Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ack! I just lost a ton of legendary and epic set gear! Any recourse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ack! I just lost a ton of legendary and epic set gear! Any recourse?

I was just going through my epic and legendary set pieces to try to determine what should be my "first line" piece for duplicate pieces. Anyway, it ended up that I had a bunch of legendary and epic set pieces all over the ground in the town. I went to move to some place on the map and inadvertently clicked on the portal to the last trial I was playing. When I came back, all the stuff looks to be gone. Is that right? Is there any way to get it back or not save that or something? This literally just happened a minute ago. Thanks!

People have lost brilliants, perfect jewelries & great enchanted gears to that black hole, my sympathies with you

Comment

Ugh! Yeah I lost like 30 pieces of epic or legendary set gear.... they really need a confirmation prompt or something, especially for areas you've already beaten.... that's incredibly stupid.

Comment

Actually, and I say this with no intention to offend at all, what I perceive as an incredibly stupid act is to voluntarily drop your cherished gear on the ground, taking the chances that any power spike or software crash will send them to limbo forever.
        My sympathies, but short of a serverside rollback (assuming they even keep a backup), I don't think there's a way you'll ever get those back.

EDIT - One small suggestion: If you EVER need to do that again, please consider playing offline; this way, if something goes horribly wrong, you can still force the game to recover your last saved profile, by opening it in a second device.
        Last edited by MarkHark; 06-28-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Ultimately, I believe that the design of the space is good. We have our individual inventories and the Stash Chest for storage AND we are allowed to exchange one resource for another (i.e., using gems to purchase more storage space). I learned very quickly the danger of dropping something on the ground and conversely, the advantage, if I didn't want a Story Book for example.

I am sure that it is frustrating to lose hard-won resources in this manner--it is a hard lesson to learn.

Comment

Unfortunately, your items are lost. The ground is not intended for storage for this very reason, neither is your mailbox (for the same reason). The only intended storage areas for anything other than crafting materials are your equipment slots, your inventory, and your stash. Using the ground or your mailbox is done so at your own risk.

Comment

Could do with some more storage space.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                Could do with some more storage space.
                Hear, hear!

Give us larger stash tabs (6x6 is too small, 8x8 sounds barely OK), and more gem-unlockable tabs (at least up to 10-12 tabs, better yet would be as many tabs as your gems can buy).
                Last edited by MarkHark; 06-28-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I have so much that I needed to sort it out, and don't have enough inventory or stash space (and don't really wanna pay 900 gems for stash space, but maybe I will now) and certainly wasn't aware of that stupid bug. I don't think it's really crazy to be dropping stuff in town and not assuming that there's a good chance you'll lose it all if it thinks you for some reason want to go back into the portal.

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
                  Actually, and I say this with no intention to offend at all, what I perceive as an incredibly stupid act is to voluntarily drop your cherished gear on the ground, taking the chances that any power spike or software crash will send them to limbo forever.
                  My sympathies, but short of a serverside rollback (assuming they even keep a backup), I don't think there's a way you'll ever get those back.

EDIT - One small suggestion: If you EVER need to do that again, please consider playing offline; this way, if something goes horribly wrong, you can still force the game to recover your last saved profile, by opening it in a second device.

Comment

I've never done this, but agree there should be a warning when you are about to do something that will result in irrevocable loss of items. A couple months ago, when I was but a wee noob, there was no warning when I tried to add a second enchantment to a ring that it would replace the original and not stack. Glad to see there is one now, but I was pissed cause at the time it represented a devastating loss of mats & gems.

Just now I was crafting uncommon rings and lost a +88 CR as I was dragging it from my overcrowded stash to my gear page, when the timer app I use popped up. I dismissed the alarm, switched back to inventory and it had gone <poof> (not dropped on floor). I've used that timer often in ANB when cooking abilities, without problems, but never again

Comment

I would pay actual hard earned cash for some more stash space. Just another 4 pages would do it. Then I could have things organised like an actual armoury.

Comment

Pedroloco Sometimes we learn things the hard way.
                        I've done my fair share of mistakes too (and still do from time to time). This forum is a great place to learn from the mistakes of others, so we don't follow suit. Keep coming back often and you'll certainly learn a lot. I know I did!
                        Last edited by MarkHark; 06-29-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedroloco
                          That's a bug and should not be defended.
                          You deleted the post, but I'll respond to this part. Dropped items vanishing when you enter a level/leave town is not a bug. It's working as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                            You deleted the post, but I'll respond to this part. Dropped items vanishing when you enter a level/leave town is not a bug. It's working as intended.
                            2nd that

Comment

I never never never drop precious gear on the ground. Many years of mmo playing has beaten that into me. It's a painful lesson to learn and I feel for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X