Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witch bug

Hi.

The Witch can dispel the buff from Shiv of Mastery (reads cannot be dispelled).

Hi,

Where did you see "cannot be dispelled"? The effect tooltip says "can be dispelled", so Shadow Pierce works as expected on it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crop.png
Views:	55
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	76700

Comment

Yes it does, my grandest apologies. I read it wrong. Thanks for the response.

Comment

One of the nice things us witches can do is remove buffs...even the ones that say "permanent" ...

Comment

Just occured to me, but to avoid this confusion (since permanent does imply that it is forever), how about using the word persistent instead?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
            Just occured to me, but to avoid this confusion (since permanent does imply that it is forever), how about using the word persistent instead?
            or..."subject to witch approval"

Comment

I also always thought it said "cannot" until I read this thread a while back.
              Seems to me that, as the "permanent" bit is where the duration would normally be it only addresses the issue of how many turns /attacks it will last for.
              The issue over dispelling only arises because it appears next to the duration and, in the heat of a match, it's easy to make assumptions about the intention of the text, especially for those of us who have played a lot of board /card games over the years. One gets used to certain terminologies.
              BAgate's suggestion of persistent would help avoid problems swinging the other way ("hey! This said permanent and some dumb witch made it go away! No fair! Waa waa waa!) but also removing the" can be dispelled" bit entirely seems smart to me.

Comment

I'm an idiot!
                To hell with persistent, permanent, dispelling and all that jazz.
                Keep it simple!
                Just keep the size and nature of the bonus, and it's source. Easy.

Comment

Working...
                X