Ad boxes again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad boxes again?

Is it just me or other experienced this? Yesterday, I took my daily quest and run Marcus' Village twice and SoA once. I noticed I got only 1 ad box. Then today, I had my free time so I decided to farm gems on trials. It happened again, then I restarted my wifi, cleared cache data, resterted my phone, but I always get a single ad box, then box with coins and then nothing again. I tried it three times but no change. Maybe its a problem locally (my network provider)?

I had a couple reports of this come in last night, but I was unable to reproduce the problem and everything looks good on our end of things.

Comment

I've noticed the same thing today. I've probably played for about 2 hours, part in story mode mining gold, and part running T105 for salvage mats. I only remember seeing 1 or 2 chests with ads, all other chests had gold or gear piece.
      Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
      Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
      Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
      Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
      Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
      Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

Been having the same problem since the bugged ads were 'fixed' around 8/15. I have managed to sometimes get a streak going, where I'll get maybe 10 in a row, almost as quick as it used to be. But if an ad fails to play, or I get gold coins from a box, the streak is over, and I'll have to usually do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game to get more.

Getting gems from ads is much more of a chore now than it ever used to be, and takes a serious amount of time that I just don't have. Hoping the ad services companies get enough negative feedback that they rethink whatever changes they made earlier this month.

Comment

I did uninstall then reinstalled it, and I had about 6 streaks. But I am doing it only when I am at home, but with only using data as I am travelling to work it will be time and data consuming. Made me cleared that I was not alone.

Comment

I've uninstalled/reinstalled and still have zero video ads.

Comment

include me with this phenomenon. No Ads.

Comment

I wonder if Bob Pond has got a moment, if he might have any ideas about other things we can try. I believe he's the 'Ad Whisperer,' IIRC. (pretty sure he's iOS, though, so may not apply for some of the issues here.)

Comment

The weirdest thing happened.

I can not remember the last time I saw more than 5 or 10 boxes in one day while playing on my normal Android device. Today I decided to try something different. I switched to my iOS device, which I rarely ever use, and I counted 33 ad boxes with ads that give 5 gems each before my battery needed to be recharged. The issues definitely seem to be related to Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
                    The weirdest thing happened.

I can not remember the last time I saw more than 5 or 10 boxes in one day while playing on my normal Android device. Today I decided to try something different. I switched to my iOS device, which I rarely ever use, and I counted 33 ad boxes with ads that give 5 gems each before my battery needed to be recharged. The issues definitely seem to be related to Android.
                    Yes it is. I tried to play in my cousin's iOS device, and within 30 minutes of playing, i got 14. It is definitely Android related problem.

Comment

2 ad boxes that paid off this morning - woohoo! I'm rich! Interesting observation about Android. I should grab my partner's iPhone for awhile, except that tiny screen compared to my tablet seems too frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen.simpson View Post
                        2 ad boxes that paid off this morning - woohoo! I'm rich! Interesting observation about Android. I should grab my partner's iPhone for awhile, except that tiny screen compared to my tablet seems too frustrating.
                        That is the reason why I don't normally use my iOS. My iPhone is a 6s that I use for travel due to small size but stinks for gaming. I got the whole 50 ad boxes that paid 5 gems each after I recharged the battery. I wanna say it has been months since I have been able to do that on my Android devices.

Comment

ScabbyNuisance ha, thanks. Yes, I had a bunch of problems starting during ANB. I am on iOS.

If no boxes drop at all, first just quit the game make sure to close the app and try again. This has worked for me at times. On startup something doesn’t work quite right but we can’t tell.

Next thing is reset advertising id. Settings->privacy->advertising->reset advertising identifier. Try a story see if they drop. Sometimes Google decides to cut off ads before 50 and this works.

If they drop but don’t work properly, what I found seemed to help a bit was do a full reboot. Hold down home and power buttons until apple logo appears.

if the issue is local where something on your device is causing the problem these fix the problem for me if it can be fixed. I think this is either an issue getting a connection established to google upon app initialization or google enforcing its own cap. Network issues could cause the same type of thing.

i did not have any that played but didn’t give gems. Usually they would either do nothing after saying yes to the dialog or the screen would flash and the 5 gems message would appear but no gems.

up until Saturday I was still having issues but it was better maybe 60% or more of the ads worked. Yesterday and today seem like maybe back to everything working.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Bob. Many of your suggestions have been reliable fixes for me in the past, unfortunately, they seem to have lost their mojo lately on Android. I think you're right that there's a network component to the problem, in that if there's anything flakey about the connection, like the status light in upper right goes off green for an extended time, I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose the ads if I've been getting them. I will try adding your power cycling tip to the uninstall/reinstall Eternium process, too, as that has helped with stubborn network issues before.

It is starting to look like an iOS vs Android thing, where for whatever reason, Apple's ad serving pathway just works better. My guess is that something buggy in the Android ad-to-app interface is prematurely sending a signal that the daily ad limit has been reached, and to stop serving them. I may just have to start real life gem farming & buy an iPad, lol.

Comment

Do we have anything like "Bluestacks for iOS" so I can try this version without owning an iPhone/iPad?

Comment

Working...
                              X