Toons stops moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toons stops moving

Well, now that the login problem was solved, I was actually able to log into my account and give it a try to play Eternium on a PC. Kinda nice to be able to simply spam the special attacks, although it feels like cheating.

But soon another problem arose, and it did so twice: after some time playing in a trial, the character sometime stopped moving. The game did not freeze and the character kept responding to keystrokes, but I was not able to move around. I quitted the game and restarted the client, but the problem did occur again. I also was not able to move the character when I abandoned the trial and was back in the home town. Is this a known problem of any kind? Or is it maybe just related to my weird hardware setup (Win10 on a MacBook Pro)? (Although every other software runs just normal on it)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4577.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	147868

Well, this is definitely somewhat strange: I played on Win10 :-)
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 141, Rank #77
    Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

I don't use a Mac, but it does sound like a possible issue with running Win 10 in a virtual machine. Your second post hints also that the problem might be this configuration. Are there settings available to change for the VM? I would look for a setting to specify the version of the OS running in it, to 'force' it to report to the game that it is Win 10. I'm sure an Apple user who actually knows what they're talking about will be along shortly to help! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
      ... but it does sound like a possible issue with running Win 10 in a virtual machine.
      No, Windows is not running in a VM, it‘s running actually as the native OS on the MacBook... :-)

MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 141, Rank #77
      Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
      Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
      Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
        ...after some time playing in a trial, the character sometime stopped moving. The game did not freeze and the character kept responding to keystrokes, but I was not able to move around.
        This is a bug which is caused when you press and hold the right mouse button down, press and release the left mouse button, and then release the right mouse button. You can unfreeze your hero by pressing and holding the right mouse button, pressing and holding the left mouse button, releasing the right mouse button, then releasing the left mouse button.
        Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
        ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

What you are experiencing is the result of too much "spamming" the left and right mouse buttons. For some reason, if you alternate too fast between your two attacks, sometimes your hero gets frozen.
          There is no permanent solution I'm aware of, but there IS a simpre workaround: whenever this happens, click on either the gear icon or the helmet icon.

Comment

MarkHark I've had that spamming freeze effect when I tap dance on just one mouse button and then try to move, and it only happens to me when I'm using PC. There have been times when screen freezes and I have to hit the helmet in lower right to break the freeze, then go back to action. Most frustrating when taking on boss and you freeze mid fight. Almost always dead when action starts again.

Christian Lamine Everytime I use my PC, and then go to play on my tablet, it tells me it is continuing game played on a Windows 8 device. My computer came with Win 10, so it must be like a splash screen that doesn't really know what Win version you are using, rather just that you are using windows. I just reinstalled game yesterday and still get the same message.
            Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
            Ravenstar - BH (Stalker), T115+
            Magenta - mage (ELR), T100+
            Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner), T100+
            Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner), T115+
            Rageon - Warrior, T75

Comment

Working...
            X