go pull up said article, and read for yourself, it states that a new software update titled "XXU1ASE5" that rolled out in may; its causing tons of 3rd party apps to crash, nonstop... affecting all galaxy s10 users currently... this means that all these steps are unfortunately pointless for your specific case, becuase your system is now "janked" up... until samsungs new update fix, rolls out...

know it sucks, but hope this at least makes sense of the situation, for you... best wishes
    Well, son of a biscuit...

That would explain it. So it isn't MY phone...it's everyone's phone, at least everyone who has this model and software version.

Thanks for finding this 13ft shadow!

Leave a comment:

• 13ft shadow
    replied

It happens all the time. In story mode, in trials, when I'm running, when I'm attacking, regardless of gear. It's as if the game isn't running correctly and acts like it hangs up. Even when hometown is loading.
    k so, i know its been a few days, and this wont help you right now Arawn but i'm about 100% certain i found whats wrong... sorry, you have my sympathy, buy shadow stumbled across this article today...

... hate to say it, but it is your phone, not eternium...

so assuming you go pull up said article, and read for yourself, it states that a new software update titled "XXU1ASE5" that rolled out in may; its causing tons of 3rd party apps to crash, nonstop... affecting all galaxy s10 users currently... this means that all these steps are unfortunately pointless for your specific case, becuase your system is now "janked" up... until samsungs new update fix, rolls out...

know it sucks, but hope this at least makes sense of the situation, for you... best wishes

Leave a comment:

• FendyBt2
    replied
    Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".
    if the problems keeps happening because players click start before the update completed then disable the start button and only show the start button after the update completed to prevent this problem happening again and again...

Leave a comment:

replied
    I reviewed the things you've done in this thread and it looks like you may have skipped a few steps in the order of operations. Try the following (in order):
    # Open your app manager and find Eternium.
    # Force close the app.
    # Clear the app data/cache.
    # Uninstall the app.
    # Restart your device.
    # Make sure you have a stable network connection.
    # Reinstall the app.
    # Launch the game and login.
    # Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
    There has to be a pattern. Does it happen when you use a certain ability? Maybe when a set bonus procs? Try changing your gear and see if it helps (just as an experiment).
    It happens all the time. In story mode, in trials, when I'm running, when I'm attacking, regardless of gear. It's as if the game isn't running correctly and acts like it hangs up. Even when hometown is loading.

Leave a comment:

replied
    There has to be a pattern. Does it happen when you use a certain ability? Maybe when a set bonus procs? Try changing your gear and see if it helps (just as an experiment).

Leave a comment:

• 13ft shadow
    replied
    Yes, it's just Eternium. Which is a shame because it is literally the only game I play! I'm 1.5 hours in to ANB silver and normally I would be at level 70 by now. I am only at level 50 because this game keeps crashing. I'm losing my time...
    luckily they did add those 2 extra days in for us,(not sure if you noticed by chance, that its 9days instead of 7 this time) hopefully that might help make up for some lost time for you, if things get fixed soon enough... but yeah, could completely understand why you would be mad, and as eternium has been the only game i have played or invested any time into ovr the last year (used to play exiled kingdoms on my s7 for a time as well) i understand doubly so... .. i am currently at lvl 65 i believe, but i is my own boss, and have more time during the weekdays for eternium than i actually do on weekends... i know you said you don't have much time, as i assume you are working a full time job, or something equally time consuming... hmmm... wonder if you have tried turning off your wifi and play using only data?.. who is ur service provider, if you don't mind me asking?... starting to wonder if its the new 5g network causing problems with staying connected... ur s10 is running 5g now, isn't it??... very curious

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Yes, it's just Eternium. Which is a shame because it is literally the only game I play! I'm 1.5 hours in to ANB silver and normally I would be at level 70 by now. I am only at level 50 because this game keeps crashing. I'm losing my time...

Leave a comment:

• 13ft shadow
    replied
    It is still crashing... after factory resetting my phone.

It is not my phone.
    probably doesn't mean much, but you have my sympathies... hopefully mabey adrian can do something for you about it... i would try sending travis a pm, if ther is any idea about how this can be resolved... try downloading another free game or open 1 you already have... does it play that fine, so it appears to be only affecting eternium??...

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    It is still crashing... after factory resetting my phone.

It is not my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Thanks Nhat and 13ft shadow. Yeah, I had been playing with graphics on half resolution. I just did a factory reset this afternoon...I guess we think alike! I'm about to download Eternium again. If it still crashes then I think it's obviously not my phone

Leave a comment:

• 13ft shadow
    replied
    I don't know what the issue is but this keeps crashing while playing Road to Anderra in ANB Silver. I obviously have enough RAM as evidenced by my screenshots. This is wasting my limited game time

Edit: I even turned on developer options and changed the background processes to restrict any other background processes from running and this game is still crashing. Looks like I won't be playing this ANB
    I have a solution you wont like... hard reset your phone to its factory setting... there are how to instuctions for s10 resets on youtube and google... i know its a terrible answer... but it will probably work... sorry for your troubles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X