Sibylla and the Shadow Stalker Pendant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sibylla and the Shadow Stalker Pendant

Multiplayer, berserker vs bot Sibylla. At the end, I played Berserker Rage and had this happen:

Hit Sibylla with 12 damage.
    Sibylla reduced to 0 HP.
    Sibylla heals for 5 HP.

Rinse, repeat.

Did you critical hit each time? Shadow Stalker Pendant heals her for 5 HP each time she draws Poison Blades, and she can draw a Poison Blades token when receiving a crit due to Resilience. It's a bit of a stretch for this to happen 2 or 3 times in a row, but not impossible.

The real question is, should heal procs such as this one from Shadow Stalker Pendant raise the dead? We will examine this, because it's not the only instance where it can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea (Developer) View Post
      The real question is, should heal procs such as this one from Shadow Stalker Pendant raise the dead? We will examine this, because it's not the only instance where it can happen.
      I vote for the principle of least surprise--the dead should stay dead. The effect itself is fine, I think it was otherwise triggering normally (and yes, crits I believe). By the way, as you note I have seen this happen in other contexts (different kits) as well.

I guess I would argue that if a heal can proc after damage without regard to health, then damage should be able to take health negative. But simple is best in my view--zero means match over.

Comment

A related issue just popped up in a solo game against an assassin. Before I ended my turn, the assassin was down to 1 HP and had both a DOT and Cheat Death active. When I ended my turn, Cheat Death apparently lingered long enough to wipe out the DOT. Seems like a bug.

The Cheat Death text reads "Ignore all fatal damage next turn." By "next turn" that means its opponent's turn, correct? In my view, the DOT isn't part of my turn, it fires on the assassin's turn--by which point Cheat Death should be removed. (Shouldn't everything that expires at the start of the next turn be removed before any remaining and active effects are applied?)

Comment

Yeah, Cheat Death shouldn't do that, we'll fix it for the next update.

Comment

Cheat Death should work as expected starting with today's build.

Comment

Working...
            X