Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stacking Girdle of Heroism and Bracelet of Mastery attuned for Deadly Throw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking Girdle of Heroism and Bracelet of Mastery attuned for Deadly Throw?

The belt gives plus 30% and the bracers give plus 80-100%. Do these bonus stack exponentially or just add together? I wonder if there is potential to use these. also another aspect is the bonus damage from duelist and lightning reflexes, up to another 100 percent each for 10 parries and some amount of critical hits.

erm..
    this anb I try DT skill with girdle of heroism plus DT bracers
    ​​​​​​Just reach T 120

Observation?

1. Not dead yet
    2. Light and easy with Kara

Let see how far can this DT plus Girdle thing can perform. If can't go further hv to change to old build I guess

Hv fun

Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-31-2023, 06:22 AM.
    Shield warrior Lover i'm afraid
    trial 181 in 9:08 min (Spring Season). can't be worse can't it. O dear.

brooch of vampirism thing. suddenly not bad. My charm of qol fail at 181 but vampirism success.

Hv a nice day

Comment

Speaking of Defender builds, don't know if you have been following the chat about shield warriors on discord but someone on there has beaten TL155. And there is a defender build sitting at 24 in the season table after completing TL157 now as well

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfric View Post
        Speaking of Defender builds, don't know if you have been following the chat about shield warriors on discord but someone on there has beaten TL155. And there is a defender build sitting at 24 in the season table after completing TL157 now as well
        158 right now

Attached Files

Comment

As we discussed in discord, I suggest devs to buff deflect rating, making it specifically for tanking builds. For me it's logical - u tank a pack of 50 mobs, so deflect should work great there, none other build or class can do that.since Warrior can't use parry or dodge(they work before block) u don't have shield slam and DT proc, then here comes deflect, making it second survival stat after block, and THIRD source of damage for shield Warrior OR make deflect buff damage done by your shield.
          As I learned, difference in mob clearing at TL155(there I cleared mob packs very fast - 3 min and was able to kill Kara In time) and TL 158 is very huge(never done it faster than 4 min, mobs deal significantly higher damage). So right at this moment shield Warrior starts to lack tankiness and becomes weak(almost fully CTed shield warrior). Maybe 161-163 is possible but not 159 160(especially for guys with 100+ of each medals).

Comment

Hip hip hooray Shinori
            Congrats on defeating Kara at trial 155 etc.
            ​​​​​
            i should say you are now: "the king of shield warriors".

erm For ages I'm stuck at 154. Let me try to adjust a bit for my gears. Such as add Deflect with 1-2 gears? etc etc

​​​​Thank you
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-06-2023, 08:44 AM.

brooch of vampirism thing. suddenly not bad. My charm of qol fail at 181 but vampirism success.

Hv a nice day

Comment

• Shinori
              Shinori commented
              Editing a comment
              You should try clear mobs in 3 min, so u have 7 min to try Kara and garm. First 3-4 min u just attack full time and stack osmosis, last minutes try to control your buffs, so u could use slayer shield block and talisman of storms at the same time for maximum damage...need tons of tries

As for deflect, I'm not sure if it works properly now, need to build at least 20% deflect rating (around 10 CT 77 items with deflect) to say something, maybe it doesn't work properly at all. I don't recommend you to build deflect!

As I understand, regular block reduces incoming damage by 40%, regular block is capped at first 100%(4k block rating), all block chance above 100% is critical block, reduces damage by 80%, capped at 195%(7800?), so build up block above 3800 on your items(shield block skill gives 4k) won't increase your survivability, it just adds extra power with 6 pieces defender set... But it WILL increase your survivability when shield block is on cd... Afaik

Right now I'm gonna build more deflect and less block(around 3800-4000) only for testing how deflect works at the moment
              Last edited by Shinori; 09-06-2023, 09:02 AM.

Well as usual or until kingdom come Trial 154 only. No further up for me I'm afraid.
            The only good thing this season is the timing. Can't be worse can it at trial 154????

Hv a nice day
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-08-2023, 09:29 AM.

Hv a nice day

Comment

• WarriorSeven
              WarriorSeven commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure if you tried adding more Rubies to your sockets vs. ALL the Topaz (CR) to up your Power.

IMHO, your Toughness is overkill (17,369,068, really?). And it also appears you're way underpowered for your Elites and Bosses at TL154, with most of your damage just from Shield Slam and Deadly Throw -- Whirlwind, Frenzy, and Cleave just seem to be along for the ride.

A slight rebalance may be needed without major changes to your gear sets.

A few suggestions, before making any Ability adjustments, I would first try replacing nearly half your Topaz gemstones with Rubies to up your Power (Damage) level as a tradeoff with CR to help against Elites and Bosses, and then see if this makes any difference (you'll know you're on the right track). I would first start with some by replacing some Topaz gemstones with Rubies to start: for example, there's really no need for Sapphire (Haste) on the Helmet on the 2nd Ring for a Shield Warrior. Also, no need for the extra Diamond (Armor) on your Shield (already PLENTY of Toughness in your build).

For a next step Ability adjustment, I would then try Devastate replacing Shield Block as a test, upping your damage (with better cooldown) as a tradeoff (more Power, less Toughness).

For Passives, consider replacing Duelist with Lightning Reflexes to buff Devastate if you replaced Shield Block above.

You could certainly try the above first in the Training Ground to see if you get any benefit on stats before a real Trial.

Anyway, my two cents. Maybe this can move your up a bit?

• Shinori
              Shinori commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! Just try harder, on Kara I would recommend to stay in a corner(cactuses on desert map)so Kara and her spawning maidens were in one direction so ur slam would hit maximum targets, and interrupt armor buff from maidens of steel.
              I cleared mobs in 3 min, so I got 7 min to try Kara, got my osmosis stacks to 180, and when I had 20 sec left, I stopped for few seconds, and timed tos and slayer for final procast(she had like 15% hp) and killed her.
              Last edited by Shinori; 09-08-2023, 03:17 PM.

Shinori
            Would you be so kind to post your Trial 155 Leaderboard? ( if you still hv it via Screenshot?, if not it's ok)
            BASED ON THE LB ONLY YOU ARE ABLE TO BEAT KARA AT THAT TRIAL. At the moment you are at trial 158 ( No. 32)
            We are all happy for you
            The rest of us shield wariors still stuck at 154 I'M AFRAID::

"LB No 67, 71, 72" (at the moment 3 Shield warriors)

We could learn a thing or two from you
            Thank you
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-11-2023, 05:45 AM.

Hv a nice day

Comment

Unfortunately, I have only this screen... I standed between two cactuses, making Kara come close to melee zone and all spawning maidens were in one direction with Kara... Got my stacks to 180 and killed her, but failed at the beginning - I didn't interrupt maidens armor buff at the start of fight around a minute.
              Also when Kara has 3+ damage buffs, u can hold casting ww+br to lower your hp to 30% for extra SB buff from shield. And of course waste SB only on tos and slayer
              Attached Files

Comment

Since I have attracted the attention of the shield warrior gods I feel I might as well use this opportunity to ask about the play style. I play shield war and have only managed to get to 140 or so I believe. Is haste worth putting on gear or should I abandon that for vitality and ability rate? Also is it confirmed that having a armor gem and enchant on your shield increases shield slam damage? As for mob pulls do you go for one huge mob or multiple smaller ones? When using shield block I assume popping battle rage before for the 30 percent dmg increase is the method? Last question does where you stand affect the damage output of shield slam when fighting mobs, i.e. stand in middle or side?

Comment

Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post
                  Shinori
                  Would you be so kind to post your Trial 155 Leaderboard? ( if you still hv it via Screenshot?, if not it's ok)
                  BASED ON THE LB ONLY YOU ARE ABLE TO BEAT KARA AT THAT TRIAL. At the moment you are at trial 158 ( No. 32)
                  We are all happy for you
                  The rest of us shield wariors still stuck at 154 I'M AFRAID::

"LB No 67, 71, 72" (at the moment 3 Shield warriors)

We could learn a thing or two from you
                  Thank you
                  Here it is... Way easier now with fully CTed gear than it was then... Added huge amount of deflect rating to items, it helps a bit(though, if it was possible to gather 50% of Defl rating it would be really strong I think)

Comment

Working...
                  X