Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing 101

Hi guys!

First of all, freaking obsessed with the game right now, going into my third week only. But as a marketing consultant in real life and after quite a fair bit of discussion with colleagues, here is me hoping some of the following features are implemented for this awesome game.

1) Share button - let's get the word out guys! In only these last few weeks, I've been sharing screenshots from the game with my own friends to talk about in-game happenings but more importantly we definitely could use more players. With a simple share, we can use WoM to spread the word without the game developers having to spend any money on advertising.

2) Friends and other interactive features - I've read on these forums about the add friend feature (I can't wait!) But we can do so much more. Recommendation awards for newly registered accounts, trading features between accounts, in-game events that coincide with real world festivities etc. Let's build a community outside of these forums.

3) Highlights - There's already quite a number of really good players here, with really unique takes on the gameplay or builds. But outside of the one on one games amongst these awesome plays, nobody knows or is able to see how it works. Let's have highlight reels of these plays, maybe with a bit of commentary, and then let us share the **** out of it. Mobile games have become a channel for gamers and fans (of which we can always use more of), so let's make it a point to allow these two segments to interact with one another outside of the forums. With the friend feature add-on, we could have a view game feature as well, see how they played and what moves they made. This could be controversy for some (maybe players don't want others to see what they do), but eventually people will figure it out anyway, so why not leverage on that and market it out? Let their fans see how they do it, keep the whole gameplay fluid and exciting.

4) Promos - expanding on the interactive features mentioned above, we absolutely can do more events in-game. Like the recent release of the pirate, what if we had an event that had a specific ladder for that class, with pirate exclusive rewards (this could be done across the board for all classes). How about class Vs class exclusive events similar to what we already have with the practice mode, now combine it with the arena mode: climb a ladder exclusively for these game modes, reward gold but from the game itself and not from the players alone like in the arena - this will help towards the in-game economy while players feel appreciated as well no?

These are just some of the ideas that I had, but what say you guys?

Welcome to the game...I joined in July, so not sure if I've been promoted from newbie yet. I also enjoy this game a ton and specifically joined Discord and this forum when I'm usually always a lurker type. So your comments on building a community are right on.

1) and 2) are good and hopefully 1) is easy to implement.

I can see 3) being controversial, but as long as it's opt in from both parties shouldn't be a problem. I personally think the game might be a little like baseball....which to me is lots of fun to play, but I can't stand to watch. But some people do like watching baseball, so this might cater to that type of gamer as well.

I've got mixed (somewhat selfish) feelings about 4) as I'm a parent with young children and get to play infrequently. Would like to see these events be set up in such a manner that allows various types of gamers to participate and do well without requiring constant screen time. Obviously devs should do what brings the most player's in though.

I think these ideas are great, but the dev team is currently pretty small as far as I can tell, so 3) and 4) might be long term goals at best.

Also join Discord if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Earlomorton; 12-18-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

1 is definitely quite simple I'm sure from my very inadequate understanding of game development and mobile apps (I apologise if I am wrong). But for me personally, 2 is going to make a heck of a difference to the game, it'll literally change how the whole game feels. 3 & 4 are almost like bonus add-ons at this point, great if it happens, won't be game changing (pun intended) if it doesn't.

Just from 1 alone I believe there will be quite an impact on the game. 2 on the other hand, will be incredible client servicing. Here's me hoping for the best no matter what

Comment

Ya, a friend feature would be fantastic. I will share this with the developers.

Comment

On said friend feature, would be cool to have a little status dot or something that indicates online or in a game and what type of game. Possibly green dot = online not in game, blue dot = ranked game, yellow dot= unranked, red dot = arena.

We ask for so much, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post
            Ya, a friend feature would be fantastic. I will share this with the developers.
            YASSS

Comment

Originally posted by Earlomorton View Post
              On said friend feature, would be cool to have a little status dot or something that indicates online or in a game and what type of game. Possibly green dot = online not in game, blue dot = ranked game, yellow dot= unranked, red dot = arena.

We ask for so much, lol.
              Hehehe

Comment

A friend feature makes a lot of sense. That's a significant piece of work though. With the team so small, that's a "do nothing else for 6 weeks" kind of task, which is hard to pull of.

Comment

A friend feature makes a lot of sense. That's a significant piece of work though. With the team so small, that's a "do nothing else for 6 weeks" kind of task, which is hard to pull of.
                  But those 6 weeks worth of work will be so worth it no?

Comment

That depends on the value of the work you didn't get done during those 6 weeks, I guess. If a friend feature increased stickiness significantly, then it would be.

Comment

That depends on the value of the work you didn't get done during those 6 weeks, I guess. If a friend feature increased stickiness significantly, then it would be.
                      From all the previous posts I've noticed from a bevy of players (at least from this forum), I think it'll definitely add some value to the player base here tremendously.

Comment

Make it 12 weeks of 1/2 time work problem solved. Where do I collect my pay check

Comment

Working...
                        X