Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What damage type affects Storm of Swords and Tornadoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What damage type affects Storm of Swords and Tornadoes?

A simple test by noting values with none and each of the different kinds of damage types with over 5 sets of values should tell us the answer. As a bonus if it's true that 2 different types of damage types affect SoS and Tornadoes, then we could craft a dual attribute one and see if the damage is boosted more than having just a single dmg type on it.

The testing method is simple. Equip a fire lily, remove all sources of unwanted bonus damage and change only the trinket/belt with the damage type. For me as I haven't unlocked lily yet I'll be using the one which dropped for me, unfortunately this already has physical dmg on it but this is no matter since I continue the experiment all the same and the results should be apparent. The reason the results should be the same is because I care about whether the damage increased and not the specific value for it, therefore if damage has increased then I know that damage type worked (besides if all my tests have 1 physical then technically none of them have this physical). Continuing with the methodology WW is activated and then a single leap is cast and when all the tornadoes have disappeared is when I check the damage values. Additionally all of the crafted trinkets will be at the green grade.

After some preliminary tests I see that despite this methodology the total damage can vary quite a bit especially with tornado therefore I will be considering the damage per cast and running 20 tests per damage type which means I'll be running through the method a total of 20 times before noting values. The values recorded will be for SoS and tornado (and tornado casts as another data point).

Just phys (control)
    SoS dmg/cast: 579.06M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 2.97M (1392 casts)

Phys+Phys
    SoS dmg/cast: 671.57M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 2.99M (1372 casts)​

Phys+Arcane
    SoS dmg/cast: 579.18M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 3.01M (1354 casts)​​

Phys+Nat
    SoS dmg/cast: 577.99M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 3.50M (1384 casts)​​

Phys+Fire
    SoS dmg/cast: 582.82M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 3.00M (1356 casts)​​

Phys+Frost
    SoS dmg/cast: 582.38M
    Tornado dmg/cast: 2.96M (1389 casts)​​​

While testing these I had to redo these all again because I noticed the more I continuously tested the lower the values got until I restarted the game. Besides that the results here indicate to me that nothing but Physical and Nature dmg actually affect SoS/Tornado. It appears then that Physical increases SoS and Nature increases Tornado so this is basically the end of this thread lmao. It'll be around for hopefully useful info when people need it or unless anyone wants to have any further discussion on it.

Thanks for the testing and report! That Tornadoes damage is increased by +NaD% and SoS by +PhD% is well known already though. One suggestion to have no damage variation: remove weapons!
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Not quite sure what I'm testing here, perhaps if the damage types affect the weapon damage itself or the multiplier of the skill (i.e the order in which the dmg type is calculated)?

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      The school damage is a separate multiplier. With no weapon, the “weapon damage” is 1. This damage of one is added to the min and max damage given by each weapon, btw.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If I understand correctly the damage for just a skill attack would be (weapon damage x skill multiplier x other multipliers) + (weapon damage x school damage) which would then translate to (0 x skill multiplier x other multipliers) + (1 x school damage) if I had no weapon.
      Last edited by ; 10-14-2022, 01:50 PM. Reason: rewording

Repeating the above tests but this time without weapons so my damage is now fixed at 22-22 and testing only PhD and NaD since they were the only damage types which had an observable effect.

Just phys (control)
    SoS dmg/cast: 346.1k
    Tornado dmg/cast: 1730 (1355 casts)

Phys+Phys
    SoS dmg/cast: 394k
    Tornado dmg/cast: 1719 (1385 casts)​

Phys+Nat
    SoS dmg/cast: 346.7k
    Tornado dmg/cast: 2008 (1401 casts)​​

Not sure why SoS dmg is so high but this is what happens without weapons. It appears SoS is more resistant to low weapon damage while tornadoes seem almost entirely dependent upon it. It's be nice to know how this kind of stuff is computed if anyone has any idea.

Comment

Working...
    X