Stuck on "checking for localization updates" on Win 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on "checking for localization updates" on Win 10

I tried deleting the app cache, but it doesn't help. I've paid some money for 100 gems per days etc. but, it really sux not being able to play it on my PC.

How's your network connection?

Comment

I've tried uninstalling on my PC, cleared the app cache and everything I found in the forums but I'm not able to log in on my PC. I've paid for some upgrades to help me progress, but won't be able to complete my goals since the PC version won't start

Comment

Perfectly fine as far as I can see

Comment

I'll try restarting my router and see if it helps

Comment

Nah, just tested and it seems to work fine.108 Mbps down and 30 Mpbs up

Comment

Uninstall and reboot helped though.

Comment

And now it crashed and is stuck again. I give up and go to bet and much of the time I spent during the event will be lost ...

Well, I guess I won't be paying any more for this game and that is sad since I like it a lot)

Comment

Humus mentioned that this issue was resolved in another thread (that got corrupted and lost when I tried to merge it into this one). Is the issue resolved?

Comment

No! It still won't start even after clearing the app cache (and several reboots). Still stuck on "Checking for Localization Updates"

Comment

Check the troubleshooting guide and follow the solution for "being told you're offline when you're connected to a network". TL;DR, find a different network or use a VPN.

Comment

Why on earth would a VPN work? Last night the game worked on my PC for a while, but today it's stuck on the update again - I'm still on the same network and connection, and I haven't played at all on my Android.

Comment

Originally posted by afe View Post
                          Why on earth would a VPN work? Last night the game worked on my PC for a while, but today it's stuck on the update again - I'm still on the same network and connection, and I haven't played at all on my Android.
                          Some Network providers have trouble connecting, a VPN should help.

Comment

Yes, but since the same connection worked yesterday I can't see how that could be the case here. Also, I'm on a stationary PC which is not very easy to move. It also works fine on my phone connected to the same network and using the same provider when out of home.

Comment

Originally posted by afe View Post
                              Yes, but since the same connection worked yesterday I can't see how that could be the case here. Also, I'm on a stationary PC which is not very easy to move. It also works fine on my phone connected to the same network and using the same provider when out of home.
                              My answer hasn't changed. Try a vpn.

Comment

Working...
                              X