No announcement yet.

Game keeps crashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The engine is drunk. Give it a couple of days to recover from the hangover.

Comment

Same problem. Tried reset the app and then system restore. Still can't even finish logging in.

Comment

Looks like most of us will miss out on the event until the next one. I know I might if the bug isn't fixed. I only play on PC I do not have a mobile phone.

Comment

My PC version is doing just that, crashing every time I try to start the game. It was working ok 24 hours ago, but not today. I tried turning my computer off and restarting game, crash. I uninstalled game, turned off computer, turned on computer, reinstalled game from MS store. Still crashing. Fortunately I can still play on my tablet, but irritating none the less. .
          My computer did do a Windows update last night, and game did play ok before then. Don't know if I know how to or can undo the update.
          Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
          Ravenstar - BH (Assault), T100+
          Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
          Greystone - BH (Assault, Au/Xp miner), T100+
          Rageon - Warrior (Jugg), T100+

Comment

Include me as another victim of MS updates. My game on PC started crashing when starting game today, and it worked last night. But that was before my computer updated Windows. Since update, game won't run without crashing. Uninstalled game, turned off computer and then reinstalled game from MS store, still crashing. Symptoms: start game, select hero, it goes to hero, then zap! all gone and screen black, then back to PC desktop. Fortunately no problem with android version on tablet.
            Last edited by RockDoc; 06-24-2019, 05:38 AM. Reason: I also followed suggested steps by Travis, didn't change anything.

Comment

Same problem here! No windows updates. Game worked fine on Saturday afternoon, then not at all on Sunday.
              Tried again a few minutes ago, confirmed it's still crashing.
              Last edited by MarkHark; 06-24-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I've been bitten by the crash monster too

Comment

I have the same issue here on my laptop. Had a windows update Saturday morning. This is the third day in a row that the game crashes to the desktop. Sometimes, it will say "continue playing game on this windows 8 device". My laptop has never been a Windows 8 device. It started out with Windows 7, and I upgraded to Windows 10 clear back in 2016. Sometimes, it just says "continue playing game on this device". I have reset the game multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still crashing. I hope they get this fixed soon. I've only been playing it a couple of months, but I have been really enjoying it.

Comment

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to have crashes burst, so I watch if there is a "troubleshooting" in sight! I am French and do not speak English, I am using a translator, so be indulgent with me, thank you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by lordshanks View Post
                      I fixed the issue! Here's what I did to resolve my problem:

1. Click on Start
                      2. Type compatibility and click on "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows"
                      3. Click on the Advanced link
                      4. Click on "Run as Administrator"
                      5. Click on "Next"
                      6. Click on "Not Listed" (first entry in the list)
                      7. Click on "Browse"
                      8. Browse to this folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.4. 9.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18
                      9. Select the "Marmalade.App.exe" file and click "Open"
                      10. Click "Next"
                      11. Click on "Troubleshoot Program"
                      12. Select the "The program worked in earlier versions..." AND "The program requires additional permissions" and click Next
                      13. Select "Windows 7" and click "Next"
                      14. Click on "Test the program" (nothing will happen, which is OK)
                      15. Click on "Next"
                      16. Click on "Yes, save these settings for this program"
                      17. Click on "Close"
                      18. Launch the game and enjoy!
                      I don't know how I missed this before, but I tried it and it didn't work. I tried compatibility for Windows 7 and 8 and the game still keeps crashing. Someone said it earlier, but I do wonder if it has anything to do with the War Supplies event currently going on. It may be about where the issue started for me. We'll see.
                      HIRE YOTI ZOQI 8683

Comment

My problem started a day or 2 after war event started. I managed to get all rewards from war event without incident. I still think it's related to Windows update since game worked fine until update went through.

Comment

Originally posted by lordshanks View Post
                          I fixed the issue! Here's what I did to resolve my problem:

1. Click on Start
                          2. Type compatibility and click on "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows"
                          3. Click on the Advanced link
                          4. Click on "Run as Administrator"
                          5. Click on "Next"
                          6. Click on "Not Listed" (first entry in the list)
                          7. Click on "Browse"
                          8. Browse to this folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.4. 9.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18
                          9. Select the "Marmalade.App.exe" file and click "Open"
                          10. Click "Next"
                          11. Click on "Troubleshoot Program"
                          12. Select the "The program worked in earlier versions..." AND "The program requires additional permissions" and click Next
                          13. Select "Windows 7" and click "Next"
                          14. Click on "Test the program" (nothing will happen, which is OK)
                          15. Click on "Next"
                          16. Click on "Yes, save these settings for this program"
                          17. Click on "Close"
                          18. Launch the game and enjoy!
                          Running in windows 7 mode did not resolve the issue for me. Excellent suggestion though.

I can confirm that the game is stable when running it via blue stacks (android emulator).

Comment

My problem started before war supplies started so don't think it is related.

Comment

A fixed build has been uploaded to Microsoft. It should be approved and available soon.

Comment

Thank you for the update Travis!

Comment

Working...
                                X