Companion/Minion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companion/Minion question

Hello all. Not sure if this is a tech issue or not. I searched for the answer on here for a while but haven't found any info.

I just completed the story mode on Normal, and started playing around in Heroic, and I noticed my companions (the main three you get in the story) are lagging way behind level-wise. My warrior is lvl 63, but my companions are only lvl 57. They've usually only been two or three levels behind (and I always have all three with me). Is this normal?

I noticed this when I went into The Gauntlet today (back in Normal difficulty-haven't reached it yet in Heroic), and they started dropping like flies. It's not unusual for them to die there, but not that frequent or as early as they did. I intend to play some more later and see if their level goes up, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask in the meantime. Just seems strange.

Thanks in advance for any info.

That does not seem very far below, but I usually hit Level 70 before I complete all 5-stars of Normal stories. I have noticed that they seem to level up at a fairly good rate, but do not know the mechanics.

Comment

Izk the Mad

That symptom is typical if you are either running lots of experience boosters or don't equip the companions until later. Since this is Season 1 with lots of experience boosters I am guessing that you have been running boosters most of the time.

An example of this is that during ANB where I run 200% experience boosters all the time. During ANB my character can hit CL120 and my companions still have not reached level 70 due to my character gaining experience so much faster. Experience boosters do not apply to companions.

A separation of 6 levels is not a big deal.

Congrats on getting all the way through Normal Story Mode so fast that you are only level 63.

Comment

Good points, Tin Man, I'd not even thought of the effects of boosters.

(In non-ANB, I will try to run all the way through Normal at one-star and then leave the remaining gems for later, but eventually I will do all 4 worlds at Normal, Heroic and Legendary for 5 stars.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
          Izk the Mad

That symptom is typical if you are either running lots of experience boosters or don't equip the companions until later. Since this is Season 1 with lots of experience boosters I am guessing that you have been running boosters most of the time.

An example of this is that during ANB where I run 200% experience boosters all the time. During ANB my character can hit CL120 and my companions still have not reached level 70 due to my character gaining experience so much faster. Experience boosters do not apply to companions.

A separation of 6 levels is not a big deal.
          Aah, thanks! (light bulb comes on) That makes sense. I just used a %100 booster recently and gained a couple levels. I didn't realize it didn't apply to companions (and obviously wasn't paying attention). I actually haven't used boosters much, but I was trying to unlock some gear I couldn't use yet to help with those last story levels.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
          Izk the Mad

Congrats on getting all the way through Normal Story Mode so fast that you are only level 63.
          Thanks! I confess I just started playing this game last Monday. Seriously. Way too much time on my hands the last couple weeks I guess, lol. And that's with several five star levels in Normal, seven trials, twice through the Gauntlet to wave 100, and 8 trips through the Misty Island, to boot. I suppose there were better things I could've been doing with my time, like finding a cure for cancer, or my perpetual energy machine for clean renewable energy, but I was in the mood for a good gaming fix. Hehe. Don't mind me. Honestly, I'm a long time gamer who's played a lot of games like this, and I took to it pretty quick. I've been hacking and slashing since many of the users here were in diapers. (Ooh! And I think I just found what to put in my signature!)

Comment

Originally posted by Izk the Mad View Post
            Thanks! I confess I just started playing this game last Monday. Seriously. Way too much time on my hands the last couple weeks I guess, lol. And that's with several five star levels in Normal, seven trials, twice through the Gauntlet to wave 100, and 8 trips through the Misty Island, to boot. I suppose there were better things I could've been doing with my time, like finding a cure for cancer, or my perpetual energy machine for clean renewable energy, but I was in the mood for a good gaming fix. Hehe. Don't mind me. Honestly, I'm a long time gamer who's played a lot of games like this, and I took to it pretty quick. I've been hacking and slashing since many of the users here were in diapers. (Ooh! And I think I just found what to put in my signature!)
            Something seems a little off. Are you able to post a screenshot of your character?

Comment

A little off? I'm not sure what you mean. I meant Monday of last week, if that makes a difference. I've put a lot of time in. Too much.

Comment

With all the story and trial levels you have run it seems like your character should be higher than level 63, especially after using a 100% experience booster.

Then again is your 5 star levels early Act I levels your level 63 makes more sense. Honestly, I was wondering if you are actually Champion Level 63 rather than level 63.

Comment

At first I was concerned you meant I shouldn't be lvl 63 yet!

Yeah, mostly Act I levels. I didn't race through any of the levels very fast, especially the Act IV levels where it got intense with the mobs, so I didn't get a lot of mileage out of the few boosters I had used, a couple 50s and a 100. I haven't played enough to get too many from the Season rewards yet, so I've been using them sparingly.

Comment

Working...
                  X