Not launching on a new device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not launching on a new device

Hi, I'm trying to play Eternium on my laptop for the first time (as opposed to my desktop, phone and tablet where it all plays fine). I have my Steam account set up on the laptop and Eternium downloaded, but whenever I try to launch it, it goes through the loading screens until the Syncing message comes up, and then Eternium just vanishes with no error messages or anything. Rebooting and updating Steam has had no effect. Any ideas what I might try to fix this?

PS: Did the clear download cache too as per the FAQ, no change.
    Last edited by Ender1970; 12-24-2022, 03:35 AM.

Are you able to play the Steam version of the game on your desktop, or are you playing the Windows version of the game there?

Do you have the Steam overlay turned on?

Comment

I'm having same issue. Just got a Pixel Pro 7. Ran fine on my S9

Comment

Apparently, there were some intermittent server issues last night and this morning. The issue has been resolved as of about 15 minutes ago. Are you guys still having trouble?

Comment

No change on my end. I'm using the Steam version on both the laptop (Win10) and desktop (Win7). I've tried with the Steam overlay turned off and on.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            It's really strange that you can load the game on Steam on one device, but not another. I'm able to load a copy of your game data on Steam using Win11. Both of those things indicate a problem specific to the laptop. Maybe antivirus or firewall? If everything looks normal there, you can try removing and reinstalling Steam itself.

• Ender1970
            Ender1970 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think I have anything peculiar in the way of AV or a firewall. I am using Nord VPN but that's on both systems so I wouldn't think that's the issue. I'm traveling this week but I agree that taking a closer look at Steam may be fruitful and intend to do upon my return (first comparing how I have it set up on the desktop with the laptop, and then reinstalling if that doesn't provide clues). If I figure it out I'll share the lesson learned.

Just a follow-up, I finally got around to downloading the WIN10 version of Eternium on my laptop and was able to run it fine. So my issue relates to the Steam install on my laptop not syncing for some reason.

Comment

Working...
          X