Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes grievous wounds?

Can’t find anything on this

It comes from the vampiric blades set. It's the bleed effects' name under the trial stats
    QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
    Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Grievous Wounds come from using Vampiric Blades, which is a Warrior weapon set with Viscera and Sanguinarius swords that depends on using Rending Slash as primary attack. It became popular for a while after the last major balancing upgrade, but as I recall, it turned out not to be competitive against the Single Wield Defender set with the Blackguards Assault weapon set. I still have a "bleed" warrior that runs a 6pc Warlord gear set, but I haven't actually played Warrior since the version 1.5.5 upgrade.

Comment

• Argon
        Argon commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmh, SW was superior in AnBs due to faster xp grinding, but DWs have won all 3 seasons.
        As for primaries, that's frenzy. Training grounds show more damage using RS when fighting mobs and only looking at damage from primaries, but with 25% more alacrity procs and 95% of overall damage coming from abilities frenzy was and is primary attack.

Ah, makes sense. I was so tired of playing SW, I spent the last month spending my resources to create a warlord set. That time seems wasted now. My low grade fury set is much faster.

Comment

• Montresor
        Montresor commented
        Editing a comment
        i feel you. my time building a high level arcanist set in ANBs is now useless also.

• Rogtime
        Rogtime commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I was getting carried away because I’ve been in the top 300. From now on I’m just going to play what I’m interested in and not worry about getting the best 77 level items.

It's actually the best option for DW atm, imo. If the axe set wasn't garbage it might have a chance with the new set, but it's bonus effect is holding it down. It also doesn't really depend on rending slash, rending slash just adds to the bleed effect and in turn shockwave bonus. Vamp blades bonus effect is activated by crits, the more/faster your crits are, the more of a stack you'll get from the blades. So frenzy works great with it also.
      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
      Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

• Rogtime
        Rogtime commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m hooked on whirlwind, can’t give it up. I can’t figure out how to use shockwave and whirlwind together with the Fury set. Any ideas?

• Argon
        Argon commented
        Editing a comment
        Cast WW, run around a bit for more tornados, charge, SW, repeat. Or see Rommes video running tl135.
        With ww now beeing an AoE ability you can cast charge, sw while ww is still active.
    Working...
    X