Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osoviejo
    replied
    Thanks Mihnea. The "reflecting 1 damage" did throw me off. Wasn't sure what was happening. Now I know!
    Last edited by osoviejo; 05-04-2017, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mihnea
    replied
    Updated the email, thanks.

The shield reflected damage 9 times during the game, but there are two things which obscured it:

1. You played your own shield, then attacked. The reflected damage was absorbed by your shield (and it broke). This happened 8 times. For example:

Code:
    Using item: Ardent Pavise.
    Using item: Gram.
        Shield absorbed 7 damage.
        Damage 6 to enemy.
        [b]Viking Shield: reflecting 1 damage.[/b] [i]- the reflect happened[/i]
        [b]Shield absorbed 3 damage.[/b] [i]- this is your shield absorbing the reflected damage, and being removed[/i]
        [b]Damage 0 to enemy.[/b] [i]- this line refers to you, as you took 0 damage from the reflect[/i]
    2. Your weapon has a 30% chance to ignore block. When that is triggered, Viking Shield obviously doesn't reflect anything. This happened 4 times during the game.

You attacked 15 times; 2 times the opponent didn't have the shield up, and Gram triggered 4 times, leaving 9 hits to the shield. It indeed reflected damage 9 times, but 8 times it was absorbed by your own shield. That leaves precisely 1 reflect which actually did damage, and that's the one you saw.

PS: I did find one bug, though. The shield says "reflecting 1 damage" in the combat log, instead of 3. I'm fixing that.

Leave a comment:

• osoviejo
    replied
    Oops, okay, I'll resend them. You may want to update the sticky on how to send logs--it specifies ironbound-help@makingfun.com which is what I've been using (since I can never remember and it's easy to check there).

Leave a comment:

• Mihnea
    replied
    Where did you send the log? If you've sent it to help@ironboundgame.com, it will take a few hours until it reaches me, because that email goes to Travis, and he has to forward the log to me. Please send it to mihnea@secretlevelgames.com directly.

Leave a comment:

• osoviejo
    started a topic Viking Shield

Viking Shield

Playing the bot Ulf in multi. I saw his shield block many times without reflecting the promised 3-HP damage (although it did appear to work correctly once near the end). Sending the log.
Working...
X