Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the C.R. in the top Warrior Builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the C.R. in the top Warrior Builds?

I've been ignoring my very 1st Eternium buddy for too long, focusing lately (too much) on my BH's and Mage. Will likely go into ANB Silver 13 with a Warrior, hoping to upgrade. He'll feel less ignored, I'm sure -- until I swap him out with my new toon! (Some buddy I am, huh?)

For my style and present level at CL1590-ish, I was attracted to full Fury at first but I'm slowly moving to a hybrid 4F/2W. Maybe I end up with 4W/2F one of these days like the big guns? But for now, this is comfortable for me.

That aside, I'm still trying to wrap my freakin' head around why the top LB builds exclude Critical Rate. Is C.R. somehow intrinsic to the warrior? I don't see C.R. explicitly called out in the current metas. Or is it C.R. is somehow swamped by the effectiveness of some other stat(s) that make its addition as an attribute insignificant?

Or is it something else?

A curious mind wants to know.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Good question, since it seems paradoxical to not have CR on gear. The answer is that you get 5000 CR for 2 seconds from Belt of the Templar every time you parry an attack. So load up on Parry instead of CR to take advantage of the bonus from the belt [look at Korin's gloves to see the Parry Rating and enchantment].

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Ozymandius; 01-09-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it helps a lot!

Thanks, both of you. I'm returning after months away, using my Warrior to practice for next ANB, and was puzzling over CR. Extremely helpful.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back, and good luck to you!

Raingold and WarriorSeven I should have mentioned that you also want to have In the Zone active to get the increased chance to Parry attacks. ITZ gives you enough parries to keep your CR buff active as long as you are actively engaging an enemy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ITZ.jpg
Views:	1288
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	208407

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Helpful again as usual, Ozy. Just goes to show how important it is to study (at least pay attention to) ALL the interactions among toon, abilities, and gear!

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the synergies between gear and bonuses are really important to a high level finish.

Triggering belt of the Templar in mob phase is easy if you pull enough enemies, 15% parry seems to be all that’s needed. The higher parry you see on some top players is there more for damage mitigation probably.

For the rest it’s also worth mentioning the cr boost from charge that also helps a lot especially for some bosses that don’t do many attacks that you can parry.
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      @Kardinal Good point about the CR boost from Charge!

Thanks for this thread. I’m working on my warrior after spending ages being frustrated as a mage, playing on mobile. Increasing parry on freshly Crafted lvl 75 Fury gauntlets just got me over the line with TL 128. Been playing full Fury until now but finally tweaked the 4WL 2F build sufficiently to work with my slow finger and mediocre skill.

Gargos - Warrior; Gargosa - ELR Mage; Jimmy - BH (farmer); Garg - ANB Silver Warrior

Comment

Working...
    X