Kindle supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle supported?

I was thinking about getting a Kindle while they're on sale today in the US. Does anyone know if Kindle supports this game? I'm assuming so, since kindles run android. Does anyone know this game's system requirements (I don't see them listed in the play store)? It's 1GB of ram sufficient?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Arawn; 11-29-2019, 04:23 PM.

1 GB of RAM is not sufficient to run the game smoothly. It will work, but you'll see lots of crashes.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Editing a comment
      RAM is the pool of memory apps and processes draw from when they're running. If you have a lot of RAM, you can run multiple apps and processes without any issues. The moment an app goes to draw RAM and there isn't enough, the app will crash. Eternium has a habit of crashing on devices with 1GB or less RAM when larger levels with lots of mobs are loading. 1.5GB should be plenty to run the game without any RAM deficiency issues.

• DazednConfused
      DazednConfused commented
      Editing a comment
      How about someone put that info somewhere? Lol like on the eternity page or when you download it. This is the first I've seen or heard of 1 gig not adequate.

• lmcelhiney
      lmcelhiney commented
      Editing a comment
      For the more computer wizardly:

Your heap will get full. When this happens, malloc() won't be able to allocate memory anymore and it's going to return NULL pointers indefinitely. Or your program will exit (read: crash), since you're breaking out of the while loop in case malloc() fails to allocate memory.

In the early days of iPad, there were apps which allowed you to deallocate memory from running or stopped programs to be back in the free memory pool. As RAM became cheaper, it has gotten to the point where that is no longer a regular issue.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
    1 GB of RAM is not sufficient to run the game smoothly. It will work, but you'll see lots of crashes.
    Ah. Okay, thanks travis

Comment

I have a kindle hd 7th gen 10 inch and my play is smooth but I don't let anything unneeded run in the background, and tweak my settings in game to almost minimum. It will work but better with 1.5 gigs as Travis said.

edit: Wait....this should be the one I have and it has 2 gigs ram. https://www.amazon.com/Fire-HD-10/dp...a-837029669165

Edit again: Yes the kindle above is 2 gigs and a 9th gen, I have a 7th gen (same specs as 9th) nd I don't crash ever, but I tweak it low for best framerate, etc.
      Last edited by DazednConfused; 12-01-2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Arawn
        Arawn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I went with the kindle fire 8. The 10 was too expensive for my wallet, even on sale, and I saw that the 8 has 1.5GB ram, which is what my Samsung J7 had and it seemed to work okay.

Crazy how my tiny little new phone has 8GB ram, but most of the tablets I looked at have nowhere near that much
        Last edited by Arawn; 12-01-2019, 04:21 AM.

I've played a 7th Fire HD10 for the last year. I don't turn anything down. 150% view distance. 100% 3D limit. Framerate isn't capped and I do not have any problems with crashes. Runs smoothly until I enrage large quantities of mobs. I.e. About the time I hit the final main mob pack on Morganheim when doing a dash and shock with my Regalia Mage is when it gets laggy.

In trials not really a problem enraging too many as it usually proves fatal before it turns laggy.

​​​​​

Comment

I use 150 too.

Comment

Welp...I see why the kindles are so inexpensive. I don't regret buying it, as I don't have the money for a proper tablet, but the game does not run very quickly on these cheap 1.3GHz processors. But at least I can actually see the game now!

Comment

• DazednConfused
            DazednConfused commented
            Editing a comment
            Set the settings down in game and keep unnecessary things from running in background.

• NoSuchReality
            NoSuchReality commented
            Editing a comment
            And turn Alexa off. Alexa is a total pig. Download something like GSAM battery monitor to get a read what is sucking the battery on your device and bogging your CPU.

• Arawn
            Arawn commented
            Editing a comment
            I may try that! I switched off all the apps running in the background and even turned on developer options and limited background processes to 0. Gave me about 750MB total free ram. Game still doesn't run like it does on my phone. Like I said, I don't regret buying it, but 4 1.3GHz processors can't compare to 8 2+GHz processors. I guess it just is what it is

Slightly off track: I am seriously awaiting the Linux version of Eternium! Imagine running the game on a ~$50 4Gb Raspberry PI 4...

Comment

Working...
          X