No announcement yet.

Game keeps crashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's on Microsoft Windows 10 updates. if you could rollback to the time Eternium run smoothly. and stop/hold windows 10 update till Making Fun fix this crashes. maybe it will work now.

Comment

I rolled back the win 10 update still the same crashes.

Comment

I'll add myself to the list of recently affected players, PC only. Emulator or phone work fine. PC used to. I did have a windows update ending in 3057 on 6/21. I removed it, restarted app as per Travis' advice, and neither has resolved the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post

I watched the video that Spyclown posted, then ran the game myself. I noticed that the GPU suddenly hits a max spike when the game crashes (open task manager and go to Performance tab then scroll to GPU). He has a 1080ti, and I have a 2060. Both should be more than enough to run the game. I don't know if others are seeing the same thing as well. It's worth checking out if you can as it may be something that is related. Maybe an Nvidia driver issue with the game? Or maybe it's a Windows update that is breaking it. Not sure. I just figured I'd pass this on as something that I noticed to see if anyone else that is having this issue if we all are running Nvidia GPU's.

On another note, I am able to run it fine on my phone without any crashes, so I was able to do all the daily stuff. I just prefer to play on my PC. Another thought I had... for those that are having the issue, are you using an emulator to run the game, or is it installed via the Windows store? I have it installed via the Windows store, so I wonder if maybe it works via Blue Stacks instead...

Edit: I checked my update history and there was an update done on 6-21-19. I didn't have the issue yesterday, and I'm not sure when the update went through, so maybe that is the issue. Update KB4023057

I noticed the FPS stutter when just standing there idle, I don't recall seeing that previously in my play. And good catch on the GPU spike.

For some background I tried previous nvidia drivers and most recent - No change.
          The PC I took the video clip on is Win 10 Pro version 1803, build 17134.829

I also tried on another PC - Win 10 Pro, Ver. 1803, build 17134.765. Similar system as posted in my previous video but with an AMD RX 570 card, and a much cleaner operating system.
          Same thing - The game crashes after a short while.
          I guess it's safe to say it's not an nvidia problem.

When something breaks like this -Always blame Microsoft and their updates

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
            This was reported as soon as it started happening. Unfortunately, I don't have any updates from the team yet.
            Thanks for letting us know the problem has been acknowledged and being addressed.

Comment

I installed Bluestacks and it works fine. I think it's safe to say that the issue is with the Windows store version, as I haven't had any issues with the emulator or on my phone.
              HIRE YOTI ZOQI 8683

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post
                I installed Bluestacks and it works fine. I think it's safe to say that the issue is with the Windows store version, as I haven't had any issues with the emulator or on my phone.
                Indeed. I can confirm it works on Android emulators, as well. If Bluestacks doesn't perform well for some of you guys (it didn't for me, I've since learned that perhaps version 3.xx of it works better than version 4) I've been using another one called Nox that works better for me to play on PC. Only downside is that you can't press buttons for abilities, you have to do the symbols.

Comment

Seeing that customers with no recent Windows 10 update installed get the same crash to desktop loop, it seems clear the issue is on the server side. The dev team must have done something wrong on Friday and have gone off for the weekend. Hope we will get this fixed on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                    Have you tried the basic Window app reset?
                    # Open the start menu.
                    # Go to settings>apps.
                    # Search for "Eternium" and click on the result.
                    # Click "advanced options".
                    # Click "reset".
                    TRAVIS
                    At the risk of duplicating numerous other posts & in case it hasn't been figured out yet ... this seems to be a confirmed bug across many many players. It's all over Discord. Noone can play PC online. You can disconnect & play PC offline. Android (mobile device) is OK. I personally do not know about android emulator on a PC -- but reported above it is ok. I also do not know about iOS. I'll search & see if anyone reports its OK.
                    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Multiple reports of players experiencing crashes with Windows PC version if online.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...keeps-crashing

Other versions seem to be OK:
                      • Windows OFFline
                      • Android emulator on a PC
                      • Android mobile

...not sure about iOS ??
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381 -|- Gethi, mage, & Kisheli, XP mage

Comment

Add me to the list of people that cannot play on pc, also carried out all the above checks too. Doubled checked on both graphic cards same issue on both. Not sure if this is linked with the new war supplies? before that all working fine and now not keeps getting shut down and exit to desktop? Just a thought.

Comment

Add me to the list too

Comment

Add me to that list too. Event viewer is showing the same Socket exception as in a previous post. Unlike others though, I have _not_ had any recent Windows Updates come through since it last worked. 6/13 was the last Windows update, but it's worked after that. It's just been the last couple of days that it hasn't.
                            Last edited by greatpumpkinator; 06-23-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

iOS is working fine.

Only Windows PC platforms (online) are crashing.
                              Also multiple reports with Leaderboards not registering new progress and rolling back.

Comment

This error (terminating current session) depends solely on the processing by the server side of game PC-client.
                                Absolutely no dependencies or reasons with Windows version (7/8 / 8.1 / 10 - an error occurs on all of them), or Windows updates (it doesn't matter what update packages are/was installed).
                                The error is exclusively the fault of the developers, and the fix depends on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X