Wrong skill descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong skill descriptions

I play eternium for about 2 years. I love the game and the reason I write this post is to help it improve.

I devoted about one whole day to test in training grounds the warrior skills and make the calculations for each skill to see which ones work properly and which not.

Rending slash: The skill description is wrong. The AOE component affects the main target too. So it should not state that "hits all other targets", but "all monsters around the target (including the target)". The DOT works fine.

Charge: The skill says it does 300% weapon dmg but does 200% instead.

Battle Rage: The skill says that it increases dmg by 30%. The character icon says 20%. The tests showed that it is 20%. So, u need to fix bother the icon and the dmg factor.

Fire Lilly trinket: The description says that increases dmg by 200, 300, 400, 500% but it's wrong. With a green Lilly of 200% increase I expect to see a x3 factor in dmg, but I see x2. So the description should change to depict an increase of 100-400%, resulting in dmg factor of x2-x5.

Storm of swords: Nowhere is defined the number of hits (swords). Tests showed that they are 12-15. Please clarify it.

Whirlwind: Description says 600% dmg, but in practice it is 600% PER HIT for the duration of 4secs. This means that for a speed of 5 hits per sec WW does 600x5x4=12.000% dmd total. Please clarify.

Whirlwind proc (warlord 2): The duration should be clarified. It is not 4secs as normal WW, but 1sec instead.

Cleaver: Item says increase by 1200% but in practice is 400%, meaning x5. Please fix either description or dmg calculations to match.

General % issues: The is a major conflict in the description of how % work. When I have many items that give % let's say physical dmg, the total dmg increase comes after u add all the bonuses. So two bonuses of 20% result in 40% bonus and not in 1,2x1,2=1,44 so 44% increase. This is ok. But when it comes to other stats, like armor, u need to have in mind there is a hidden 25% bonus from champion points. So if a skill says 10% increase in armor it is in fact additive to the 25% so total armor is increased by 35% from base armor.

Thank u, I hope it helped.
    To be continued

While I go on with the research on the skills mechanics, I want the devs to really invest some time to check if the skills work according to the descriptions.

Most of the game at the moment is really a mess. And i state this with all honesty.

- Cleaver says it increases damage of attacks by 1200% but u have programmed it to increase by 400%.

- Charge says it does 300% weapon dmg but u have programmed it to do 200%.

- Lily says it increases dmg by 500% but u have programmed it at 400%

- Battle rage says it increases dmg by 30% but does 20% instead
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​and the list goes on and on for years...

You need to realise that if u want ppl to invest money or time, then YOU need to invest time to fix skills-descriptions!

Skill description & buff description & programming MUST BE THE SAME!
    Instead of wasting months to rework map 2, invest 1 day of work to check if all skills work as stated.

Finally i want to emphasize on the term "increase" in this game, which is a mess.

- Lily says "increases dmg by 500%" but is programmed to multiply dmg by x5 instead of x6. If u want to increase dmg by 500%, then program at x6

- Talisman os storms says "increases dmg by 3000%". In terms of increase i expect to see my total dmg output to be multiplied by x31. This is the proper programming. Instead of this u have programmed to add 3000% at the CD percentage. So if my hero has 1000% CD, then with ToS active i have 4000% CD. This is fine if u want this to be the output. But you need to work on the phrasing of increase. Maybe u should write sometging like: adds 3000 to the CD percentage of your character.

- Talisman of frost/pyromaniac etc: They say increases dmg by 100%. This can be translated in 3 ways:
    a) after all calculations, multiply dmg x2. So if i have +60% frost dmg, that is x1.6 coefficient, my final dmg is at x3.2
    b) u add 100% to the frost dmg boost, so if i have +60% from gear, that is x1.6, then when active i have +160%, leading to final dmg at x2.6
    This is a quite serious debate, i hope u understand.
    c) you forgot to program it and in practice i have no dmg boost at all. When i see that there r so many wrong descriptions, i doubt that the item i use does in fact anything.

I m sad to say that I cannot trust anything in the game. I m sorry.

Comment

Working...
    X