Windows Version Instability - Help Us Help You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Version Instability - Help Us Help You

I would love to know if anyone with the the 1.5.48 Windows version is NOT having stability / crashing issues.

I know a lot of people have comments about the UI and other features, but clearly there has been a coincidence of events which seems to have led to a near universal instability of the Windows version. Actually, I would be interested in hearing if anyone is running an older Windows version and if they find it to be relatively more stable.

Logging In

The general instance here seems to be once the "Synchronizing Profile" screen / event hits - there is an often crash out of the application. I don't know if anyone is experiencing a crash out at some other time during this phase, but I would be interested to hear about that.

I wish I could reliably reproduce this, but I just can't. I hadn't logged into my Windows application of the game for about a week, and when I did so today, I expected the crash out - but, it went right though.

Crash During Game Play

This is, perhaps the even more frustrating part.

I don't run story mode on my PC (except perhaps during ANB), so the crash out of the application has occurred during Trials.

Today - after surprising myself and getting into the game no problem, I ran a quick TL95, which cleared and completed fine. I then ran a TL90, and it seemed like just as Kara was about to spawn, the screen basically freezes (and this is the regular sequence) - a second or two goes by, and then the app crashes out.

I would love to be able to provide you more detailed feedback to help y'all solve this, but it would be helpful if you could "help us help you" - rather than just random posts of "my game crashed again" - is there some specific data / sequence MF/DP is looking at which users might help with?

Thanks ... KTB

I am having the same crashing issues. Game crashes randomly while logging in or while during trials. I can't reproduce the crashes either

Comment

• GKM
      GKM commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here sometimes it takes up to 7 or 8 times to login..now i cant even login

Update to version 1.5.50 on Windows when you see it available and let me know if it's more stable.

Comment

I'm running 1.5.51 on fully updated Windows 10.0.19043 and constantly see crashes.

Comment

• RainmanRam
        RainmanRam commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news! It's likely not the game or x64. I just ran on an older x64 system without a flaw. So now, I'm guessing it's likely the hardware combination or drivers. I'm running a Surface Book 3 with 32G memory and that might be the key. Note that these machines also have 2 graphics cards. I'm going to try playing it with each of them and see if I get different results.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news indeed. I hate a mystery I can't solve and I hate telling players "it's probably your hardware" (which it often is). :P

• RainmanRam
        RainmanRam commented
        Editing a comment
        Even better news. I had updates in the Intel WiFi and Audio drivers today that have allowed me to play much longer without a crash. I do recall some problems with audio that would drop one of the tracks (usually battle effects).
    Working...
    X