Why use QOL trinket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why use QOL trinket?

I was puzzled why the top warriors all use QOL trinket. I assumed it was the damage reduction from Cleave. After experimenting more with Cleave in my 4 Warlord+2 Fury WW+ITZ XP build, I saw a big increase in parry when I triggered Cleave, for much faster cool-downs. Is this the real benefit of QOL?

Qol let’s me keep the buffs from attacks up. For instance, on BH Demolition build I use it to switch between Lethal and Explosive so I am getting Tracer stacks and bombs, but Lethal does about 25% of my overall damage. On Warrior it can be used to keep up buffs from Frenzy, Cleave or Rend. Mages get a haste buff from Arc Lightning as I recall. Honestly, it’s sub optimal since you can just manually switch. I am on a mobile and new. There is already a lot to keep up with so I use Qol.

Comment

QoL = quality of life for mobile players.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedicto View Post
        QoL = quality of life for mobile players.
        I'm pretty sure the ones at the top of the warrior leaderboard are not on mobile. So, is it just all about simplifying the button-mashing, even for PC players?

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Given that there is an existing (still there?) issue with mouse locking up due to too many clicks, I would assume yes. The trinket is enough to keep the full 10 stacks of Rending up, so no need to alternate anymore, especially in the Cleave/Rending combo - you're giving up a bit of damage with the Frenzy/Rending combo, but not enough to cause any concerns...

• Grand_Wazoo
          Grand_Wazoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup...still there...QOL is very handy to bypass the issue.

Some builds the Versatile Belt is probably better.

Comment

• Rogtime
          Rogtime commented
          Editing a comment
          Havin’ a hard time thinking of one

• Naktl
          Naktl commented
          Editing a comment
          Any build that benefits more from two non-Qol trinkets, but you still want to maintain a buff from attacks. Mostly Lily builds given that many of the other trinkets are not so useful or conflict with other trinkets.

Examples that can work.... Like the Talisman of Power and Lily. Talisman of Storms and Vial of the Wind. Depending on the rest of the build and the Belts for that class. I used Versatile on an SCR Lily build. I use it for XP/XG builds, particularly those that are just using the main attack while grinding, without throwing many abilities.

So... does the build benefit from 2x non-Qol Trinkets? Do I need/want automated help maintaining an attack buff? What Belts do I have available besides the Versatile and what do I lose/gain if I use Versatile?

• Rogtime
          Rogtime commented
          Editing a comment
          I admit that I was thinking of just warriors, belts are more important than the luxury qol or versatile. Like the belt heroism for a defender or templar.

Sorry to hijack this, but - where can I go to see what unique trinket does what? Looking to spend the bounty from my first non-ANB trial on some trinket crafting! I've tried searching for trinket names and they just take me to a general discussion about the general merits wiithout actually saying what the trinket does.

Comment

Originally posted by RetLaw View Post
          Sorry to hijack this, but - where can I go to see what unique trinket does what? Looking to spend the bounty from my first non-ANB trial on some trinket crafting! I've tried searching for trinket names and they just take me to a general discussion about the general merits wiithout actually saying what the trinket does.
          Just go to Ingrid Blacksmith, choose the trinket you want to see and do not click "Craft", instead click icon on top left corner. Then you will see the description of abilities/benefits which that trinket brings.
          This also works for all other items we can craft.

Comment

This is what I do, though I frequently wish I had a side by side spreadsheet for sets, belts, trinkets.

Comment

Ah, sadly, I don't think that is available via mobile.

Originally posted by Seba View Post

Just go to Ingrid Blacksmith, choose the trinket you want to see and do not click "Craft", instead click icon on top left corner. Then you will see the description of abilities/benefits which that trinket brings.
              This also works for all other items we can craft.

Comment

Originally posted by RetLaw View Post
                Ah, sadly, I don't think that is available via mobile.
                It's available on all platforms:

1. Select Craft when talking to Ingrid
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201003-022041_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	182646

2. Select Trinkets

Name:	Screenshot_20201003-022045_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	182647

3. Select Unique Trinkets

Name:	Screenshot_20201003-022050_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	182649

4. Choose any and then press on the item's icon, if yoy have selected any attributes, you'll see the possible range as well...

Name:	Screenshot_20201003-022055_Eternium.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	182648
                Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

LOL, shee-it. Never knew - many thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X