Vengeance wasn't mine, sayeth me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vengeance wasn't mine, sayeth me

The token reads "Reflect last damage received." My opponent is a witch.

The combat log looks like this:

TURN STARTED.
    Playing token: Dark Ritual.
    Damage 12 to enemy.
    Heal 12 on self.
    Dark Ritual leeched 12 HP.
    TURN ENDED.
    TURN STARTED.
    Playing token: Vengeance.
    Damage 2 to enemy.

So, either the token text needs further qualification, or someone owes me 10 damage.

(Is it possible to have the Report Bug button in Options generate a report for the last match even if you're doing it from the home page of the app? Lacking certain optimist tendencies, I assumed this was going to be an "as intended" response, and didn't think to get a report while on the match result page.)
    Last edited by osoviejo; 04-29-2017, 12:47 AM.

Yeah, things are a bit weird here. Dark Ritual doesn't really deal damage; it transfers the HP directly, so it's not affected by parry/block/evade and it's not recorded as damage (on the other hand, immunities such as Cheat Death and Berserker Rage apply to it, so it IS a bit like damage). We'll clean this up to be consistent.

It's possible to generate a report for the last match when you press Report Bug in the main menu, but it's a bit of work. I'll see when I can squeeze it in. Anyway, in this case I don't need the log, I can reproduce the behavior consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea (Developer) View Post
      Dark Ritual doesn't really deal damage...(on the other hand, immunities such as Cheat Death and Berserker Rage apply to it, so it IS a bit like damage).
      Speaking as just a naive player, it's a bit of a tough sell that Dark Ritual isn't damage. It sure looks, feels, and acts like damage--especially when it blows past Diamond Armor, and mocks your surprise and confusion.

We'll clean this up to be consistent.
      Can you say what that will look that?

Comment

We've changed Dark Ritual to deal damage first, then heal for the amount of damage dealt. The damage obeys the normal rules, so it can be blocked, evaded, parried, you can reflect it with Vengeance etc. (and you can also increase it with items which buff magic damage). We've also changed Immolate in a similar fashion. There should be no more surprises now.

Comment

Awesome Mihnea. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X